Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    The only easy choices are Cyclops and Storm, for the O5 and ANAD teams, respectively.

Cyclops and Storm are forever X-Men IMO. I can see Kurt and Logan doing other things that better suit them, but Cyclops and Storm will die X-Men and I feel like those are good candidates to lead a team of generational representatives.

Rogue has an eye for redemption and I think her work with the Avengers will make her the most connected to the non-mutant heroes and perhaps rub even her longtime friends the wrong way. Still a mutant hero through and through, she'll have a perspective that challenges her teammates.

Rahne, who is like my 6th or 7th favorite New Mutant (s/o to Rictor, Dani, Berto, Doug, Illyana, and Tabitha lmao) was my choice for her generation. For one, I wanted someone with a physical mutation. I wanted someone that not only showed the turmoil of mutant life but also be a source of hope and mercy.

My 90's recruit choice was just as difficult as my NM spot, but I went with Bishop. I just liked the idea of him working with pretty much every member of the cast and bringing out different facets of his personality. He is a doomed future living in a better one and I think that his personality could have a lot more texture working with Scott, Rahne, and...

Monet/Penance, my Gen X choice. She's my fave so duh, but the perfect mutant whose arrogance is cursed with an untouchable exterior spices up most group dynamics. I think she'd be the most eager and capable to prove she is just as strong as her superiors, but of course has a lot of issues to work out before leading anybody.

My Academy X person is Prodigy. He's increasingly iconic and his quest for data has shown to lead him dark and disturbing paths (corpse garden, anyone?).

Potential Swaps: Rahne and Bishop for Rictor and Marrow.

Yeah I would definitely read this. Have Rogue and Monet ever been on a team together? I feel like they could clash in some interesting ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I would definitely read this. Have Rogue and Monet ever been on a team together? I feel like they could clash in some interesting ways.
    I'm pretty sure Monet filled the spot on Woods' all female team, left vacant BY Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm pretty sure Monet filled the spot on Woods' all female team, left vacant BY Rogue.
    Monet was so dope in that book! <3
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The Krakoan Diplomacy Team. Part Uncanny Avengers reunion, part political domestic and intergalactic exploration. The purpose of the team is to go around various countries, worlds, species, and communities and try to form alliances to strengthen Krakoa's political power.

60s Recruit: Iceman (leader)
    ANAD (70s): Sunfire
    80s Recruit: Rogue
    90s Recruit: Kwannon
    New Mutants: Sunspot
    Generation X: Monet
    New X-Men: Indra (could be swapped with Loa or Broo)

Most of these members have served on non-mutant teams or might not have too many objections to the message. Rogue, Sunfire and Sunspot were all Avengers, while Iceman worked with the Champions. The odd ones out are Kwannon, Monet and Indra but I'll explain their roles below.

Iceman: He's been making significant changes in his life recently and it's about time for him step up in this role. He has ton of experiences being a team player and I think it would be interesting to see how he'd run a team when he's so used to be the one to crack jokes, lose his temper and pass off the responsibility to someone else. Also I am the only one who'd find it funny for him to deal with Da Costa on a daily basis? Not only do they have similar names but personalities lol. It'd be like trying to get along with a younger afro-brazilian straight (?) version of himself.

Sunfire: It's strange seeing Shiro on Krakoa but I think on a team like this he fits. As long as it's international enough and is able to garner his home country some recognition, I can see it satisfying his desires to be a symbol for his country as well as perhaps finally spend some time around other mutants. It's time for him to grow some real connections to the X-Men.

Rogue: While initially her role in UA seemed strange, more as a foil for Wanda than her own character, I think she eventually grew to really care about being on a team that tried to be more inclusive and not just preach integration. I could totally see Rogue trying her hand again on reforming a Avenger-like team on Krakoa. though the team itself is a bit counter-intuitive by being made entirely of krakoan mutants

Kwannon: One of the stranger choices on my list but I wanted to intentionally place Kwannon in a team that's dramatically different than her former role(s) working as an assassin. What's more fish out of water than serving on team as a public face for mutant relations? Hey if Wolverine and Black Widow can kill people and still be an Avenger, Kwannon can be a diplomat

Sunspot: As much fun as annoying Sam in the Shi'ar Empre is, its not fun when we don't see it. Bobby could use another go shaping up his own identity and I think funding a team to try to change the image of mutants around the universe works for him. He has some connections to the Shi'ar now as well. Also it'd be amusing to try to see him wrestle control of the team away from Drake whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Monet: Another odd choice, I see Monet as very unapologetically pro-mutant so it'd be interesting for her to work on a team that tried to intentionally be welcoming and polite to garner public support and form alliances. Like Sunspot, she comes from wealth and is ridiculously smart, so she'd be a good asset to the team. She also works as someone who could be devils advocate and ask uncomfortable questions when necessary.

Indra: One of the youngest from the New X-Men crowd, he's rather reserved and a bit of a blank slate. It'd be interesting to see how someone from perhaps one of the most traumatized generation of X-Men attempts to remain hopeful and welcoming to a "world that hates and fears them".

I could see them coming into conflict with various races who'd rather kill them than enter an alliance; the Children of the Vault, The Neo, and various anti-mutant groups like the Purifiers. Other interesting groups they could interact with include the Inhumans, Eternals, Kree, Brood, and the Shi'ar.
    I want this team so bad

Incredible Member

I've been aching to find out what the new X-Men team will look like in June, so in the meantime I thought it'd be fun for us to make our own. To make a truly intergenerational team you must have 7 members total with one from each of following categories:

1. 05 (plus Polaris and Havok)
    2. All-New All-Different
    3. New Mutants
    4. 80s Recruits (ex: Rogue, Betsy, Dazzler, etc.)
    5. Generation X
    6. 90s Recruits (ex: Gambit, Bishop, Cecilia Reyes, etc.)
    7. Academy X/ New X-Men

Try to include some explanation for your choices and what role they'd play.
    1) Cyclops - When well written (which he isn't always) Cyke personifies what it is to be an X-Man and he's earned a great deal of loyalty over the years.
    2) From the all New, All-Different cast I have to take Storm who I think works as a superb foil to Scott, her powers and personality are very different to his but I think they would compliment each other well.
    3) From the New Mutants I think I would take Sam, the issue where he graduated to the X-Men is still one of my favourites and Claremont showed how effective an X-Man Sam can be in X-TREME X-MEN, I nearly gave this slot to Berto but Sam just edged him out.
    4) From the 80s recruits, although this is the second hardest era to choose from (for me the hardest is the 90s) I think I would like Dazzler to have some focus (I like Rogue but I feel sure other titles are more likely to focus on her)
    5) Of GENERATION X I would take Chamber, I liked Synch well enough (so I do appreciate Hickman for making him a member) but, to me, Jono epitomizes that era and I loved that he graduated in the last issue of GENERATION X (Jubilee and Husk wanted it too much and Paige has been rather tainted by Chuck Austen too)
    6) Of the 90s recruits, I have always had a fondness for Marrow (and I loved how she played off Logan back in the 90s, not that he is on my team!) and Cecilia Reyes has a special place for me, given my lack of defensive powers and the fact I have no healer I think I have to give this slot too Cecilia
    7) Academy X/New X-Men is also quite hard but I think, for the sake of balance on my team, Wind Dancer makes sense (I could also of gone with Wolf Cub or even Match or Trance, I like a lot of these characters)

That's my 7, some only just made it in but I think that team would have a good balance of powers and the clashes in personality would make for interesting reading IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    1) Cyclops - When well written (which he isn't always) Cyke personifies what it is to be an X-Man and he's earned a great deal of loyalty over the years.
    2) From the all New, All-Different cast I have to take Storm who I think works as a superb foil to Scott, her powers and personality are very different to his but I think they would compliment each other well.
    3) From the New Mutants I think I would take Sam, the issue where he graduated to the X-Men is still one of my favourites and Claremont showed how effective an X-Man Sam can be in X-TREME X-MEN, I nearly gave this slot to Berto but Sam just edged him out.
    4) From the 80s recruits, although this is the second hardest era to choose from (for me the hardest is the 90s) I think I would like Dazzler to have some focus (I like Rogue but I feel sure other titles are more likely to focus on her)
    5) Of GENERATION X I would take Chamber, I liked Synch well enough (so I do appreciate Hickman for making him a member) but, to me, Jono epitomizes that era and I loved that he graduated in the last issue of GENERATION X (Jubilee and Husk wanted it too much and Paige has been rather tainted by Chuck Austen too)
    6) Of the 90s recruits, I have always had a fondness for Marrow (and I loved how she played off Logan back in the 90s, not that he is on my team!) and Cecilia Reyes has a special place for me, given my lack of defensive powers and the fact I have no healer I think I have to give this slot too Cecilia
    7) Academy X/New X-Men is also quite hard but I think, for the sake of balance on my team, Wind Dancer makes sense (I could also of gone with Wolf Cub or even Match or Trance, I like a lot of these characters)

That's my 7, some only just made it in but I think that team would have a good balance of powers and the clashes in personality would make for interesting reading IMHO.
    Really like your explanations. Maybe Storm could take a mentorship role with Wind Dancer due to some of the overlap in powersets.

Havok (After his stent in Hellions. The Quiet Council puts him with a mentor leader)
    Banshee (Leader)
    Magik ( I think she would be fun with Jubes and M)
    Jubilee (Both M and Jubes will follow Banshee to hell and back)
    M (For the snark and banter. Maybe she can strengthen her telepathy since she is the only one this team has.)
    Lifeguard (Maybe a love interest for Havok)
    Umbra (Never got to see wha this powers were all about. We can flesh out a character that hasn't really been used.)
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 04-13-2021 at 03:31 PM.

1. Jean (team leader).
    2. Storm (second in command).
    3. Sunspot (team muscle and money).
    4. Dazzler (Energy control and PR).
    5. Synch (versatilty)
    6. Gambit (stealth).
    7. Wallflower (her powers could work well with Storm's)

Really like your explanations. Maybe Storm could take a mentorship role with Wind Dancer due to some of the overlap in powersets.
    omg omg I would loooooove to see Storm offer some tips and guidance to Sofia. They shared A panel long long ago and Storm was instructing her briefly there. I think it was a holiday special or something. X-Men 165 I think. In 2004.

Found it.