Extraordinary Member

1. Cyclops
    2. Storm
    3. Magik
    4. Kate Pryde
    5. Synch
    6. Cecilia Reyes
    7. Gold Balls

I started looking to create a team of powerhouses, but I also wanted to avoid duplicate powers and I found that once we get into the 90s and onward it's very hard to think of people I'd specifically want on a team. For instance, I'd prefer Eva Bell to Gold Balls, but time travel/manipulation is already covered by Magik. I'd really prefer to be able to include more people from the 70s and 80s and forget about the 90s and 2000s altogether.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 03-29-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I've been aching to find out what the new X-Men team will look like in June, so in the meantime I thought it'd be fun for us to make our own. To make a truly intergenerational team you must have 7 members total with one from each of following categories:

1. 05 (plus Polaris and Havok)
    2. All-New All-Different
    3. New Mutants
    4. 80s Recruits (ex: Rogue, Betsy, Dazzler, etc.)
    5. Generation X
    6. 90s Recruits (ex: Gambit, Bishop, Cecilia Reyes, etc.)
    7. Academy X/ New X-Men

Try to include some explanation for your choices and what role they'd play.
    1. Iceman
    2. Colossus
    3. Karma
    4. Rictor
    5. M
    6. Psylocke (Kwannon)
    7. Dust

So initially I wanted to avoid to slapping together a bunch of favorites and calling it a day. I wanted to pick a team that would make sense, and I could have done that, but I saw a lot of people were putting together teams that sort of fit the mold for a great super hero team. So instead, I picked some favorites, and some that I felt needed some development love, and try to figure out what interesting dynamics could come from it. What I noticed was the majority of the characters I chose, are often supporting characters and while they may have had plot threads that could have went somewhere, they never did...or another writer ignored them...or they've been put through a lot of bad writing, or trauma lately.

Iceman - I put him on the team because I wanted to give him a chance to be a leader. He is always a supporting comic relief type. Here I'd like him to focus on growing up. I thought Mike Carey did such a great job with him and Cannonball. Would like to see Iceman have the Rogue treatment during that era.

Colossus - This poor guy has not had an easy time lately. I would like him on this team as the big teddy bear he used to be. Try to get back to an easier time. I think have him and Dust develop a bond/friendship. Both originally a bit more pacifistic, but dealing with the reality...that can't always be the case and how they deal with those hard decisions. Would have an attraction to Kwannon.

Karma - Second in Command. She needs some development, I'm not a huge Karma fan so I don't have any ideas for her...but I would like for her to have some important develpment...also... this is grim, but she'd likely die first mission and be resurrected to get rid of that robotic leg.

Rictor - He's going to be our Earth Elementalist and Mutant Magic expert. He'd probably help Bobby with some personal stuff, but most importantly bond with Piotr and help him through his emotional issues. Rictor also tends to bottle things up, but I think having him help someone else is a way that he tends to heal himself as well.

M - I like M. I also think the exposure and juxtaposition between her and Dust would be excellent. Two Muslim women to show the readers how two women of similar faith can be wildly different and not shoehorned into stereotypes. Also, Bobby would have a HELL of a time trying to reign in her strong personality. M also has a somewhat similar personality to Emma, and a good deal of this team has either been trained, mentored or had some sort of connection with Emma. So it would be good to have someone like that around the rest of the team.

Psylocke/Kwannon - M and Psylocke will likely be the more blunt get the mission done types. Kwannon would serve as a 'out of the box' thinker to solve problems, while being excellent at spy like elements. If M doesn't call out something, Kwannon probably will, although less abrasively.

Dust - I want her back in X-books and I think her powerset is so cool. I think she'd be excellent support on the field. Able to create cover, or tear through enemies without having to worry about harming Iceman, Colossus or M/Penance. She is young, but she's wise beyond her years, and I think that might be some what comforting to some of these more tenured X-Men who have so much weighing them down.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Blue
    1. Jean - Telepath
    2. Storm - Leader
    3. Magik - Teleportation, Magic User
    4. Rogue - Bruiser
    5. Jubilee - just love her dynamic w X-23
    6. Gambit - Stealth
    7. X-23 - Wild Card

Gold
    1. Cyclops - Leader
    2. Colossus - Bruiser
    3. Rahne - Wolf things
    4. Betsy - Telepath
    5. Husk - Extra support, gives Elixir competition for best skin care
    6. Bishop - Tech
    7. Elixir - Medic
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Blue
    1. Jean - Telepath
    2. Storm - Leader
    3. Magik - Teleportation, Magic User
    4. Rogue - Bruiser
    5. Jubilee - just love her dynamic w X-23
    6. Gambit - Stealth
    7. X-23 - Wild Card

Gold
    1. Cyclops - Leader
    2. Colossus - Bruiser
    3. Rahne - Wolf things
    4. Betsy - Telepath
    5. Husk - Extra support, gives Elixir competition for best skin care
    6. Bishop - Tech
    7. Elixir - Medic
    I love your teams <3

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I've been aching to find out what the new X-Men team will look like in June, so in the meantime I thought it'd be fun for us to make our own. To make a truly intergenerational team you must have 7 members total with one from each of following categories:

2. All-New All-Different
    3. New Mutants
    5. Generation X
    7. Academy X/ New X-Men

1. Marvel Girl
    2. Storm
    3. Magik
    4. Rogue
    5. Synch
    6. Bishop
    7. Hellion

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I love your teams <3
    Thank you! I spent too much time on them
    Make Good Art

2. All-New All-Different
    3. New Mutants
    5. Generation X
    7. Academy X/ New X-Men

1. Havok - Leader
    2. Nightcrawler - Heart and soul of the team
    3. Moonstar - The one with all the ideas, smart, tactical
    4. Betsy - Our telepath
    5. Skin - Just because he's one of my favorites
    6. Gambit - The charm
    7. X-23 - The lethal one
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BLUE TEAM

GOLD TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    1. Iceman
    2. Colossus
    3. Karma
    4. Rictor
    5. M
    6. Psylocke (Kwannon)
    7. Dust

So initially I wanted to avoid to slapping together a bunch of favorites and calling it a day. I wanted to pick a team that would make sense, and I could have done that, but I saw a lot of people were putting together teams that sort of fit the mold for a great super hero team. So instead, I picked some favorites, and some that I felt needed some development love, and try to figure out what interesting dynamics could come from it. What I noticed was the majority of the characters I chose, are often supporting characters and while they may have had plot threads that could have went somewhere, they never did...or another writer ignored them...or they've been put through a lot of bad writing, or trauma lately.

Iceman - I put him on the team because I wanted to give him a chance to be a leader. He is always a supporting comic relief type. Here I'd like him to focus on growing up. I thought Mike Carey did such a great job with him and Cannonball. Would like to see Iceman have the Rogue treatment during that era.

Colossus - This poor guy has not had an easy time lately. I would like him on this team as the big teddy bear he used to be. Try to get back to an easier time. I think have him and Dust develop a bond/friendship. Both originally a bit more pacifistic, but dealing with the reality...that can't always be the case and how they deal with those hard decisions. Would have an attraction to Kwannon.

Karma - Second in Command. She needs some development, I'm not a huge Karma fan so I don't have any ideas for her...but I would like for her to have some important develpment...also... this is grim, but she'd likely die first mission and be resurrected to get rid of that robotic leg.

Rictor - He's going to be our Earth Elementalist and Mutant Magic expert. He'd probably help Bobby with some personal stuff, but most importantly bond with Piotr and help him through his emotional issues. Rictor also tends to bottle things up, but I think having him help someone else is a way that he tends to heal himself as well.

M - I like M. I also think the exposure and juxtaposition between her and Dust would be excellent. Two Muslim women to show the readers how two women of similar faith can be wildly different and not shoehorned into stereotypes. Also, Bobby would have a HELL of a time trying to reign in her strong personality. M also has a somewhat similar personality to Emma, and a good deal of this team has either been trained, mentored or had some sort of connection with Emma. So it would be good to have someone like that around the rest of the team.

Psylocke/Kwannon - M and Psylocke will likely be the more blunt get the mission done types. Kwannon would serve as a 'out of the box' thinker to solve problems, while being excellent at spy like elements. If M doesn't call out something, Kwannon probably will, although less abrasively.

Dust - I want her back in X-books and I think her powerset is so cool. I think she'd be excellent support on the field. Able to create cover, or tear through enemies without having to worry about harming Iceman, Colossus or M/Penance. She is young, but she's wise beyond her years, and I think that might be some what comforting to some of these more tenured X-Men who have so much weighing them down.
    Love this team and I can tell you put a lot of thought into it. I’d be particularly interested in reading about the dynamic between M and Dust someday. Bonus points for having a ton of LGBTQ+ and racial diversity.

Love this team and I can tell you put a lot of thought into it. I’d be particularly interested in reading about the dynamic between M and Dust someday. Bonus points for having a ton of LGBTQ+ and racial diversity.
    Thank you Glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps I'll write a short story with this group lol. LGBTQ+ & Racial diversity it super important to me as a Queer POC. Representation matters!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

1. Sage - strategist, analytics, logistics, perfect hand to hand combatant, paranoid critic
    2. Storm - elemental powerhouse
    3. Dani Moonstar - Valkyre, has a flying horse, gets **** done
    4. Goblyn Queen aka Maddie Pryor - wildcard, magic, spells, rehabilitation
    5. Mondo - transport, using him to reveal some of his unknown powerset and define him
    6. Bishop - detective, energy absorption and redirection, hunk, also his and Sage's dynamic is beautiful
    7. Ernst (as in reprogrammed Cassie Nova in Stuff body) + No Girl = telepathic killer duo I can't live without, team's communication

Jean
    Storm
    Firefist
    Rachel
    Husk
    Dr. Reyes
    Dust

1. Cyclops (Krakoa's Captain Commander should the leader of the team)
    2. Colossus (The heart and muscle of the team)
    3. Dani Moonstar (She has more than enough experience and needs the chance to shine)
    4. Dazzler (She needs another shot after that short stint on Astonishin X-Men)
    5. Synch (His time in the vault should have him crazy bossed up by now)
    6. Gambit (He's just a cool character)
    7. X-23 (We always need a Wolverine)

The Krakoan Diplomacy Team. Part Uncanny Avengers reunion, part political domestic and intergalactic exploration. The purpose of the team is to go around various countries, worlds, species, and communities and try to form alliances to strengthen Krakoa's political power.

60s Recruit: Iceman (leader)
    ANAD (70s): Sunfire
    80s Recruit: Rogue
    90s Recruit: Kwannon
    New Mutants: Sunspot
    Generation X: Monet
    New X-Men: Indra (could be swapped with Loa or Broo)

Most of these members have served on non-mutant teams or might not have too many objections to the message. Rogue, Sunfire and Sunspot were all Avengers, while Iceman worked with the Champions. The odd ones out are Kwannon, Monet and Indra but I'll explain their roles below.

Iceman: He's been making significant changes in his life recently and it's about time for him step up in this role. He has ton of experiences being a team player and I think it would be interesting to see how he'd run a team when he's so used to be the one to crack jokes, lose his temper and pass off the responsibility to someone else. Also I am the only one who'd find it funny for him to deal with Da Costa on a daily basis? Not only do they have similar names but personalities lol. It'd be like trying to get along with a younger afro-brazilian straight (?) version of himself.

Sunfire: It's strange seeing Shiro on Krakoa but I think on a team like this he fits. As long as it's international enough and is able to garner his home country some recognition, I can see it satisfying his desires to be a symbol for his country as well as perhaps finally spend some time around other mutants. It's time for him to grow some real connections to the X-Men.

Rogue: While initially her role in UA seemed strange, more as a foil for Wanda than her own character, I think she eventually grew to really care about being on a team that tried to be more inclusive and not just preach integration. I could totally see Rogue trying her hand again on reforming a Avenger-like team on Krakoa. though the team itself is a bit counter-intuitive by being made entirely of krakoan mutants

Kwannon: One of the stranger choices on my list but I wanted to intentionally place Kwannon in a team that's dramatically different than her former role(s) working as an assassin. What's more fish out of water than serving on team as a public face for mutant relations? Hey if Wolverine and Black Widow can kill people and still be an Avenger, Kwannon can be a diplomat

Sunspot: As much fun as annoying Sam in the Shi'ar Empre is, its not fun when we don't see it. Bobby could use another go shaping up his own identity and I think funding a team to try to change the image of mutants around the universe works for him. He has some connections to the Shi'ar now as well. Also it'd be amusing to try to see him wrestle control of the team away from Drake whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Monet: Another odd choice, I see Monet as very unapologetically pro-mutant so it'd be interesting for her to work on a team that tried to intentionally be welcoming and polite to garner public support and form alliances. Like Sunspot, she comes from wealth and is ridiculously smart, so she'd be a good asset to the team. She also works as someone who could be devils advocate and ask uncomfortable questions when necessary.

Indra: One of the youngest from the New X-Men crowd, he's rather reserved and a bit of a blank slate. It'd be interesting to see how someone from perhaps one of the most traumatized generation of X-Men attempts to remain hopeful and welcoming to a "world that hates and fears them".

I could see them coming into conflict with various races who'd rather kill them than enter an alliance; the Children of the Vault, The Neo, and various anti-mutant groups like the Purifiers. Other interesting groups they could interact with include the Inhumans, Eternals, Kree, Brood, and the Shi'ar.

Fantastic Member

X-Men - the hero team. with typical recruits busy Scott picks up a new group

Cyclops
    Thunderbird
    Magma
    Dazzler
    Skin
    Marrow
    Specter

eXiles - characters struggling to adapt after resurrection as well as other outcasts. taking on the tasks nobody else wants to.

Changeling
    Petra
    Firefist
    Longshot
    Gaia (yes I remembered she exists)
    Maggott
    Rainboy