Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Am I the only one who got turned off by the art?
    Just read it and you'll see that the art fits right in.
    But you know, tastes vary among everyone.
    I truth, it's a matter of education, how one learned to view and appreciate things.
    Last edited by jb681131; 03-30-2021 at 04:54 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comic was fun. Animated film was glorious .
    I totally forgot about the movie.

Didn't they also release a comic based on that as well?

But to answer the OP, it's really good

I enjoyed it, it was really fun
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    No, Batman/TMNT crosses the Batman canon comics univers with the TMNT canon comics univers.
    While Batman/TMNT Adventures crosses the animated shows universes.

So they are 2 totally unrelated things.
    The events of the comic were never referenced in any other following book...so not canon, it's just an art style more similar to the main line of books. They're both mashups of the same two properties (Batman and the Turtles) it's just one is specifically a mash up of their cartoons but at the end of the day it's still just Batman meeting the Ninja Turtles so there's no real reason to split hairs here.
    Just read it and you'll see that the art fits right in.
    But you know, tastes vary among everyone.
    I truth, it's a matter of education, how one learned to view and appreciate things.
    I have read them, and while the plots were okay the art just wasn't doing it for me. Freddie Williams' overly muscle bound take on Batman just doesn't work for me and the way it was colored gave Batman's suit way too many highlights, making it seem like his cape and cowl were meant to be seen as gloss black which is a really odd artistic choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comic was fun. Animated film was glorious .
    I couldn't agree more. The movie is my favorite crossover project of the two.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I hope they do a sequel because of that ending they gave with the end of the film

The events of the comic were never referenced in any other following book...so not canon, it's just an art style more similar to the main line of books. They're both mashups of the same two properties (Batman and the Turtles) it's just one is specifically a mash up of their cartoons but at the end of the day it's still just Batman meeting the Ninja Turtles so there's no real reason to split hairs here.
    It doesn't have to be reffered to, to be canon. It just has to fit in without trouble somewhere in the timeline. You can have these event happen during mid New52 or early Rebirth.
    Also if look at the custumes and looks, they are the one for the canon timeline at the time.

I have read them, and while the plots were okay the art just wasn't doing it for me. Freddie Williams' overly muscle bound take on Batman just doesn't work for me and the way it was colored gave Batman's suit way too many highlights, making it seem like his cape and cowl were meant to be seen as gloss black which is a really odd artistic choice.
    Saying the guy with the oddest Batman face as his profile pic.

Astonishing Member

Batman/TMNT is delightful and hits probably every note you'd want a Batman/TMNT trilogy to cover.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It doesn't have to be reffered to, to be canon. It just has to fit in without trouble somewhere in the timeline. You can have these event happen during mid New52 or early Rebirth.
    Also if look at the custumes and looks, they are the one for the canon timeline at the time.

Saying the guy with the oddest Batman face as his profile pic.
    It's a mash up between two properties, if it isn't mentioned again it didn't "happen" you're free of course to add it to your own personal continuity( I do the same with Batman Versus Predator) but it's definitely not canon.

And my icon? It's a piece of popart...and pointing out that it's stylistically different than your standard Batman doesn't negate my criticism at all. With the crazy amounts of highlights added to Batman in the TMNT crossover you'd expect the suit to look like the vinyl suit Catwoman wore in Batman returns. If you think that's how Batman should look then I guess that's your personal preference but for me it reads wrong for a guy who's supposed to be about stealth. And it's the same with the muscles, the way he's drawn makes him look more like Bane than Batman and that's just not the body type that I think works for the character. Milage may vary of course but writing it off as if I'm not educated to appreciate how it "fits"? Yeah, that doesn't fly, it's a valid critique.

Haven't gotten the comics, but the movie is the best thing ever! Like my only complaint is Batman's costume in the film, and it's not even a bad take on the outfit, it just looks really stupid for the aesthetic and designs of the rest of the film - it just didn't seem to fit the movie it was in. Honestly if one's main complaint is the costume, you know it has to be a great project.

I found it funny.

Incredible Member

The events of the comic were never referenced in any other following book...so not canon,
    This isn't how canon works. Plenty of stuff is canon that they never reference again. They purposely tried to fit all three series into the continuity of the time, which you can see just by the costumes (New 52, then Rebirth, now the Year One/Cold Days suit). I gotta go back over the trilogy again and take notes but it's not like they went out of their way to make it an Elseworld, they explicitly show that the Batman and Turtles universes are separate dimensions.

I liked 1 and 2. I didn't care for 3. I didn't need a redoing the timeline and finding my family type story in the storyline of Batman / TMNT.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    This isn't how canon works. Plenty of stuff is canon that they never reference again. They purposely tried to fit all three series into the continuity of the time, which you can see just by the costumes (New 52, then Rebirth, now the Year One/Cold Days suit). I gotta go back over the trilogy again and take notes but it's not like they went out of their way to make it an Elseworld, they explicitly show that the Batman and Turtles universes are separate dimensions.
    Inter company crossovers aren't canon...because DC doesn't own the rights to the Turles, it's as simple as that. You're welcome to fit it in your own personal fan canon, I do with Batman VS Predator for instance, but officially? Never going to happen.

Inter company crossovers aren't canon...because DC doesn't own the rights to the Turles, it's as simple as that. You're welcome to fit it in your own personal fan canon, I do with Batman VS Predator for instance, but officially? Never going to happen.
    I wish I could read Batman VS Predator someday, but you can't buy a physical copy anymore. The asking price for the trade from 2017 is over $117! Bull ****!
    One day, one day...