Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Inter company crossovers aren't canon...because DC doesn't own the rights to the Turles, it's as simple as that. You're welcome to fit it in your own personal fan canon, I do with Batman VS Predator for instance, but officially? Never going to happen.
    When has such a policy ever been made explicit? As you say, the Batman vs. Predator comics fit seemlessly into the canon. BOTH Batman vs. Punisher crossovers were referenced elsewhere in Batman canon. Frank Miller's Spawn vs. Batman was canon to Spawn continuity. The Spider-Man/Batman crossover with Ra's al Ghul played into Spider-Man continuity of the time as well with Kingpin's wife. Hell, the Batman and Elmer Fudd comic is even canon to Tom King's run.

So clearly, crossovers aren't rendered invalid by mere virtue of them being crossovers.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wish I could read Batman VS Predator someday, but you can't buy a physical copy anymore. The asking price for the trade from 2017 is over $117! Bull ****!
    One day, one day...
    The original BvP is fantastic. Funny enough, you can probably pick up the individual issues (3 part prestige format) from eBay significantly cheaper than the collected edition(s).

I haven't read B/TMNT III yet, but really enjoyed all the rest (including Adventures) and the movie.
    Last edited by exile001; 04-12-2021 at 02:22 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    When has such a policy ever been made explicit? As you say, the Batman vs. Predator comics fit seemlessly into the canon. BOTH Batman vs. Punisher crossovers were referenced elsewhere in Batman canon. Frank Miller's Spawn vs. Batman was canon to Spawn continuity. The Spider-Man/Batman crossover with Ra's al Ghul played into Spider-Man continuity of the time as well with Kingpin's wife. Hell, the Batman and Elmer Fudd comic is even canon to Tom King's run.

So clearly, crossovers aren't rendered invalid by mere virtue of them being crossovers.
    If the properties crossing over aren't owned by the same company they are in fact out of continuity...specifically because they can't be referenced again unless you want to fork over money to that other company and they don't like doing that.

Incredible Member

But they can be referenced again. Knightsend mentions the Punisher villain Jigsaw by name. Explain that if the crossover wasn't canon. And once again, canonicity isn't determined solely by being referenced by something else.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    But they can be referenced again. Knightsend mentions the Punisher villain Jigsaw by name. Explain that if the crossover wasn't canon. And once again, canonicity isn't determined solely by being referenced by something else.
    It isn't referenced in the reprints since then...because it was a slip up that was caught and expunged so they wouldn't need to pay Marvel. I don't get why this is a point of contention...these types of crossovers have long been understood to be "imaginary" and for very obvious reasons.

Incredible Member

lmao, it obviously wasn't a slip-up, it was the same writers and editors referencing their own work because they viewed it as one story, and nothing has ever said otherwise. I'll have to look at the trades but I severely doubt they would have edited out something so minor.