Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Incredible Member

I've only seen the first episode so far but this was excellent. McGregor is great as always and Edgerton nailed his part, I hope we see more of him. I also like what they're doing with mini-Leia.

I also think Third Sister may have been abandoned by the Jedi before turning to the dark side, probably she was abandoned by Obi-wan himself? Though I don't recall anybody Obi-wan had a personal relationship witn in Clone Wars or the prequels that could have become this character, I think if they go that route it'll be through a retcon.
    Last edited by Zagre; 05-27-2022 at 03:51 AM.

I watched the first episode when I woke up at 3am (not planned) and I liked it. Mostly low-key set up for the first episode but some good stuff.

Kenobi being scarred (psyche) by losing the war and effectively telling the other Jedi to go screw was interesting. Couching his refusal to leave Tattooine as a need to watch over Luke, even with the complete rejection by Owen, shows how deep those scars must run.

I love seeing the Adventures of Little Leia!

As for the Third Sister, she's evil through and through but seemingly a bit stupid in that she consistently disobeys those who are clearly higher ranking than her. How that works inside of the Empire doesn't seem to bode well for her, now does it. And the way she carries herself reminds me of the insult Robin Williams uses towards the commanding officer at the end of Good Morning, Vietnam.

My question is, how does she know that spoilers:
    kidnapping Leia will bring Obi-Wan out of hiding?
    end of spoilers.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I watched the first episode when I woke up at 3am (not planned) and I liked it. Mostly low-key set up for the first episode but some good stuff.

Kenobi being scarred (psyche) by losing the war and effectively telling the other Jedi to go screw was interesting. Couching his refusal to leave Tattooine as a need to watch over Luke, even with the complete rejection by Owen, shows how deep those scars must run.

I love seeing the Adventures of Little Leia!

As for the Third Sister, she's evil through and through but seemingly a bit stupid in that she consistently disobeys those who are clearly higher ranking than her. How that works inside of the Empire doesn't seem to bode well for her, now does it. And the way she carries herself reminds me of the insult Robin Williams uses towards the commanding officer at the end of Good Morning, Vietnam.

end of spoilers.
    I thought the reasoning for the kidnapping was pretty obvious, we never saw it in the films or even the Clone Wars series but apparently Bail and Obi-Wan had a big adventure during the Clone Wars that we never saw that Third Sister found in her research and of course Leia her self referenced in A New Hope.

As for the rest I thought it was fantastic.

As an aside, when Obi-Wan gave some credits to the old Clone Trooper I was really expecting him to help Obi later on.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

end of spoilers.
    She tells you that in the second episode, thought it's a bit blink and you miss it. She found a connection between Bail and Obi-wan in the Imperial archives. Probably something Clone Wars related that made her think they might be closer than they let on.

On the scale of Disney+ disappointments this is somewhere below Moon Knight. This is something that I have playing in the background if I play it at all.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I thought the reasoning for the kidnapping was pretty obvious, we never saw it in the films or even the Clone Wars series but apparently Bail and Obi-Wan had a big adventure during the Clone Wars that we never saw that Third Sister found in her research and of course Leia her self referenced in A New Hope.

As for the rest I thought it was fantastic.

As an aside, when Obi-Wan gave some credits to the old Clone Trooper I was really expecting him to help Obi later on.
    I was so expecting that Clone Trooper to show up and assist but I'm glad that he didn't. I liked what happened much better.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I was so expecting that Clone Trooper to show up and assist but I'm glad that he didn't. I liked what happened much better.
    The fake Jedi helping out was a nice twist, I'm not going to lie but a line like "Get to the evac general!" as the Clone mowed down storm troopers would have been fun too.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Love the writing so far. Adding depth to Leia's relationship to Obi wan is awesome.
    We gotta remember, it was aNot very deep film written 40+ years ago. Now we're in an age where we can go back, and add depth to characters, without terribly retconning anything.
    I think, people who overthink, and get upset, about added depth, are too pure to ever reach.

It was brief but weird seeing an actual physical set of Clone armor in a SWs production given it's all been CG before.

Ok Episode One was pretty good. To me it had a bit of an old school feel to it. I like it. Wasnt trying to be too crazy or polished right off the bat.

I am bummed we Didnt see Anis old Master. The Space Bug that ran the shop.

Liea was the stand out. The actress that played her did a great job. I loved the burn she got on her cousin. I enjoy seeing Bail more as well.

I think this is going to be a real fun series
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It was brief but weird seeing an actual physical set of Clone armor in a SWs production given it's all been CG before.
    Looks like we're going to see that in Andor too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

-- Ewan McGregor is doing an amazing job
    -- Loved seeing young Leia and Jimmy Smits a lot more than I was expecting to. I normally hate precocious children in movies, and I did find her annoying in a few places, but her Force sensitivity was at least a feasible excuse. (and she's nowhere near as annoying as Omega)
    -- REEVA THEORY: She was the youngling in the Jedi temple at the beginning and she and her friends ended up on the run and in the gutter when the Empire found them. BUT she's not motivated by anger a Obi-Wan, she wants to bring Obi-Wan to Vader because she wants an audience with him so she can kill Vader/Anakin.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-28-2022 at 01:32 AM.

Enjoyed both episodes. Mcgreggor was solid as always; Edgerton nailed the angry Owen Lars we see in ANH. And little Leia stole every scene she was in.

I watched Episode 2 and liked it. Man, they really struck gold with the casting for Little Leia. She's been great fun to watch when she shows up.

I don't know what the hell is up with Reva. She seems almost preposterously stupid. I mean, we all know how Vader deals with those that fail him. And by letting Kenobi get away, she did fail him.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Overall, I like it. Some of the pacing was sloppy but the pros outweighed the cons

+ Young Leia was my mvp. She really killed it
    + Good base set up
    + I found the fake jedi creative and funny
    + Ewan did a stellar job.

- Reva is grinding my gears. I find her character really annoying. (But its beyond obvious she's going to take much of the spotlight) Normally when underlings get out of line, the Sith take no crap from them.

- What does Reva think she'll do if she actually finds Obi Wan? Obi Wan would absolutely destroy her. Is she really that daft?

- Just some parts that left me scratching my head. Why Obi-Wan was reluctant to help Leia but wanted to watch over Luke? Couldn't Bail Organa get the entire army, police, bounty hunters, etc to hunt for Leia? Why so secretive? The first 48 hrs are the most important when dealing with a kidnapping. How did Navi know where to find Obi-Wan?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-27-2022 at 08:52 PM.