Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Finished series 1 and I enjoyed it.

I didn't mind Reva as I knew she was going to turn good from the very first episode (She didn't have an evil Sith lord feel to it) I would have thought it would have been cooler if Qui Gon Jinn spoke to her after she sparred Luke's life though.

Darth Vader and his rage has been fantastic in this series, looking forward to season 2!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Having Reva not know it was Anakin would have made her seem more clever. As it is, a mynock with head trauma could have easily seen through the plan to join and then secretly betray the guy who killed all your friends.
    The weirdest thing is Vader indulging Reva's plot given that she knew he was Anakin.

I can believe that he'd play around with his prey for spite but I don't think he'd leave anyone alive long with that kind of info around. It kills the Vader mystique and he can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    The weirdest thing is Vader indulging Reva's plot given that she knew he was Anakin.

I can believe that he'd play around with his prey for spite but I don't think he'd leave anyone alive long with that kind of info around. It kills the Vader mystique and he can't have that.
    Same thing pretty much happened in Marvel's first Vader comic. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Thanoth

I think both Tarkin and Thrawn have their suspicions, at least in the novels. Vader is pretty casual about referring to Kenobi as his "old master" to Tarkin in ANH too, although of course at that point in the story we (and probably Lucas himself) didn't know Vader and Anakin were the same.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; Today at 10:30 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

After a couple of weeks to think on it, I still enjoy the series. However, I'm not sure they should have let OWK hand DV so complete a stompin' (well-executed and exciting to watch as it was). For the narrative of the whole franchise, it might have been better if it had been a barely-escaped-with-a-stalemate-from-a-far-more-powerful-than-last-time-Vader conclusion. Of course, I guess there's room for that to play out since an S2 seems inevitable.