Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

- Just some parts that left me scratching my head. Why Obi-Wan was reluctant to help Leia but wanted to watch over Luke? Couldn't Bail Organa get the entire army, police, bounty hunters, etc to hunt for Leia? Why so secretive?
    It wasn't about Luke at all, which Bail realized. Obi-wan is afraid. He's not the hero anymore. He's a broken, frightened and traumatized survivor. He was using Luke as an excuse so he wouldn't have to face that fear.

As for the secrecy over Leia, Bail answered this in the episode. The massive response would draw attention. Leia is nominally an Imperial Senator's daughter. The whole Empire could be brought to bear. But then people might look more closely at Bail's adopted family. Leia's secret is too big to risk. If anybody looks into things and puts two and two together? Daddy comes calling. It's effectively the end of the world.

I quite enjoyed it, moreso than Boba Fett.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

My big question is how Obi-Wan went this long without knowing Vader was alive. Obviously, Bail would have known. He didn't think this was pertinent information to share with Obi-Wan who is guarding Vader's son?

Also, Reva is such a lame villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Also, Reva is such a lame villain.
    What makes her lame? I don't think she'll end up being the main villain, though.

I think Reva has some anger issues. I didnt really see the whole point of the scenes where she is jumping on the roof tops.

I do what to see what her characters reason is. She has a lot of hate and there has to be a good reason for that. My only issue with her is they are making her a bit too abrasive, too off putting.

I would like to see her stay bad and not have them do the bad guy gets redeemed at the end.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The thing is Reva is so over the top with her Hate of Obi Wan. Like I mean over the top. That really makes me think they are going to go the redeemed villain Obi Wan was right all along type thing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- REEVA THEORY: She was the youngling in the Jedi temple at the beginning and she and her friends ended up on the run and in the gutter when the Empire found them. BUT she's not motivated by anger a Obi-Wan, she wants to bring Obi-Wan to Vader because she wants an audience with him so she can kill Vader/Anakin.
    Wouldnt she be too old for that. Those kids were pretty young and Reva looks mid 20s or so?

A few observations:

-First time we've seen a Falleen in live action. Unless you count the Xizor micro machine used as an arena seat filler in TPM.

-Leia's green jacket remind anybody of her Endor camo in ROTJ? Carrie's daughter Billie also had a similar look in ROS.

-Obi-Wan's theme, while good, does sound a little unoriginal, like almost a mash-up of Insomniac's Spider-Man PS4 theme and Rey's theme from the ST.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So I'm guessing the series will probably end with Obi-Wan upgrading to his house from ANH, recovering and storing Anakin's saber from the sand pit (I think he only took his one), and Owen allowing the completed Skyhopper toy to be given to Luke.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think Reva has some anger issues. I didnt really see the whole point of the scenes where she is jumping on the roof tops.

I do what to see what her characters reason is. She has a lot of hate and there has to be a good reason for that. My only issue with her is they are making her a bit too abrasive, too off putting.

I would like to see her stay bad and not have them do the bad guy gets redeemed at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing is Reva is so over the top with her Hate of Obi Wan. Like I mean over the top. That really makes me think they are going to go the redeemed villain Obi Wan was right all along type thing.
    Even at this early point, you can tell the chances of Reva staying evil is so astronomically low. I'd definitely put money down that she's going down those 'redemption path' stories or if anything have a moment of clarity like that hottie second sister from Jedi: Fallen Order.

The way she portrays her anger comes off as silly and childish. The Grand Inquisitor is at least intimidating with his discipline. Reva on the other hand is just annoying.

I wish I didn't watch Obi Wan after Star Trek Strange New Worlds Episode 4. That one had a terrifying villain chasing them. Their villain made the Inquisitors look like the Three Stooges.

Don't get me wrong, I like the first episodes so far, its just the one element I didn't like about the show is a big part of it.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-28-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

-- REEVA THEORY: She was the youngling in the Jedi temple at the beginning and she and her friends ended up on the run and in the gutter when the Empire found them. BUT she's not motivated by anger a Obi-Wan, she wants to bring Obi-Wan to Vader because she wants an audience with him so she can kill Vader/Anakin.
    Yeah, the second that the Inquisitors were mentioned to include some 'former Jedi,' I was convinced that one of them was going to be one of the children we saw escape the sacking of the Jedi temple in the very beginning. And since three of them are pale aliens, unlike the kids I remember seeing, Reeva seems like the obvious Checkov's gun here.

Leia's kid actress looks closer to 5 than 10, should have cast someone a bit older or even set the plot 2 to 3 years later because these scenes of grown men/aliens/whatever not being able to catch a little girl dont work at all, I mean the scenes aren't even cut to make it look like she's running particularly fast and the gaits the actors are using to make it look like they can barely keep up are cringe inducing
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-28-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Leia's kid actress looks closer to 5 than 10, should have cast someone a bit older or even set the plot 2 to 3 years later because these scenes of grown men/aliens/whatever not being able to catch a little girl dont work at all, I mean the scenes aren't even cut to make it look like she's running particularly fast and the gaits the actors are using to make it look like they can barely keep up are cringe inducing
    I was thinking the same exact about the actress playing Leila.

She looks about 5 or 6 and does not look like a 10 year old at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was thinking the same exact about the actress playing Leila.

She looks about 5 or 6 and does not look like a 10 year old at all.
    Well, she is. 9 anyway. Because that's how old the actress actually is.

Astonishing Member

What makes her lame? I don't think she'll end up being the main villain, though.
    I think the acting isn't great. Her whole character just comes off as obnoxious and ranting constantly. It feels like one of those characters they're trying too hard to sell as badass and it rings false to me. It doesn't help that all of the other Inquisitors look scary as hell and she's just some random human. She's just not intimidating at all. It feels like they're just trying too hard to create a character to spin-off.

It's not ruining the show for me or anything, but there's just kind of a feeling of "Shut up already" whenever she goes on another tirade.

Oh, and this might not happen, but I'm really dreading the possibility of another redemption arc. It feels like the Jedi have a pretty firm belief that turning to the Dark Side is a one-way road and the more times someone turns back from it, that belief and the "power of the Dark Side" seem a lot lamer. It also cheapens Anakin's story the more times other characters do it. His redemption and role as the Chosen One are much more meaningful when he's doing something unheard of by breaking free. Otherwise, it feels like, "Oh, what took you so long?"
    Last edited by Refrax5; 05-28-2022 at 04:46 PM.