Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 544

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

  1. #466
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,799

    Default

    Funny thing is Ford is probably getting some of the CG de-aging himself for Indy V. Not for the whole film probably but pictures on set show him with dots on his face during a possible World War II sequence, probably a flashback with Indy in his prime.

    My problem with the dark scenes is that they had them both on Tatooine *and* on the Obi-Wan/Vader fight planet, so for a minute it's a bit disorienting on where the scene is. AOTC was criticized for a similar problem, since Tatooine and Geonosis had dark scenes at the same time and looked fairly similar at first glance.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  2. #467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Whatever faults the series had, the finale stuck the landing.



    Yeah, thwhtGuardian's take on the force-ghost thing is probably a debate killer on the point.



    Re the reset: yeah. The only thing they didn't handle was the "...I was but the learner..." angle.

    Re the Lars: double yeah. If any characters got served half so well as Obi-Wan by this series, it was Owen and Beru. They were disposable plot motives for six films to me. Now, I'm a fan.

    Candidly, I loved seeing Darth Vader get a straight up ass-beat by Obi-Wan. Best of all, they didn't diminish DV a bit to do it. This was Obi-Wan at his apex, and what came 10 years later was the work of time. Makes me wonder what Obi-Wan would have been among the Jedi in a time without Darth Sidious.

    The ?: What's next for 3rd Sister?
    yeah i think the last scene between Owen and Obi-wan was actually one of the series better character moments. These two will never be friends in a conventional way anyway. Owen will always try to shield Luke from both the jedi and the sith. But the bit with Owen letting Ben finally meet Luke and Ben admitting Owen was right about allowing Luke to have the childhood Anakin didn't have, kinda showed they had an understanding and mutual respect that they both had a role to play.

  3. #468
    Mighty Member chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    Thought the final episode nailed it. The series had it issues, but it came together at the end. Ben / Obi saying Hello there sounded like Sir Alec Guiness. Plus, the ship we seek Luke playing with in ANH is given to him by Ben in this episode. I liked that! I am guessing he introduced himself as Ben to Luke? I would guess since Luke refers to him as "old Ben" in ANH. With Owen introducing Luke to Ben, wonder what changed in 10 years to make him hate Ben so much? Maybe he finds out that Ben let Anakin / Vader live twice when he could of killed him off?

  4. #469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Thought the final episode nailed it. The series had it issues, but it came together at the end. Ben / Obi saying Hello there sounded like Sir Alec Guiness. Plus, the ship we seek Luke playing with in ANH is given to him by Ben in this episode. I liked that! I am guessing he introduced himself as Ben to Luke? I would guess since Luke refers to him as "old Ben" in ANH. With Owen introducing Luke to Ben, wonder what changed in 10 years to make him hate Ben so much? Maybe he finds out that Ben let Anakin / Vader live twice when he could of killed him off?
    i don't think anything changed. Owen and Beru didn't hate Obi-wan, so much as they didn't want their nephew/adoptive son to have anything to do with the Jedi or the Sith. And they kinda weren't wrong. But privately respected Ben for looking after them. But yeah Obi-wan had two chances to put Anakin down once and for all! goddamnit plot armor continuity!

  5. #470
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    420

    Default

    I was disappointed overall. Another person escapes the Dark Side, which is supposed to be nearly impossible and further devalues Vaders redemption. Again, they ignore that Obi-Wan supposedly believed there was good in Anakin and that he could be saved. They had a perfect chance to show that, but nope. I guess this might just be an assumption on my part, but I always thought Vaders lungs and voice were damaged and he struggled to speak, so him yelling at Obi-Wan with the mask broken makes it seem like the voice modulator is there to sound cool, not because he actually needs it.

    I loved seeing Ewan and Hayden again and Qui-Gons ghost was very cool to see finally, but it felt sort of weak in places overall. It felt like they were more interested in setting up a Reva spin-off than they were in the Anakin/Obi-Wan dynamic.

    Also, we had Vader leaving Reva alive, which was immensely stupid and now Obi-Wan leaving Vader alive for the second time, which was hard to believe.

  6. #471
    Amazing Member Iatet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I loved Obi-Wan, even if it had some production issues. I loved the story told in its entirety.

    But, I do have one question...

    Why do so-called fans, think that because a character isn't in the original trilogy, they should be dead, or are killed off elsewhere? That seems kinda lizard brained.
    A good writer can write in and out characters without killing them to appease the fanbase.

    Star Wars fans love to murder folks, lol.

  7. #472
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    I loved Obi-Wan, even if it had some production issues. I loved the story told in its entirety.

    But, I do have one question...

    Why do so-called fans, think that because a character isn't in the original trilogy, they should be dead, or are killed off elsewhere? That seems kinda lizard brained.
    A good writer can write in and out characters without killing them to appease the fanbase.

    Star Wars fans love to murder folks, lol.
    I didn't think Reva necessarily had to die, but they wrote themselves into a corner with her being at Vaders mercy and him just walking off. It just made Vader seem less ruthless and kind of stupid. It's more the fact that she survived when there was no logical reason she would, just because the writers wanted to use her more. At least have a more reasonable reason than, 'Vader randomly decides not to kill her."

  8. #473
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    I just knew they were going to throw in a Darth reference. Disney and their quest to try and make all of Lucas's off the cuff scriptwriting fit into canon continues to be hilarious.

    Anyway I loved this episode and the way it brought both Anakin and Obi-Wan into the present. They definitely had unfinished business at the end of RotS and this series dealt with that in a way that made tons of sense. Also - seeing Obi-Wan really kick ass was epic. But in the end I wonder if he was convinced Anakin was really gone. Probably not.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  9. #474
    Amazing Member Iatet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I didn't think Reva necessarily had to die, but they wrote themselves into a corner with her being at Vaders mercy and him just walking off. It just made Vader seem less ruthless and kind of stupid. It's more the fact that she survived when there was no logical reason she would, just because the writers wanted to use her more. At least have a more reasonable reason than, 'Vader randomly decides not to kill her."
    But this is Star Wars. People have been surviving things they shouldn't have since the beginning of Star wars. It's not inconsistent. Maul got cut in half, and lived. She basically got poked in the belly. Also, Vader in the comics, let people live.

  10. #475
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    But this is Star Wars. People have been surviving things they shouldn't have since the beginning of Star wars. It's not inconsistent. Maul got cut in half, and lived. She basically got poked in the belly. Also, Vader in the comics, let people live.
    My point isn't that she shouldn't have survived her wound. It's that after she betrayed and tried to kill Vader and the Grand Inquisitor, they didn't kill her. They had literally no logical reason not to kill her then and there. It just makes them look stupid.

    And again, my biggest problem is that nobody ever seems to remember that Obi-Wan apparently believed there was good in Vader and tried to save him at some point. That's never been shown or addressed and they had the perfect opportunity here and they either forgot or just didn't bother.

  11. #476
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    To be honest I was in the middle, I didn't like it as much as some, but didn't have a fiery passionate hate for it like others either lol. I thought it was just ok, with a brilliant ending that still didn't quite justify the show.
    Rest in Peace mom we still love you and miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

  12. #477
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    My point isn't that she shouldn't have survived her wound. It's that after she betrayed and tried to kill Vader and the Grand Inquisitor, they didn't kill her. They had literally no logical reason not to kill her then and there. It just makes them look stupid.

    And again, my biggest problem is that nobody ever seems to remember that Obi-Wan apparently believed there was good in Vader and tried to save him at some point. That's never been shown or addressed and they had the perfect opportunity here and they either forgot or just didn't bother.
    I can see your point. They did provide a reason for it, the GI wanted to see Reva cast back into the gutter, but I'll admit that's a bit on the weak side.

    I rather hope Disney will resist the temptation to do another Obi-Wan season. The journey toward ANH is set. If they do another (rather more likely), I hope they'll keep Darth Vader out of it. I can't see how they don't degrade the whole rivalry if he and Obi-Wan keep going at it, and it begs the question why is DV willing to let it go if Obi-Wan is still out there and menacing the Sith's plans?

  13. #478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    My point isn't that she shouldn't have survived her wound. It's that after she betrayed and tried to kill Vader and the Grand Inquisitor, they didn't kill her. They had literally no logical reason not to kill her then and there. It just makes them look stupid.
    A few episodes earlier he tried to drag Kenobi through fire slowly to burn him alive in a slow, painful death. It makes perfect sense in the context of the show that he would leave someone that betrayed him there to essentially bleed out slowly and die.
    Last Read: Tales From the Dark Multiverse

    Monthly Pull List: Batgirls, Batman/Catwoman, Catwoman, The Flash, Iron Fist, Nightwing, Rogues, Superman: Son of Kal-El

  14. #479
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    A few episodes earlier he tried to drag Kenobi through fire slowly to burn him alive in a slow, painful death. It makes perfect sense in the context of the show that he would leave someone that betrayed him there to essentially bleed out slowly and die.
    Maybe Vader's like Khan -- he wished to keep hurting Obi-Wan...

  15. #480
    Mighty Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    First time ever posting in a Star Wars thread around here.

    Just wanted to say I loved the series. Especially episode 5 & 6. This series brought me and my 6 year old son and 9 year old daughter together finally in the Star Wars universe.

    Was it perfect? No but it was great.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •