Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Why do I feel like the 5th or last episode will be the revelation that Anakin is Vader behind the mask? Like how Ahsoka learned in Rebels.
    Not really sure what would be the point. Didn't Obi-Wan already know Anakin's Sith Name?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not really sure what would be the point. Didn't Obi-Wan already know Anakin's Sith Name?
    I was thinking the same thing but I'm not 100% sure. However I still feel like the last episode is when Vader's presence will be felt fully.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unclear. He never hears the name Darth Vader that we can see during RotS. He has probably heard it used since, but if he thinks Anakin died on Mustafar then Vader may just be Palpatine's replacement for him in Kenobi's mind.

I suspect we're getting a situation where Kenobi suspects who Vader is but hasn't allowed himself to accept it yet. Prefering to hope Anakin died on Mustafar. And when they meet it will be less about Anakin being alive than about Kenobi having to confront what he has long feared.

By this point in time, Vader should basically be Kenobi's own personal bogeyman. The thing that haunts his dreams and keeps his resolve shackled in fear and hesitation. Being forced to acknowledge the truth will nearly break him, but then free him to let go and move forward. The literal inflection point between Prequel Kenobi and OT Kenobi.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Unclear. He never hears the name Darth Vader that we can see during RotS. He has probably heard it used since, but if he thinks Anakin died on Mustafar then Vader may just be Palpatine's replacement for him in Kenobi's mind.

I suspect we're getting a situation where Kenobi suspects who Vader is but hasn't allowed himself to accept it yet. Prefering to hope Anakin died on Mustafar. And when they meet it will be less about Anakin being alive than about Kenobi having to confront what he has long feared.

By this point in time, Vader should basically be Kenobi's own personal bogeyman. The thing that haunts his dreams and keeps his resolve shackled in fear and hesitation. Being forced to acknowledge the truth will nearly break him, but then free him to let go and move forward. The literal inflection point between Prequel Kenobi and OT Kenobi.

Obi-wan and Yoda watch a holo recording of Palpatine saying "Rise Darth Vader." And I think Yoda refers to him as Darth Vader once after that.

Found the scene online: They see a holo recording of Palpatine calling him "Lord Vader" before he dispatches him to Mustafar, and Yoda says that the boy he trained is gone, "consumed by Darth Vader."
    Last edited by Robotech Master; 05-05-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Obi-wan and Yoda watch a holo recording of Palpatine saying "Rise Darth Vader." And I think Yoda refers to him as Darth Vader once after that.

Found the scene online: They see a holo recording of Palpatine calling him "Lord Vader" before he dispatches him to Mustafar, and Yoda says that the boy he trained is gone, "consumed by Darth Vader."
    Excellent. Just goes to show how unreliable memory can be, as I have no recollection of those moments at all. Thanks for the correction!

So yeah, Obi-wan should know Vader then.

Which means their confrontation should be much less about Vader still being alive and a lot more about he fear, anxiety and guilt Obi-wan feels about his existence. Hopefully we get some meaty stuff there.

In the old EU I think Obi-Wan found out Anakin/Vader had survived by literally watching TV(The "holonet") in a cantina after suited Vader makes a very public debut (Think it's from the Dark Lord novel).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

Maybe I need to re-watch Revenge of the Sith...was this a deleted scene? Do you have a link?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Trailer seems to confirm the 4-Lom rumor. Although it's possible it's another droid of the same design (Like IG-11 in Mandalorian was to IG-88).

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Maybe I need to re-watch Revenge of the Sith...was this a deleted scene? Do you have a link?
    Its not a deleted scene; I remembered seeing it in the film and where, just not the verbatim dialogue. Its the scene where Obi-Wan asks to go after Sidious because he fears he can't go through with killing Anakin, but Yoda says he is not strong enough to be the one to go after Sidious.

It's the scene I think right after where there's cuts between Obi-Wan and Yoda investigating the Temple/Palpatine declaring the Empire/Anakin killing the Seperatist leaders. Obi-Wan and Yoda are in the library reconfiguring the beacon to warn the Jedi instead of luring them in.

Updated trailer:

Nothing totally new, but it looks like they may have tweaked the Grand Inquisitor's head.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Loved the little bit of Satine's voice there.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Loved the little bit of Satine's voice there.
    Yeah, it was great to have that tied in.

Pretty sure that's a fan edit.

Mighty Member

First two episodes were very good. McGregor remains excellent in the role.

I think we all guessed where this was going to end when they revealed we were getting two episodes to start off. And we were all right. And I still can't wait for next week.

Hitting the ground running.