Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Niffleheim

Obi-Wan knew Anakin new name as Lord Vader but he thought he left him to burn and die. He didn't know Palpatine came to rescue his little frankenstein monster.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Also, Reva is such a lame villain.
    To be fair she was never really seen as a villain. Everyone called the redemption angle the second they saw her LOL. We know Kenobi and Vader will stalemate and the rest of the Inquisitors are lame and we are all just waiting around for Reva to switch sides.

All this adds up to a lack of tension.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    that whole Leia chase scenes in Alderaan and Daiyu were cringefest. It shouldn't have taken them that long to capture her. It could have been directed better if they wanted to showcase her speed and resourcefulness by just not showing the viewers her legs or her running lol!
    I didn't get the feeling they were trying to tell us that she was particularly fast or resourceful.

Has no one seriously ever tried to catch a kid with out hurting them or causing them to be hurt? That's what that scene was.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I didn't get the feeling they were trying to tell us that she was particularly fast or resourceful.
    I'd rather think that it was directed badly than thinking that those goons were so incompetent that they couldn't catch a child whose 4 strides equals one of theirs. If I start thinking about that then the fault is with the writing because the pattern is the same with Reva too - where every Inquisitor was incompetent except for her.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Has no one seriously ever tried to catch a kid with out hurting them or causing them to be hurt? That's what that scene was.
    I was under the assumption she was unknowingly using the Force to out maneuver them and make them into bumbling idiots. I mean it clearly shows that Leia is adept at reading people because of her Force sensitivity.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I'd rather think that it was directed badly than thinking that those goons were so incompetent that they couldn't catch a child whose 4 strides equals one of theirs. If I start thinking about that then the fault is with the writing because the pattern is the same with Reva too - where every Inquisitor was incompetent except for her.
    Again, it's pretty hard to catch a kid who doesn't actually want to be caught if you don't want to hurt them or cause them to hurt themselves.

I don't think that can be stressed enough.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So after finally gotten to see it, I have to say it's better than the sequels and prequels though that's a low bar to clear, I know. Leia outrunning every adult around her was kind of ridiculous. It had it's flaws, as most things Star Wars does but I would say no more so than the first movie. The second episode was better as it had a darker, more Rogue One feel to it. You really got to see the class system in Star Wars and what a problem crime is there. Between that and the panhandling clone trooper, it really does give you the impression that you wouldn't want to live in the Star Wars universe. I never thought I'd get to see a drug dealer in a Disney show. Or references to human trafficking. They really are letting them go dark when they need to. Though I'm surprised there's any scenery left after that Rena chewed it all.
    Assassinate Putin!

Niffleheim

Again, it's pretty hard to catch a kid who doesn't actually want to be caught if you don't want to hurt them or cause them to hurt themselves.

I don't think that can be stressed enough.
    Let us agree to disagree then

McGregor is good, Reva is a bad villain and Leia is annoying.
    At least we know how Leia knows Obi-Wan, and why he is their only hope.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Revas character would've been received better if she wasn't angry the entire time she's on screen. They're obviously going for a redemption later on so it'll be interesting to see how the fandom reacts to that. I gotta say though I was not expecting near Skyler White levels of hate for this character but yet here we are.

Although to be fair SW fans have always been pretty vocal about things they don't like so I should've expected it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Loved the first two episodes, off to a great start. Don't like Reva for most of the reasons people have already mentioned. I like that young Leia's playing a part in this, but it kind of retroactively makes the "Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire." message she'll send much later in life a somewhat frigid way of addressing him. And yeah, her chase scenes were brutal.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-29-2022 at 07:28 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Loved the first two episodes, off to a great start. Don't like Reva for most of the reasons people have already mentioned. I like that young Leia's playing a part in this, but it kind of retroactively makes the "Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire." message she'll send much later in life a somewhat frigid way of addressing him. And yeah, her chase scenes were brutal.
    Think about it this way. The message is actually two parts. The first is the formal summons, from her father the Senator to General Kenobi. Formality. The second, more impactful, is the personal appeal. "Help me Obi-wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Think about it this way. The message is actually two parts. The first is the formal summons, from her father the Senator to General Kenobi. Formality. The second, more impactful, is the personal appeal. "Help me Obi-wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."
    If she'd said or will say that (first, chronologically) in this series, it would help resolve that minor quibble for me by making it a retro-callback.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member

While I can see them giving Reva a redemption, I’m actually thinking her job might be merely to be the “bloodhound” Starter Villain of the Inquisitors acting as a catalyst and lower ranking villain before Vader himself gets involved… and I think there might be a bit too much faith in LFL being egalitarian with its moody villains. Don’t get me wrong - a part of me hopes they don’t treat a black female villain more ruthlessly than one played by Adam Driver… but I’m not holding my breath for it.

She’s probably a dead woman walking either way.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

How does Reva last a week in a military that is as big on punishing insubordination as the Empire?