Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder if they could do Baker for live-action Clones and just not have them take their helmet off. Especially with how associated his voice is for them.

That would also include James Earl Jones for Vader, I guess.
    Unless Anakin only appears in flashbacks or some kind of vision it's entirely possible James Earl Jones or Matt Sloane is involved.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

It would be kind of interesting to have a practical Clone trooper. Apart from Logan/Taylor/Morrison out of armor in AOTC and faces in ROTS, they've been entirely CG.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://www.cbr.com/obi-wan-kenobi-d...ow-new-outfit/

I'm guessing "slightly different" means the outfit will probably be the Alec Guinness one.

My brother switched between Episode II and Episode III, and I commented; reasons to fear fighting Obi Wan Kenobi:
    • Guy defeated a general with 4 lightsabers specialty
    • Defeated two Sith lords
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Definitely a beast. Though he always had trouble with Dooku till the end, lol. My headcanon chalks that up to him being familiar with his styles via the teaching tree. Obi-Wan was taught by Qui-Gon, Qui-Gon was taught by Dooku. Same would naturally apply to Anakin just for the fact that by ROTS the pure power discrepancy was too large. As for Obi-Wan versus Anakin well, high ground of course.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-14-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah, in both cases he was brought low by Dooku leaving Anakin by himself.

Although it's possible the second time was a command from Palpatine-notice that in ROTS he only takes out Kenobi after Palpatine's worth "get!" exclamation. It seems to be that in ROTS he was kind of eager to get Anakin and Obi-Wan separated so that he could have Anakin to "himself."

Boisterously Confused

TLJ and RoS both pretty firmly established that a form of astral projection is within both Jedi and Sith (or at least, Ren) capabilities. So I could see Darth Vader having conversations (or even confrontations) with Obi-Won in Anakin's form. Still, I hope not as that would contradict ANH, where both Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader were surprised that Obi-Won was still alive.

I think Vader pretty much assumes Obi-Wan is probably alive the whole time, Tarkin seems to think he must be dead "by now" meaning that he probably assumes he died of old age or some other Stormtroopers got to him eventually.

I think in the inter-trilogy period Vader remains partially obsessed with Kenobi, although it's something he mostly gets "over with" after ANH as he gradually focuses on Luke (There's one scene in one of the recent comics where a hallucination/vision of Obi-Wan is shown to him by some dark side monster, but Vader's pretty much like "Yeah, been through this, try something else")

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    TLJ and RoS both pretty firmly established that a form of astral projection is within both Jedi and Sith (or at least, Ren) capabilities. So I could see Darth Vader having conversations (or even confrontations) with Obi-Won in Anakin's form. Still, I hope not as that would contradict ANH, where both Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader were surprised that Obi-Won was still alive.
    Vader wasn't surprised Obi-Wan was still alive, he seemed to already suspect that. He was surprised that he had come out of hiding. It seemed like, even before the Anakin as Vader retcon, Obi-Wan reappearing on the galactic stage made Vader realize something BIG and IMPORTANT was afoot. That this wasn't just a normal Rebel plot. I honestly think it's why Vader personally leads the fighter counterattack at the film's climax. He has sensed that this is bigger than just something your average Imperial troops can deal with but doesn't really twig to just how big the threat is until he senses the Force with Luke.

Tarkin was legitimately surprised that Obi-wan was still alive. But Tarkin was an arrogant, shortsighted fool. He'd written the Jedi off, and it was simply inconceivable that one of the most prominent could have survived two decades in the Empire.

Kind of funny that pretty much everyone wrote Yoda off. Even by ROTJ's fight Vader just assumes Obi-Wan was Luke's only Master. (There's a part in the ROTJ novel where Palpatine senses Luke's training by Yoda but that's it-this is before Yoda was revealed to be pretty much head of the Order in the prequels, anyway).

Anybody kind of feel that Andor isn't really getting a lot of push from Disney? Granted, there were Covid delays and so on but it seems like the series is mostly forgotten, despite "Rogue One" being one of the stronger Disney SW movies IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anybody kind of feel that Andor isn't really getting a lot of push from Disney? Granted, there were Covid delays and so on but it seems like the series is mostly forgotten, despite "Rogue One" being one of the stronger Disney SW movies IMO.
    I honestly forget all about that show until someone mentions it.

I figure Vader always knew Kenobi was alive; he'd have felt that death, I think. But Vader likely assumed Kenobi would stay hidden, and after twenty years it was one of those things Vader just kind of accepted; a loose end that time would eventually tie up for him. Then the old man shows up, and certainly that shocked Vader and, I agree, tipped him off that something big was beginning.

As for Yoda...I don't know why neither Palpatine nor Vader seemed more concerned, or even questioned whether he still lived. I can only assume they had convinced themselves that Yoda was dead.

I think one question we should ask ourselves is how powerful Force ghosts are going to end up being. At first they were just there for exposition dumps, but now they're manipulating the physical world with the Force. When Rey, or whoever, rebuilds the Jedi Order, are we gonna see Force ghosts teaching classes? Giving lectures on now-lost Jedi philosophy? Seems like a bad idea to me but I gotta admit, part of me is down for "ghost professor Luke Skywalker and his defense against the dark side" classes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Before the prequels I think it was mostly assumed by the fans that Vader or Palpatine didn't know Yoda directly, although Yoda seems to at least have some knowledge of Anakin.

There's even one passage in the ROTJ novel that seems to imply Palpatine doesn't seem to know Yoda.

“So tell me, young Skywalker—who continued your training?”
    That smile, again, like a knife. Luke held silent, struggling to regain his composure.
    The Emperor tapped his fingers on the arm of the throne, recalling. “There was one called … Yoda. An aged Master Jedi … Ah, I see by your countenance I have hit a chord, a resonant chord indeed. Yoda, then.”
    "This Yoda," the Emperor mused. "Lives he still?"

Luke focused on the emptiness of space beyond window behind the Emperor's chair. The deep void, where nothing was. Nothing. He filled his mind with this black nothing. Opaque, save for the occasional flickering of starlight that filtered through the ether.

"Ah," cried Emperor Palpatine. "He lives not. Very good, young Skywalker, you almost hid this from me. But you could not. And you cannot. Your deepest flickerings are to me apparent. Your nakedest soul. That is my first lesson to you."