Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

“Hey Obi Wan, Bail here. Just in case you’re dead and the empire has this transmitter, just want to let you know I’ll head to Tatooine for that kid you’ve been guarding from the empire.”

Reva's Plot Armor is strong. 'Killed' twice now

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Some good stuff here, though I am kind of disappointed that the Reva twist reverted back to the earliest speculation that she was a youngling trying to Kill Vader after earning his trust, I thought it was going to be something more complicated given the Leia interrogation thing and her wanting to find the path. She's basically just looking to get back at Vader but has fully embraced the dark side to do it, given her willingness to kill citizens and torture a 10 year old.

Man a lightsaber through the gut doesn't do **** to people in this series beyond put them on the ground for a while.

I was pretty sure the Grand Inquisitor was still alive, and that Vader anticipated Reva's betrayal. However I wish the writing had made the setup for Reva's survival less stupid. Wanting her to die like gutter trash isn't all that great a reason for both the GI AND Vader to leave her unattended with a wound that they know from practical experience to be survivable.

And why go after Luke now that her hand is played? Does she think getting Luke will allow her to lure Vader into a situation where the result would be any different? Maybe her dark side tendencies really cloud her judgment or something.
    I was thinking that about the Luke thing too.

What does she want to do with him? And what is she going to do exactly at Tatooine?

She needs a Bacta bath first before any other line of action.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Best thing about this show so far has been Vader and his antics. Luv the arms down dodging lol. But yeah this redemption arc is a hard sell just not buying it.
    Yeah, Reva has really gone to the dark side already.

She’s maimed and killed innocent people.

A straight redemption arc won’t work for her.

I wouldn't mind if she went back to Tattooine and was killed by that woman she maimed.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Rupet Friend joked on a talk show that the Inquisitor has two guts a while ago. Reva only impaled one of them.
    LOL, I can kind of see how the sabers heat would cauterize the wound immediately so that the normally pressing concern of bleeding out is lessened, but you gotta imagine you've got like a liver or a kidney or the actual internal stomach with a hole in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, Reva has really gone to the dark side already.

She’s maimed and killed innocent people.

A straight redemption arc won’t work for her.
    I'm so tired of every other evil character breaking free from the Dark Side. That's supposed to be nearly impossible and it cheapens Vaders death so much. It's like everybody else can not only break free of the Dark Side, but they can do it with less effort and less blood on their hands than Vader. The sequels already undid most of what he died for, and now we have this cheap retread of Asajj Ventress cheapening Anakin's redemption even more.

Extraordinary Member

I really thought that Vader was going to give Reva the "Only I can save you/Serve me or die" bit.

As internally traitorous as the Sith are usually are, Vader never seems to have apprentices outside of non canon print media (as far as I know).

It was the only reason I see for them leaving her alive.

However, the backlash from making Reva Vader's first "Canon" apprentice I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. She's had to put up with enough already.

It's getting pretty ridiculous how every time we see Vader he gets even more powerful, regardless of place in the timeline. In Star Wars he's slow-motion fighting an old man with a strip light, then in the next one he can fling filing cabinets around using power o' t' mind a bit. Now he can stop steering-wheel light sabres using jazz hands, pull spaceships out of the sky (though not see the identical spaceship parked behind it), and easily disco-dance around slices. I fully expect that by 2025 we will see him destroying an entire solar system with a pelvic thrust.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 06-16-2022 at 01:41 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It's getting pretty ridiculous how every time we see Vader he gets even more powerful, regardless of place in the timeline. In Star Wars he's slow-motion fighting an old man with a strip light, then in the next one he can fling filing cabinets around using power o' t' mind a bit. Now he can stop steering-wheel light sabres using jazz hands, pull spaceships out of the sky (though not see the identical spaceship parked behind it), and easily disco-dance around slices. I fully expect that by 2025 we will see him destroying an entire solar system with a pelvic thrust.
    Ha!

Well canonically this is Vader in his prime--technically not as powerful as Anakin was at his ROTS peak, but more advanced in techniques he didn't need to rely on as much at the time because he had more freedom of movement.

So the ship thing makes sense, but what doesn't track quite as well is Vader completely missing that it was a decoy. I'd think he could sense the people (and lack of people) aboard.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Ha!

Well canonically this is Vader in his prime--technically not as powerful as Anakin was at his ROTS peak, but more advanced in techniques he didn't need to rely on as much at the time because he had more freedom of movement.

So the ship thing makes sense, but what doesn't track quite as well is Vader completely missing that it was a decoy. I'd think he could sense the people (and lack of people) aboard.
    Ehh, the ship was parked behind it and the entire episode was retreading the fact that Obi-Wan knew Anakin is aggressive and blind to things at times due to his aggressive nature. I absolutely buy that, rounding the corner and seeing the ship leaving, Vader would act first and think later.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 06-16-2022 at 05:22 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm so tired of every other evil character breaking free from the Dark Side. That's supposed to be nearly impossible and it cheapens Vaders death so much. It's like everybody else can not only break free of the Dark Side, but they can do it with less effort and less blood on their hands than Vader. The sequels already undid most of what he died for, and now we have this cheap retread of Asajj Ventress cheapening Anakin's redemption even more.
    It’s less the Darkside and more being a Sith, I think, that is supposed to be hard to come back from (sometimes used interchangeably).

In canon and out, being a Darksider is easier to bounce back from than being a full Sith it seems, and the Inquisitors are just dark siders.

Quinlan, Assajj, half of Luke’s trainees back in the New Republic Legends stuff, Starkiller, Mara Jade, etc…….all fell or were darksiders and came back.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It’s less the Darkside and more being a Sith, I think, that is supposed to be hard to come back from (sometimes used interchangeably).

In canon and out, being a Darksider is easier to bounce back from than being a full Sith it seems, and the Inquisitors are just dark siders.

Quinlan, Assajj, half of Luke’s trainees back in the New Republic Legends stuff, Starkiller, Mara Jade, etc…….all fell or were darksiders and came back.
    Yeah, I guess but even the old Legends stuff beat that idea into the ground. The movies generally made it sound like it was the Dark Side itself that would utterly consume you, rather than anything about the Sith, but I guess that's an OK retcon. I just feel like it kind of guts the heart of the original 6 movies even further.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I can believe that since they were close, he sensed their presence, but the Force isn't able to locate with pinpoint accuracy. (and yeah, his emotions could have clouded his abilities)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

part V

Great episode only 1 problem

How do you get a lightsaber run through your torso and not be dead almost instantly?
    This is somewhat different than cut in half. Accepting that Darth Maul is still alive is also a huge stretch.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Stopped watching after episode 3. Vader and Obi-Wan fighting feels like they're ignoring the OT canon because they couldn't justify this show's existence so the solution to generate hype is "do better than the originals" Debating if I should continue.

Almost killing off the Grant Inqusitor further cements the feeling that it's "story we wanna tell" over canon.