Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Before the prequels I think it was mostly assumed by the fans that Vader or Palpatine didn't know Yoda directly, although Yoda seems to at least have some knowledge of Anakin.

There's even one passage in the ROTJ novel that seems to imply Palpatine doesn't seem to know Yoda.

“So tell me, young Skywalker—who continued your training?”
    That smile, again, like a knife. Luke held silent, struggling to regain his composure.
    The Emperor tapped his fingers on the arm of the throne, recalling. “There was one called … Yoda. An aged Master Jedi … Ah, I see by your countenance I have hit a chord, a resonant chord indeed. Yoda, then.”
    "This Yoda," the Emperor mused. "Lives he still?"

Luke focused on the emptiness of space beyond window behind the Emperor's chair. The deep void, where nothing was. Nothing. He filled his mind with this black nothing. Opaque, save for the occasional flickering of starlight that filtered through the ether.

"Ah," cried Emperor Palpatine. "He lives not. Very good, young Skywalker, you almost hid this from me. But you could not. And you cannot. Your deepest flickerings are to me apparent. Your nakedest soul. That is my first lesson to you."
    I'm not seeing how that implies he doesn't know Yoda. He's toying with Luke, playing at uncertainty so that Luke won't be sure exactly how much he does or doesn't know. Hell, if anything, the very deliberate phrasing "Lives he still?" could easily be read as Palpatine mocking Yoda's standard speech pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Definitely a beast. Though he always had trouble with Dooku till the end, lol. My headcanon chalks that up to him being familiar with his styles via the teaching tree. Obi-Wan was taught by Qui-Gon, Qui-Gon was taught by Dooku. Same would naturally apply to Anakin just for the fact that by ROTS the pure power discrepancy was too large. As for Obi-Wan versus Anakin well, high ground of course.
    Dooku also was one of the few who studied lightsaber v lightsaber dueling. That gives him a major edge vs Jedi whose styles focus on defending against blaster bolts. Outside of those who we have seen give him trouble in the films, I think the only other one who might give the guy any trouble would be Plo Koon.
    Dark does not mean deep.

He kind of got lucky with Maul and Anakin. If Maul had noticed and kicked Qui-Gon's saber as well Obi-Wan would be in serious trouble.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

New Sizzle reel is up. Features concept art of Obi-Wan fighting suited Vader on Mustafar, which I think either means force vision or something involving Vader's fortress, which we also seem to see a bit of.

Here's hoping it's just a force vision or dream. If it's an actual fight Disney can kiss my ass.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Here's hoping it's just a force vision or dream. If it's an actual fight Disney can kiss my ass.
    It seems like they're on Mustafar again (or at Vader's castle) so I feel like there's going to be some conceit that lets it happen.

This is going to be so wizard.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I don't understand why they chose such a weak writer for this show. That guy has done nothing worthwhile.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is not a Fioni and Favreau project so my expectations are low.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is not a Fioni and Favreau project so my expectations are low.
    It's not? Well crap.

Good that they're not spreading themselves thin, I guess, but I'd feel far more confident with them behind the scenes.

Still, I'll give it a shot. Even if the guy writing it hasn't done anything worthwhile before (I have no idea, just going by what that other poster said) you gotta have your first big win somewhere right?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Looks like his hair's back to AOTC length.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Nice interim Obi-Wan design.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    He kind of got lucky with Maul and Anakin. If Maul had noticed and kicked Qui-Gon's saber as well Obi-Wan would be in serious trouble.
    Maul was an idiot and deserved to be cut in half. Let me stand here making sparks!

I’m looking forward to this as Obi- Wan is my favorite character (though Mando is making a serious run at him).
    Last edited by Jekyll; 02-11-2022 at 03:39 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!