Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think there's really much of a role for her in that because it would be just her hunting Inquisitors, and honestly I think she'd want to get as far away from that as possible. I don't think she has it in her to keep fighting, she just wants peace.
    To continue with her redemption I'd welcome instead of her killing Inquisitors she de-program them back to the light.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't need to see Reva again outside being in seclusion and at peace. I don't think there's anything more to do with her.
    I wouldn't mind her showing up in the Mandolorian, I think Moses Ingram could be made to look suitably older for the role in that period, especially as her character here was actually likely younger than she is in real life.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given the rumors about both Cameron Monaghan doing Cal Kestis in live action and Millie Brown being courted for a Star Wars project, I kind of wonder if they're planning spin offs from Kenobi for Reva and Leia.

Cal seems like the perfect character to meet Reva both pre and post the upcoming Survivor game in order to further her story - he has a history against the Inquisitors but he also redeemed both a Nightsister in Merrin and would have managed the same with the Second Sister if not for Vader. So Cal being a supporting character in a series for her sounds ideal. The main thing with a Reva series is ensuring it doesn't hit the same beats as the upcoming Acolyte series.

Meanwhile Millie has been a long standing suggestion to play a young Leia for years now, and a series with a teenaged/young Adult Leia following on from Obi-Wan and including Bail and Berha would be honestly awesome to me if it had some quality writers.

I don't think there's really much of a role for her in that because it would be just her hunting Inquisitors, and honestly I think she'd want to get as far away from that as possible. I don't think she has it in her to keep fighting, she just wants peace.
    Maybe? As others have said, she could potentially go in any number of directions. Maybe we'll see her next as a pacifist monk studying under the Bendu. Maybe she joins what's left of the Witches of Dathomir. Maybe she decides to find Force sensitive children before the Empire can. Maybe she cuts herself off from the Force and takes up a career as a cab driver. Maybe the actress refuses to return because racist fans won't leave her alone.

But if she did go the route of the dark side hunter, she does have choices. There's a number of Inquisitors out there, and presumably most/all of them have to die before Luke comes along, otherwise he'd have run into at least some of them right? The Witches of Dathomir are still out there. There's still tons of Sith temples to burn to the ground. And Reva spent a decade waiting for her chance to cut down Vader, she's a planner and methodical and patient, at least with the big picture stuff, so I feel like she doesn't require endless hordes of dark siders to find, a small handful would be enough.

It's not a role I really *want* to see from Reva. Like you, I'd be fine if the character never appeared again. But if she *did* show up? I'd be fine with some "dark sider vs. dark sider" action. When we get that, it's always an apprentice betraying their master in their quest for power, rarely is it ever a "fight fire with fire" kind of thing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    To continue with her redemption I'd welcome instead of her killing Inquisitors she de-program them back to the light.
    Aren't pretty much 95% of the established Inquisitors either dead or accounted for at this point? I'm also not sure if that would work considering she either A. didn't seem to get along with them and B. it seemed like her fellow Inquisitors hated her guts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given the rumors about both Cameron Monaghan doing Cal Kestis in live action and Millie Brown being courted for a Star Wars project, I kind of wonder if they're planning spin offs from Kenobi for Reva and Leia.

Cal seems like the perfect character to meet Reva both pre and post the upcoming Survivor game in order to further her story - he has a history against the Inquisitors but he also redeemed both a Nightsister in Merrin and would have managed the same with the Second Sister if not for Vader. So Cal being a supporting character in a series for her sounds ideal. The main thing with a Reva series is ensuring it doesn't hit the same beats as the upcoming Acolyte series.

Meanwhile Millie has been a long standing suggestion to play a young Leia for years now, and a series with a teenaged/young Adult Leia following on from Obi-Wan and including Bail and Berha would be honestly awesome to me if it had some quality writers.
    I'd be down for Leia content that's adapting her Claudia Grey novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Maybe? As others have said, she could potentially go in any number of directions. Maybe we'll see her next as a pacifist monk studying under the Bendu. Maybe she joins what's left of the Witches of Dathomir. Maybe she decides to find Force sensitive children before the Empire can. Maybe she cuts herself off from the Force and takes up a career as a cab driver. Maybe the actress refuses to return because racist fans won't leave her alone.

But if she did go the route of the dark side hunter, she does have choices. There's a number of Inquisitors out there, and presumably most/all of them have to die before Luke comes along, otherwise he'd have run into at least some of them right? The Witches of Dathomir are still out there. There's still tons of Sith temples to burn to the ground. And Reva spent a decade waiting for her chance to cut down Vader, she's a planner and methodical and patient, at least with the big picture stuff, so I feel like she doesn't require endless hordes of dark siders to find, a small handful would be enough.

It's not a role I really *want* to see from Reva. Like you, I'd be fine if the character never appeared again. But if she *did* show up? I'd be fine with some "dark sider vs. dark sider" action. When we get that, it's always an apprentice betraying their master in their quest for power, rarely is it ever a "fight fire with fire" kind of thing.
    I get that there's a lot you could potentially do with her but I'm just not feeling the kind of enthusiasm that really necessitates it other than she exists now. Especially when it seems like just retiring is a better option for her character at the point she's at, she doesn't even have a Lightsaber anymore.

Niffleheim

Aren't pretty much 95% of the established Inquisitors either dead or accounted for at this point? I'm also not sure if that would work considering she either A. didn't seem to get along with them and B. it seemed like her fellow Inquisitors hated her guts.
    established Inquisitors aren't that many so there is enough room to create more stories around them and they can disappear afterwards without creating any canon problems
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

What's the next SW show?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What's the next SW show?
    Andor, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What's the next SW show?
    "Star Wars: The First Episode Is Great And With Every Subsequent Episode You Will Wonder Why You Ever Cared"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

You know in Andor it's certainly possible Naja and Roken could show up again. Maybe even Enfys Nest as well (Wouldn't be Erin Kellyman's first Disney+ series...)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yeah, I think Andor is next. Can't say I really care about that one. Never felt that movie needed a sequel or spin-off. Not every story does.

When the hell is Ashoka coming out? I feel like a year ago I barely knew who she was and now she's the character I most want to see in the entire franchise.

Just to keep it on topic, what does everyone think about that final Kenobi-Vader fight? Was it exactly what you wanted from two powerful, fully trained Force users? Or was it too much, and continues a disheartening trend of making Jedi so powerful they're essentially superheroes in monk robes?

For me I think it's kind of both.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, I think Andor is next. Can't say I really care about that one. Never felt that movie needed a sequel or spin-off. Not every story does.

When the hell is Ashoka coming out? I feel like a year ago I barely knew who she was and now she's the character I most want to see in the entire franchise.

Just to keep it on topic, what does everyone think about that final Kenobi-Vader fight? Was it exactly what you wanted from two powerful, fully trained Force users? Or was it too much, and continues a disheartening trend of making Jedi so powerful they're essentially superheroes in monk robes?

For me I think it's kind of both.
    I thought it lived up to the hype. It felt in-line with how Jedi have been depicted recently.

It's the story about the birth of the rebellion though, isn't it? That's certainly a story worth telling in the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's the story about the birth of the rebellion though, isn't it? That's certainly a story worth telling in the mythos.
    Isn't that what Rebels was about? That started with the isolated, individual resistance cells, saw them begin to coordinate, then unite, and eventually become an organized force capable of taking on the Empire.

I'm not against seeing (more of) the birth of the Rebellion, I just don't think it needs to be connected to Rogue One. I'd be fine with Andor and other characters from that film showing up in a "birth of Rebellion" story, I just didn't need any of them to be the main characters.

If we're gonna do a birth of the Rebellion thing, I'd rather get something that focuses on Mon Mothma, Saw, or someone different. Again, I have nothing against Rogue One and it's among my favorite SW films, I just didn't need a prequel series for it, I think it stands perfectly on its own, and there's a lot of other characters in early Rebellion history who have yet to showcase as a main character. Granted, "Andor, Rebellion spy" is probably easier to pitch than "Mon Mothma, politician." But still.

I thought it lived up to the hype. It felt in-line with how Jedi have been depicted recently.
    I really enjoyed it, and I don't think any of it went too far over the line as far as power levels go; everything Kenobi and Vader did, they've done before....just perhaps not all at the same time or with quite as much raw power as they did here. Which I'm willing to roll with, no questions asked, because it was cool as hell (and this is supposed to be Vader in his prime and Kenobi at his most desperate). But it's hard to argue against the idea that there's been a noticeable power creep in the franchise, and I know some fans really don't care for it and feel that Force users shouldn't be *that* powerful.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-25-2022 at 04:16 PM.

~ Black Panther.

If we're gonna do a birth of the Rebellion thing, I'd rather get something that focuses on Mon Mothma, Saw, or someone different. Again, I have nothing against Rogue One and it's among my favorite SW films, I just didn't need a prequel series for it, I think it stands perfectly on its own, and there's a lot of other characters in early Rebellion history who have yet to showcase as a main character. Granted, "Andor, Rebellion spy" is probably easier to pitch than "Mon Mothma, politician." But still.
    The actress that portrayed Mon Mothma in the prequels (deleted scenes?) was shown in the trailer. So she will have at least some role in the series. I think the showrunner even said in an interview she will be a major part of the story.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"