Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That would be very dull, but I can see it happening.

I'm personally hoping one of the Inquisitors finds out who Luke and/or Leia REALLY is. Preferably in a situation where Obi-wan can't just kill them, like he did Maul. I really want to see Obi-wan have to grapple with the possibility of compromising his morality to keep the twins safe. Perhaps manipulate events so that said Inquisitor dies by somebody else's hand before spilling the beans. That kind of dilemma would be really fascinating and a good test of Obi-wan's heroic mettle.
    I think that kind of conflict would only work in a way Where Obi-Wan doesn't end up compromising himself and his principles, at least to where he can still be the Jedi he is when Maul finds him.

I mean, Reva's definitely biting it one way or another.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that kind of conflict would only work in a way Where Obi-Wan doesn't end up compromising himself and his principles, at least to where he can still be the Jedi he is when Maul finds him.

I mean, Reva's definitely biting it one way or another.
    Oh, I absolutely agree that he would have to come down on the side of his principles. But imagine pinning those principles against the one hope the galaxy has left? The agony of choosing to do the right thing in the face of that? But also the catharsis of being rewarded for that faith when it proves to be the correct decision and the Force sees to the problem in a way that doesn't compromise him.

Also, it would even more explicitly shade Obi-wan as being Anakin's opposite. To do the thing that Anakin couldn't, even in the face of potential disaster. And as Anakin's choice damns him, Obi-wan's would allow him to once again find the center of his faith and move forward towards Ep 4.

I sincerely doubt it's the way the show will go, mind you. I'm expecting something a lot more straightforward. And there isn't anything wrong with that, if it gets more Ewan McGregor on my screen in this role. Just something I've mused on for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Oh, I absolutely agree that he would have to come down on the side of his principles. But imagine pinning those principles against the one hope the galaxy has left? The agony of choosing to do the right thing in the face of that? But also the catharsis of being rewarded for that faith when it proves to be the correct decision and the Force sees to the problem in a way that doesn't compromise him.

Also, it would even more explicitly shade Obi-wan as being Anakin's opposite. To do the thing that Anakin couldn't, even in the face of potential disaster. And as Anakin's choice damns him, Obi-wan's would allow him to once again find the center of his faith and move forward towards Ep 4.

I sincerely doubt it's the way the show will go, mind you. I'm expecting something a lot more straightforward. And there isn't anything wrong with that, if it gets more Ewan McGregor on my screen in this role. Just something I've mused on for a while.
    I guess probably the best question is whether this Inquisitor is good enough to give Obi-Wan a decent fight, but she's probably a stepping stone to this rematch between Kenobi and Vader they keep teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess probably the best question is whether this Inquisitor is good enough to give Obi-Wan a decent fight, but she's probably a stepping stone to this rematch between Kenobi and Vader they keep teasing.
    Kenobi will probably end up fighting the other Inquisitor seen in the trailer. I didn't see her do or say anything overly villainous in the trailer besides posing. I want to believe they are saving some stuff for the show to surprise us. Just try to keep in mind that D+ just gave us a Boba Fett show about a crime lord who didn't commit any crimes. So if they give us an Inquisitor's journey back to the light that just so happens to have Obi-Wan Kenobi in it I wouldn't be shocked.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Kenobi will probably end up fighting the other Inquisitor seen in the trailer. I didn't see her do or say anything overly villainous in the trailer besides posing. I want to believe they are saving some stuff for the show to surprise us. Just try to keep in mind that D+ just gave us a Boba Fett show about a crime lord who didn't commit any crimes. So if they give us an Inquisitor's journey back to the light that just so happens to have Obi-Wan Kenobi in it I wouldn't be shocked.
    Doesn't it look like she hangs a guy in front of everyone to make a point?

I mean, we've seen no indication that this character has a heroic journey beyond the fact that she's going to be crossing paths with Obi-Wan.

Niffleheim

She has a name instead of a designation so that must mean something.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    She has a name instead of a designation so that must mean something.
    Now that you mention it I think we can count the number of Inquisitors whose real names we know on one hand.

Kind of curious if Obi-Wan might run into Chewie (But probably not Han). When the two meet in the Cantina it seems they're might be some familiarity (Although Chewie later seems to insult him during the Death Star). This is roughly around the time Han and Chewie start working for Jabba....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

There are rumors that 4-Lom will show up. Kind of curious, since he's usually inseparable from Zuckuss (Maybe because of the infamous action figure name switch) in the Expanded Universe (Both Disney and Legends).

Or maybe it's Q9-0 who looks very similar.

Ian Mcdiarmid is hinting he might appear as Palpatine. Makes more sense reprising it here of course than in ROS....

Rumors are also circulating that Red Hot Chilli Peppers guitarist Flea will play a role. He's acted many times before-most famously as Needles in Back To The Future's sequels, probably, but he's also done a lot of voice work so it's possible he'll do a CG or practical alien or droid. Hey maybe he's 4-Lom!

Mighty Member

So I'm guessing Obi-Wan is probably captured on the planet that isn't Tatooine and brought to Mustafar from there, but somehow escapes and Vader isn't able to track him back to Tatooine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Man, hearing Ewan's voice again...the feels.

"Like you trained his father?" Low blow. Valid, but low blow.

"You can't escape him!" Now that's how you handle a Vader reveal without an outright Vader reveal.

Niffleheim

Why do I feel like the 5th or last episode will be the revelation that Anakin is Vader behind the mask? Like how Ahsoka learned in Rebels.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough