BANNED

Default If you had two teams to take over who would it be.

Let’s say you gain control of the mind gem n have unlimited access to its power

First, you have your choice of any 5 earth based Marvel or DC characters who would you choose to take over the earth.

Second, after you’ve taken over earth you now set your eyes on the rest of the universe....who would you choose, this time you can choose space characters

You can choose gods n such but not on the level of say Dormmamu, or Galactus.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

OK.... i'm only going for the earth team right now. May come back with Space but let me know if We can work with this:

Strength - Doomsday. I know he's more beast than HULK but he has regen powers and immunity when returned and already at peak strength.
    Speed - Wally West. Going for the fastest and i can help calm his mind and give him thoughts of peace and not confusion.
    Intelligence - Ozymandias. Love the fact that he's such a skilled tactician that he was always 152 steps ahead of anyone. Mentally just give him a goal and let him loose.
    Mind - Legion. I know, I know. He's insane. However, with the mind stone i can give him peace and order in that crazy mind and finally have all those personalities working together.
    Wildcard - Dr. Fate or Scarlet Witch. Dr. Fate if i'm able to quell his insanity and he can still pull from the Helmet of Fate but if that's too God tier, then Scarlet Witch. giving her the ideas that Her and Vision are back together, happy, with a family and fighting for the good of the world.

Let me know what you think... With this squad. The world is MINE! (maniacal laughter ensues, blah, blah, blah)
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Astonishing Member

Unless you allow cosmics, you are not taking over the universe with Earth based characters. You have planets, empires, other gods, other mutants, other superheroes, one trillion galaxies each with one billion or so stars.

What is Doomsday, Hulk or Captain Carrot going to do?

Is this our Earth you are taking over, BTW. Then you just need one Kryptonian level person.

I’m going all Marvel.

Herbert Wyndham
    Reed Richards
    Stephen Strange
    Nate Grey (Shaman)
    Wanda Maximoff

For the cosmics:
    Runner
    Thanos
    Korvac
    Silver Surfer
    Genis Vell

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, if I have unlimited access to the power of the Mind Gem, I guess I would choose the team that is both susceptible to that degree of mind control and who are best at playing co-op video games and throwing parties because I could pretty much take over the Earth and probably any non-cosmic-being civilization, either directly or from the shadows, by using the Mind Gem on the society directly or by just taking over their leaders secretly.

Failing that, I guess I'd choose from the X-Men's telepaths (sans any active Phoenix Force users, Franklin Richards, and other Galactus-tier cosmics) and just have one of them do the same thing instead while the rest of us play Mario Kart or something.

Just to be clear, which version of the Earth/Universe are we talking about here? Because if its the real life versions, then after Earth we would first need to determine if there is actually anyone else in the universe to conquer or if we should just declare me the emperor of the otherwise uninhabited cosmos by default, but the X-Men should be able to suss that out once they get Cerebro up and running.

Earth-based: Squirrel Girl- unbeatable wild card
    Rogue- power recall, absorption, incredible versatility in powers
    Obsidian- nearly took over before, controlling all shadow and assimilating others
    Black Alice- similar to Rogue, but with magic and taking whoever's powers she wants, such as Wanda's and Strange's and/or combine magic-user powers, like Wonder Woman and Dr. Fate or whatever.
    Doctor Doom- access to time travel, magic, and super tech, plus his own army of robot duplicates and so forth...

Now is the cosmic team in addition to the Earth-based team? If so, I think I'd go with...

DC One Million Martian Manhunter- I mean, he's a sentient planet who still shapeshifts and has telepathy, IIRC.
    JLU Amazo- similar to Rogue, but even moreso, able to copy powers with a glance
    Loki- Illusion powers, combat abilities, and plenty of magic
    Lobo- limitless cloning via blood droplets, super strength, etc.
    Silver Surfer- super speed, transmutation, shininess, and more