Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does the Champion of the Universe count as a martial artist?

Meh... he always loses anyway.

What about Midnight Sun?

(Yes, I will always bring Midnight Sun into any discussion if it’s valid.)
    Before his cosmic power-up, Midnight Sun was just Midnight, and he was a close match with Shang-Chi but got stomped twice by Mantis. With his cosmic power, Midnight Sun was fast enough to freely tag Silver Surfer while dodging the Surfer's attacks, which is either PIS or really fast, depending on whether you think Surfer is intrinsically fast or just has high travel speed.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If Mandarin still needs his rings to do his best stuff and hasn't grafted them onto his spine or something, an unbloodlusted Ranma's definitely the type of person to just steal the rings off his fingers. And/or just tie him into a knot to see if he's flexible enough to be able to untie himself.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-30-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hiriyuu Shoten Ha deals with the spiders. Or simply swatting then all, one at a time, like he does with swarms of bees.

Prince of Orphans needs to manifest to hit. Edit - unsure on this... Ranma, being tons faster, breaks what manifests. Alternately HSH to disperse him.
    I don't think he does need to manifest to hit things.

In one of his side stories where he fought an army of ghost warriors; he had to go into ghost form to hit them because they were ghosts but the ghosts were perfectly able to interact with the physical world without fear of being hit.

Stuff along the lines of "immortal army of ghosts killing the living," kind of stuff.

I have the book but it's in my room in London and I'm not there for the foreseeable.

In character, I imagine a lot of screaming and running before Ranma got serious with Bride of Nine Spiders.
    Or just looking at her nonplussed before pulling out some sort of bug-repelling incense which he fans toward her whole wearing a bandana asa face mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Before his cosmic power-up, Midnight Sun was just Midnight, and he was a close match with Shang-Chi but got stomped twice by Mantis. With his cosmic power, Midnight Sun was fast enough to freely tag Silver Surfer while dodging the Surfer's attacks, which is either PIS or really fast, depending on whether you think Surfer is intrinsically fast or just has high travel speed.

Yeah, I know (it’s actually Ranma I don’t know). Midnight Sun is definitely my guilty pleasure as a character.

I always imagine he’s what would happen if 10-year old me were allowed to create a character.

“So there’s this guy, and he can’t speak and he can’t remember anything about his life. And he does Kung-fu. In space. And aliens made him extra fast and strong and tough and made him breathe in space. And he has these little disks on his hands so that he hits EVEN harder. And he wears a mask that covers his whole face. And a cape with a collar.

And a hat.”

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't think he does need to manifest to hit things.

In one of his side stories where he fought an army of ghost warriors; he had to go into ghost form to hit them because they were ghosts but the ghosts were perfectly able to interact with the physical world without fear of being hit.

Stuff along the lines of "immortal army of ghosts killing the living," kind of stuff.

I have the book but it's in my room in London and I'm not there for the foreseeable.
    Hm. Then it gets harder for Ranma, and I suspect 'dispersion through HSH' would be his only possible path to victory (if that sort of thing works on Aman). Don’t know how hard Aman hits, though.

Ranma treats getting hit by an enraged class 60+ character the same way I would treat getting hit by someone in roughly my weight class (maybe a little worse). A homicidally enraged Ryouga hits him hard enough to send him flying into a cliff, such that it creates a 10' radius crater in the cliff, when Ranma is physically weakened. Ranma pops back up from that and keeps fighting, leading Ryouga into a spiral (while taking hits the whole time - it's shown in the art) in order to pull off his first real attempt at a Hiryuu Shoten Ha.

Ryouga punches ~roughly beginning of manga Ranma (amaguriken arc) hard enough to send him flying a hundred feet or so through a forest, taking out branches and such en-route. Ranma gets right back in the game.

He gets slammed into the ground by Ryouga's Perfect Shi Shi Hokodan, which creates a...15' deep crater in the ground? More? Can't rightly remember. Anyway, it's not enough to put him down (it takes multiples of this to finish him).

Ranma is stupidly tough. Hits from people in the CBPH range would nothing to him.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-30-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Or just looking at her nonplussed before pulling out some sort of bug-repelling incense which he fans toward her whole wearing a bandana asa face mask.
    Also possible!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...not sure PoO can hurt Ranma, really.
    I imagine getting breathed in by Ranma only to solidify in his lungs, wouldn't go well for PoO?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Oh, he’s tough enough to activate it.

It’s kind of ‘win because technically a martial artist but would lose without using his rings to protect himself’. Which, for me, rather violates the spirit of the rumble because Mandy sure as heck isn’t winning due to martial art skills or even his own special abilities.

He’s winning ‘because magic ring’.
    Well technically the OP didn't say anything about using martial arts only but I do see your point.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

As far as forcefields go, does it prevent him from just getting punted away, forcefield and all? Being in-character and unbloodlusted, I'm not sure what the conditions of this fight are. That's not a win in the standard arena, but if this is "they run into each other on the street," it might count.

What about live burial? Ranma's done that before. Sure, a forcefield would give him a bubble, but he'd still be immobilized and run out of air if either of those things are possible for the character.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    As far as forcefields go, does it prevent him from just getting punted away, forcefield and all? Being in-character and unbloodlusted, I'm not sure what the conditions of this fight are. That's not a win in the standard arena, but if this is "they run into each other on the street," it might count.

What about live burial? Ranma's done that before. Sure, a forcefield would give him a bubble, but he'd still be immobilized and run out of air if either of those things are possible for the character.
    Also, he might need to drop the force field to attack Ranma, which would probably be a terrible idea, especially if he kept the force field up long enough for Ranma to get creative and do something like covering it in dirt so that he can't see where Ranma is until after he drops the force field.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Also, he might need to drop the force field to attack Ranma, which would probably be a terrible idea, especially if he kept the force field up long enough for Ranma to get creative and do something like covering it in dirt so that he can't see where Ranma is until after he drops the force field.
    Can't he fly out of Ranma's reach after placing the force field? Or does he have to drop it to do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Can't he fly out of Ranma's reach after placing the force field? Or does he have to drop it to do anything?
    I wish him good luck with that, since Ranma can leap superhumanly high, specializes in extremely nimble mid-air combat, and would probably be able to just stand on the force field as it rises, if that's possible.

Maybe Cass Cain? She does have bullet time and has the skills. Plus she can read bodies like other people read books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe Cass Cain? She does have bullet time and has the skills. Plus she can read bodies like other people read books.
    She *might* have a chance against him from the beginning of the series, but even then she's gonna have trouble doing anything to him through his durability (pressure points are probably not going to be a reliable choice against someone that's as fast as beginning of series Ranma) and would be severely injured by even a glancing blow and Ranma got lots faster a few volumes in and got at least one other major speed boost by the middle of the series. And that's not even without taking into account his wide-angle attacks.