Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thundercats Movie by Godzilla vs Kong director!

Director of GVK is lined up to do a live action thundercats next!

https://deadline.com/2021/03/godzill...os-1234724041/

captain obvious: don't base this on the most recent cartoon show.

Realistically, I hope that the producers feel free to tweak the costumes and the looks. Base the makeup around the real actors' faces, don't try to force CGI to make it look exactly like the 80s cartoon version.
    There's a lot of bare skin in the original visages of the heroes. We'll see if that manages to stay.

Considering the, well, formula, of most episodes, I wonder how this will be structured.

The Wily Kits should be allowed to gradually grow up. Cast middle-school aged kids. Don't cast folks who are pushing 30.

I'm not hung up on major known actors, whether as heroes or villains.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 03-30-2021 at 10:10 AM.

https://www.gamesradar.com/thunderca...kong-director/

A CG-animated theatrical Thundercats movie is in the works from Godzilla Vs. Kong director Adam Wingard.

Deadline reports that the Thundercats movie adaptation will be a "big-scale feature" based on the original animated series that ran from 1985-1989. Wingard himself describes the animation style as "hybrid CGI" with a "hyper real look [that] somehow bridges the gap between cartoon and CGI."

"Nobody on this planet knows or has thought as much about ThunderCats as I have," Wingard rather boldly told Deadline. "They gave me the reins. I saw this as an opportunity to do a new type of fantasy sci-fi spectacle film that people have never seen before."

While much of the specifics around cast and crew are still unknown, Wingard paints a fairly detailed picture of the aesthetic he's aiming for with the Thundercats revival. For Thundercats fans with a particular affection for the original series, Wingard's movie adaptation sounds like good news so far.
    RECOMMENDED VIDEOS FOR YOU...
    CLOSE

"It's got a rich mythology; the characters are fantastic. The colors. I want to do a ThunderCats film that takes you back to that '80s aesthetic. I don't want to reinvent the way they look; I want them to look like ThunderCats. I don't want to do it live-action, either. I don't want it to look like Cats, I don't want those kinds of issues."

Wingard is working on a fresh script for Thundercats alongside frequent collaborator Simon Barrett (The Guest, Blair Witch, Temple). "Adam and I have been talking about making a Thundercats movie for literally over a decade and the fact that it's actually close to happening is staggering," Barrett wrote on Twitter.

Here are all of the upcoming movies we can't wait to see in 2021 and beyond.

I'm here for an animated film .

I hope it's on par with the 2011 reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Thanks the universe, i have truly a hard time imagining it not being utterly ridiculous with flesh and blood actors.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 03-30-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Realistically, I hope that the producers feel free to tweak the costumes and the looks.
    No! They need to look exactly like this!
    ThunderCats_Group.jpg
    Anything less is taking a dump on my childhood!
    (yes, I'm being sarcastic, but I feel a need to make that clear since ... y'know, "fandom.")

Yup they confirmed it's a animated film.

The real question will be: "How do they make Snarf not super annoying?"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Silent like the 2011 version.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    snarf was silent? no noise at all?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    As long as the voice actor of the Everliving source of evil ,is anywhere close to Earl Hammond, that's a win for me. Still don't get how animations for children could go so dark and creepy.Mumm-ra of the 80's could put some of today's horror movies to shame.Absolute gangster he was

Extraordinary Member

After seeing GVK I'm hyped for this. Maybe they'll leave snarf out or cut his time to the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I agree. He worked better as an animal sidekick than the mother-hen comic relief character. If this were Disney, I'd expect some sort of comedic actor stunt-casting like Jack Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    As long as the voice actor of the Everliving source of evil ,is anywhere close to Earl Hammond, that's a win for me. Still don't get how animations for children could go so dark and creepy.Mumm-ra of the 80's could put some of today's horror movies to shame.Absolute gangster he was
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.