Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I just thought of a legitimately bald DC hero. Johnny Thunder. After he was about 80 years old. A hero can go bald if he’s a doddering old man but not while he’s still in the hero game. Natural baldness is fine for villains but it just doesn’t seem to be consistent with heroism. That simply isn’t so of characters with red hair, at any comic company.
    Yep. Male pattern baldness is considered a negative, while being a redhead isn't. But my gripe is about prematurely graying characters. How many superheroes start turning gray in their late teens like I did (a few decades ago, FWIW)? Where is my pitchfork so I can storm the gates at DC!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Nah, there are loads of bald aliens.

It's what's visually interesting--flame red hair, slick heads--those catch the eye on the page. But too much of the same thing on the page diffuses attention. Where do you want to draw focus and how?

Of course, these basics of comic art have been thrown out the window now, with pages that look like the care bears did acid and then threw up on the page.