Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

i saw him on Teen Wolf... but i don't remember him having any lines...
    just growling..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    i saw him on Teen Wolf... but i don't remember him having any lines...
    just growling..
    The only thing I've seen him in was Generation Kill and he was great at playing an incompetent officer.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member

Cool Im excited!

Not a bad choice for a villain. Not a bad choice at all. But given his powers, I worry that it'll lead to some overly cheesy effects for a TV show. They don't have the money or the resources to pull off the kinds of effects the movies have. That didn't matter for villains like Deathlok, who didn't require a whole lot of effects. But Absorbing Man is a different story. I'm definitely on board with using big name villains, but if the effects come off as cheesy then that's going to take away from the impact somewhat.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by thud View Post
    The show really turned things around in the second half of the last season. Hopefully they can keep it up.
    I gave up on this show after five episodes. I'm glad to see that it's finally living up to the expectations that everyone had in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by thud View Post
    Also, this team is in no way, shape or form any sort of match for Crusher Creel as depicted in the comics. I'm sure they'll have to pull out some Kree / Asgardian / special Hollywood guest star /other random artifact (magical maybe?) to beat him.
    I'm thinking the same thing. The Absorbing Man is a powerhouse antagonist for Thor or Hulk. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Not a bad choice for a villain. Not a bad choice at all. But given his powers, I worry that it'll lead to some overly cheesy effects for a TV show. They don't have the money or the resources to pull off the kinds of effects the movies have. That didn't matter for villains like Deathlok, who didn't require a whole lot of effects. But Absorbing Man is a different story. I'm definitely on board with using big name villains, but if the effects come off as cheesy then that's going to take away from the impact somewhat.
    You make a good point, we'll see how it goes and hopefully we'll all be impressed.

For those who worry remember he is only being introduced in the show, if the demand is high it doesn't mean that he won't appear in a film for a throwdown with Hulk or Thor or any of the other avengers. Remember Trip from what i have heard is appearing in Avengers:AOU. For those saying that the team is in no way shape or form any sort of match for Creel as depicted in the comics well Sharon, Maria and Victoria beat Creel in a Age of Heros one shot.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    I hope he loses the shirt at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    I hope he loses the shirt too.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I had my fingers crossed big-time that AM would be the villain if we ever got another Hulk movie
    They did a version of Absorbing Man in Ang Lee's Hulk, I think that pretty much guaranteed Hulk and Absorbing Man will never face off in the MCU proper as they don't want to redo old stuff.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 08-25-2014 at 05:08 AM.