Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Does anyone play the mobile game DC Legends? Giganta seems basically unkillable. She can take so many hits. It'd be nice if that was reflected in the comics.

(My team is all Wonder Woman villains... plus Wondy until I can finally get Circe who never seems to be in the shop.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Does anyone play the mobile game DC Legends? Giganta seems basically unkillable. She can take so many hits. It'd be nice if that was reflected in the comics.

(My team is all Wonder Woman villains... plus Wondy until I can finally get Circe who never seems to be in the shop.)
    I do not play that game (or know much about it honestly ). Which Wonder Woman characters are in it?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I do not play that game (or know much about it honestly ). Which Wonder Woman characters are in it?
    A few different versions of WW (comic-based and movie-based)
    Cheetah
    Giganta
    Wonder Girl
    Hippolyta
    Ares
    Dr. Poison
    Circe
    Artemis

I'm hoping they add Silver Swan or Dr. Cyber at some point. They add new characters every month but they're rarely WW-related.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

A few different versions of WW (comic-based and movie-based)
    Cheetah
    Giganta
    Wonder Girl
    Hippolyta
    Ares
    Dr. Poison
    Circe
    Artemis

I'm hoping they add Silver Swan or Dr. Cyber at some point. They add new characters every month but they're rarely WW-related.
    Which Wonder Girl (I assume it's Cassie)?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I don't get why writers keep making her some super scientist if she's usually portrayed as a mercenary without any motivations of her and little intelligence.
    It keeps her from being one note and opens up other avenues for story telling. It's also part of why her romance with Ryan Choi works so well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Which Wonder Girl (I assume it's Cassie)?
    I thought just Cassie but I checked and Donna Troy is there too.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It keeps her from being one note and opens up other avenues for story telling. It's also part of why her romance with Ryan Choi works so well.
    I don't necessarily agree. Adding on background elements without making it meaningful—that is, telling a story about it in some way—is just needless cruft to me. Wonder Woman already has several super-science types as villains, and most of them are under-used, so making Giganta one too will arguably make her (and the other super-scientists) less unique.

Story first. There is plenty of scope for story around a bullied and sick small-town girl who got superpowers out of her treatment, but still somewhere carries that bullied girl within her.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Nix the gorilla origin - it just...plays weird in modern times. There's already a whole spiel about it on some Gorilla City thread on the DC forum.
    Nix the mad scientist origin - there's enough comic book scientists as is, and it's not like her intelligence ever comes into play. She's a giant, the appeal of giant characters is giant go smash!
    And I agree with those who say that the urge to make all of Diana's foes tie into the whole myth and magic angle is to be avoided.

So, what's left? How about a criminal bruiser who through her criminal activities got her dirty mitts on some ill gotten mad science macguffin that permanently bestowed her with the power to grow in size and strength and toughness. It keeps her non-magical, it avoids the need to explain why she doesn't use mad scientist intellect, it emphasizes that she's a tough customer and criminal even before she got powers which would be great, and it leaves the gorilla thing in the Golden Age where it currently belongs (for the time being).

As for her powers? She should be so strong and so tough full grown that Diana just can't punch her out. I want Wonder Woman to have to rely on her other unique powers and tools to bring Giganta low.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

She has plenty of villains that arent myth and magic.

Dr. Poison

Dr. Psycho

Silver Swan

Veronica Cale

whispers Maxwell Lord

Giganta has height and impact, she just needs depth and intrigue to match.

A balance of monster woman and brilliant biologist, seems like the way to go to me.

I’m not mad at the potential of all of Diana’s mad doctors.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 04-06-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    whispers Maxwell Lord
    How dare you. Grab your pitchforks, gals!

Here at Villainy Inc., we expect our employees to have a doctorate before taking on the Amazon Princess herself.

(Does Maxwell Lord even have a doctorate?)

How dare you. Grab your pitchforks, gals!
    Pitchforks? Damn, I only brought my torch!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Pitchforks? Damn, I only brought my torch!
    Torch? That's that other company, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This is pretty much what happens when every Wonder Woman run is 100% mythology focused.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-06-2021 at 06:05 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut