Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This is pretty much what happens when every Wonder Woman run is 100% mythology focuses.
    That's the thing though, writers just fail to take the myth out of the myth when they should be placing the myth into the "real" world, The way writers like to treat WW, if it were Superman he'd be in outer space all the time.

Wonder Woman coming to Mans World should pull back the curtain on what the world thought were myths and questioning the validity of it all. But alas.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m fine with the scientist angle, but I’d rather she just be an darker, malevolent Indiana Jones type of character, who received her powers from a mystical artifact she stole. Idk if I want it to be Greek/Roman related, because I think it’d be more interesting if she became the avatar of a god from another pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m fine with the scientist angle, but I’d rather she just be an darker, malevolent Indiana Jones type of character, who received her powers from a mystical artifact she stole. Idk if I want it to be Greek/Roman related, because I think it’d be more interesting if she became the avatar of a god from another pantheon.
    Isn't that Cheetah's thing already?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Isn't that Cheetah's thing already?

Oof. That’s exactly Cheetah’s thing. Nvm.

That was Cheetah's thing... in the New 52. It's been retconned away back to the evil ritual of Urzkartaga.

I honestly think the whole mystical artifact granting her powers would be a good origin for Giganta. Cheetah's not using it anymore, and it hearkens back to the Superfriends origin where she steals Apache Chief's powder.

It could still work.

I'd also make Ross' Justice version as her basis, ignoring the Gorilla City backstory.

They should add Apache Chief to JLD, and make him a shaman.

They should add Apache Chief to JLD, and make him a shaman.
    I think you're in the wrong thread.

Mighty Member

You know, I've heard of Circe turning Barbara into a were-cheetah as robbing the Cheetah, but what about her being the one to turn a gorilla into an Amazonian-esque human woman? Her growing powers can come from science whether it be Dr. Poison, or some other scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread.
    It was a tangent off of Giganta’s Super Friends origin.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I kinda like the mad doctor aspect of Giganta. It gives her a lot more areas to explore than a solely a dim-witted Monster Woman/Femme Fatale/Broad Bruiser that she’s often portrayed as... that’s just limited a boring to me and undermines the character’s potential.

I like that Doctor Doris Zuel could play some kind of mad doctor triumvirate with Doctor Poison and Doctor Cyber and have her giantess form to boot.
    My favorite twist is to take the mad science and mix in a tiny bit of myth by having her use some mad science with a sample of DNA from a titan. Sure hasn't been done yet, but it mixes aspects of the various origins in a neat way that works with the WW mythos..

I wouldn’t mind seeing her as a daughter of one of the mythological Titans. Maybe Atlas, where neither one is aware of their connection, because her mother fled with her still pregnant, because she didn’t want to be thrown into the Tartarus Pit with the other Titans. Her mother would use her powers to put Giganta into suspended animation to safeguard her from the Gods wrath as they found her. She’d awaken in a more modern world, and be completely unaware of her heritage until a chance encounter with Wonder Woman, when her mind explodes with all of her history now available to her. She blames Diana for what happened to her parents because of her connection with the gods who imprisoned her parents.

It was a tangent off of Giganta’s Super Friends origin.
    Speaking of her SUPER FRIENDS origin, we can always revert to that completely not problematic tale of White Colonizer Karen steals Indigenous Magic to gain notoriety!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Speaking of her SUPER FRIENDS origin, we can always revert to that completely not problematic tale of White Colonizer Karen steals Indigenous Magic to gain notoriety.
    …are villain origins not inherently problematic? It’s not like they’re roll models.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Why are we expecting villains to be morally correct? They're villains for a reason. Evil colonizer Karens is exactly who Diana should be fighting against.