Giganta is arguably the second most iconic Wonder Woman villain, but the character's comic book history is just plain messy. She was an evolved gorilla in the Golden Age, a doctor who transferred her mind into a circus performer with growing abilities in the Post-Crisis continuity, and now in Rebirth is a scientist who experimented on herself to cure a terminal illness and ended up getting her powers that way.

I particularly loathe her Post-Crisis origin as it is so bizarre and convoluted, even for comic books. I think her Rebirth origin is fine, but really I don't see the need to have her be a scientist/doctor in addition to being a bruiser. Her intelligence is rarely utilized... I'd rather the focus be placed on just exactly how strong she is. She should be able to take a punch from Diana easily and keep on going. But sadly she's often punched out almost immediately as if her power is simply to grow, not also superhuman strength and durability.

What do you think should be done with Giganta? Should she remain a "frenemy" of Diana's, or should she be portrayed as a straight-up adversary? Do you think her intellect and science background should be used more often, or should they focus on her strength and growth powers?

I personally love the character and have since watching reruns of Superfriends with my father. It's just such a shame that she is so poorly-used.