Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m fine with the scientist angle, but I’d rather she just be an darker, malevolent Indiana Jones type of character, who received her powers from a mystical artifact she stole. Idk if I want it to be Greek/Roman related, because I think it’d be more interesting if she became the avatar of a god from another pantheon.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Isn't that Cheetah's thing already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Oof. That’s exactly Cheetah’s thing. Nvm.
    Not exactly... Minerva was an archeologist. Just make Zuel a tomb raider, someone who is in it for the money. She doesn't care about the history or the heritage of artifacts, she is looking to sell to the highest bidder. She finds something similar to Metamorpho's Orb of Ra and becomes Giganta. This keeps up with her basic history of not really being super smart or ring leader...she's a hired thug. She knows how to handle herself and she's even picked up a little knowledge along the way. It's also why she isn't a straight up adversary to Wonder Woman, sometimes her best interest is in siding with Diana. How does she become an adversary of Diana? She's after archeological artifacts, Diana is a preserver of artifacts. Nuff said.

I'm not sure about making her capital 'E' evil. I like a Giganta who can just as easily fight alongside WW as she can fight against her.

Maybe like the John Byrne's version she was terminally ill and stole out of desperation but makes up for it later on.

That would make her contrast better with Cheetah who refuses to be redeemed.

The issue with making her a tomb raider is due to the fact it fits with Minerva. Minvera has stolen too. And also became obsession with gaining power.If anything maybe she and Diana work together to have the purple ray work. Also what do you guys think about having Dr.Pysho and Zuel actually being a couple? I know people wanted to have Mouse Man

Why are we expecting villains to be morally correct? They're villains for a reason. Evil colonizer Karens is exactly who Diana should be fighting against.
    Are we? Or is it a legit origin story decades later?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

How is it not a legit origin story? We are not supposed to agree with Giganta stealing from Apache Chief's tribe.

Do you have the same gripe with Marvel's Klaw too?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Not exactly... Minerva was an archeologist. Just make Zuel a tomb raider, someone who is in it for the money. She doesn't care about the history or the heritage of artifacts, she is looking to sell to the highest bidder. She finds something similar to Metamorpho's Orb of Ra and becomes Giganta. This keeps up with her basic history of not really being super smart or ring leader...she's a hired thug. She knows how to handle herself and she's even picked up a little knowledge along the way. It's also why she isn't a straight up adversary to Wonder Woman, sometimes her best interest is in siding with Diana. How does she become an adversary of Diana? She's after archeological artifacts, Diana is a preserver of artifacts. Nuff said.
    I'd go a step further.... she doesn't care about artifacts either. She doesn't see ancient relics as being inherently valuable at all. Her only interest is in looking for things she sees as having inherent value. Thus she'd see gems and gold only in the context of resale value.

Dusty old parchments would be far more interesting. Ancient knowledge lost to the ages? THAT is a real treasure!

My personal origin would be that she was seeking ancient secrets that could help her cure her own illness, but found something... mythical and not what she expected. But she doesn't figure that out until after she turns into Giganta.

Maybe, Doris Zeul and Giganta should be two, different beings, ..as they were in the Golden Age 1940s (when Zool was a man). Why does Giganta need to be magical, to work, as a character?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-03-2021 at 02:40 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

How is it not a legit origin story? We are not supposed to agree with Giganta stealing from Apache Chief's tribe.

Do you have the same gripe with Marvel's Klaw too?
    I'm not seeing where I have a gripe.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Maybe, Doris Zeul and Giganta should be two, different beings, ..as they were in the Golden Age 1940s (when Zool was a man). Why does Giganta need to be magical, to work, as a character?
    "Need"? I wouldn't say need, but I do think it makes the character easier to write. The idea of her being Grodd's creation? nope.... nope.... nope. My idea is of her being a mad scientist who experimented on herself, but did so using stuff she found in ancient dig sites. So it's kind of a mix of science and magic... into something some would call an unholy abomination.