Spectacular Member

Default Where does Jack of Hearts rank?

just how powerful is thje hauma/alien hybrid with the cool but near undrawable costume that points to his junk?

Writers have played fast and loose with Jack's power level, but overall he was mid-tier. Comparable to Spider-man or bronze age Iron Man. His blasts and energy-boosted punches are powerful enough to send the Hulk sprawling like he just got punched by Thor. Jack's armor is ordinary chainmail and his underlying toughness is nothing special by superhero standards. He can fly at typical superhero speeds, and his reflexes are pretty normal. In his first appearance, he got kicked around by street leveler White Tiger.

Yeah, he’s not quite a glass cannon, but maybe a Pyrex one...?

His damage output is high though.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I always the concept of his powers and character were good but boy did that dude need a redesign badly.

I really liked the original Jack of Hearts costume. It was the only thing distinctive about him aside from his two-tone skin. But I understand that most people found it to be too much, and non-Perez artists found it to be a hassle to draw. Now that I think about it, I think David Anthony Kraft was making some sly meta-commentary when he had Jack of Hearts nearly get in a fight with Captain Ultra.

I always liked portrayals of him where, while he was indeed powerful, he'd struggle (but still try anyway) to keep up with the bigger guns of the universe.

On a side note, too, I admired those same traits in Rogue when she was a proper Avenger, especially in No Surrender, where she was likely the least powerful of the "big guns," but still hung in there with them all the same.