Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Really? I figured that Constantine was new to the dc universe because of vertigo....then again I never really understood how characters like Swamp Thing and Constantine worked prior to new 52 bringing them in so what do I know.
    John Constantine's character was introduced in The Saga of Swamp Thing #37 (June 1985); the Vertigo imprint didn't start until 1993. Swamp Thing didn't start having the Vertigo label on the cover until issue #129, and Constantine's own title didn't start having the Vertigo label until Hellblazer #63.
    Books like Swamp Thing and Hellblazer merely had a "Suggested for Mature Readers" on the cover prior to the Vertigo introduction.

I always thought a Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) Atom team up would be interesting.

With Ted being a techie, I always thought he could devise some nano technology that would be useful to the Atom when he's shrunk down to size.

Firestorm and Metamorpho...call the book ELEMENT MEN. Do it like a kind of buddy cop thing, one older and jaded, one younger and fun-loving. One controls elements externally, one controls them internally. One's based in science, one's based in magic. One looks kind of cool and heroic, one looks like a monster. They could almost have a pseudo-Ben Grimm/Johnny Storm relationship.

Think it could be a really fun pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Firestorm and Metamorpho...call the book ELEMENT MEN. Do it like a kind of buddy cop thing, one older and jaded, one younger and fun-loving. One controls elements externally, one controls them internally. One's based in science, one's based in magic. One looks kind of cool and heroic, one looks like a monster. They could almost have a pseudo-Ben Grimm/Johnny Storm relationship.

Think it could be a really fun pairing.
    I like the Storm/Grimm comparison. Would Firestorm still be a composite being in this scenario? Normally, Firestorm is a one-person buddy cop duo already.

Black Canary and Star Sapphire:

These two have known each other a long time through the men in their lives, but we've almost never seen anything about their relationship, let alone seeing them team up in their heroic personas.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-02-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like the Storm/Grimm comparison. Would Firestorm still be a composite being in this scenario? Normally, Firestorm is a one-person buddy cop duo already.
    I think I'd probably use the Jason/Ronnie combo for Firestorm, so there's still a youth-centric element involved versus having Stein directing Ronnie from inside. And Jason and Ronnie could also be looked at as different factions of Johnny, with his natural fun-loving youth in a struggle with his responsibilities as a hero.

Green Lantern and Manhunter

Considering how connected their two mythos are, it's surprising we never got a significant team-up between a GL and one of the heroic Manhunters. (or have we?) I certainly don't think we ever got one with Hal and Kate. They could be an interesting duo.(I imagine tension, followed by begrudging admiration and then respect and eventually fondness, but only after several teamups )

Elasti-Woman, Plastic Man, Doll Man, The Atom

It's really just the visual...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-25-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Henry Cavill's Superman and Cesar Romero's Joker in a story entitled "A Close Shave".

I'd be very interested in the first meeting between Jason Todd's Red Hood & Walter West (A.K.A. Dark Flash):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-16-2021 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

These two would have something interesting in common to discuss ....
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-26-2021 at 03:53 AM.