Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default The new Summers Family Tree in X-Men Legends #2 *spoilers*

What do you think of this Summers Family Tree? Do you think that members are still missing?

I just wasn't expecting this series to be so fun. But it really really is. LOL. This is the first time i've liked Havok in forever. Also i'm horrible at reading these type of charts. I got stuck going back and forth between Jean and Maddie and was like i don't see some of the connections. It felt like trying to row a boat. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you think of this Summers Family Tree? Do you think that members are still missing?

Wait wait wait. Looking at the colors is this chart saying that HyperStorm via Fraknlin/Rachel is inevitable. They have they grey which means across all reality they, at least how i'm reading it will some point exist. So it seems to be implying Scott and Emma will always have Ruby, so at some point she will enter the 616 and at some point Jean and Scott will always have Rachel and Nate Grey but where they will exist at some point in every reality, cable will not.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I notice Havok’s kid with Wasp didn’t make the cut

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Wait wait wait. Looking at the colors is this chart saying that HyperStorm via Fraknlin/Rachel is inevitable. They have they grey which means across all reality they, at least how i'm reading it will some point exist. So it seems to be implying Scott and Emma will always have Ruby, so at some point she will enter the 616 and at some point Jean and Scott will always have Rachel and Nate Grey but where they will exist at some point in every reality, cable will not.
    Or they're just including AU characters by the sake of completionism.

It's basically "in alternate future" X-man is from an alternate reality but not in the future so it's just grey, Genesis is from the future but not another reality so it's just blue

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    yeah but if this is in canon the grey color is across reality. That is pretty specific stuff for it to mean nothing. But i feel the franklin/Rachel thing is before things changed in Fantastic Four as this was being solicited before then.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    It's basically "in alternate future" X-man is from an alternate reality but not in the future so it's just grey, Genesis is from the future but not another reality so it's just blue
    Technically Jean and Scott and Scott and Emma haven't had any kids so i read it as, due to the coloring if they did Scott/Emma would have Ruby, she is inevitable when they produce and Jean/Scott will have Nate/Rachel. Again though i'm not good at these things, i just noticed the color coding description.

And did anyone Notice Hope is considered a relative of cable by blood.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-31-2021 at 07:51 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So why they didn't include logan and Jean daughter from alternate timeline?

Where the heck is Sara Grey?

As a long time reader, this book was extremely satisfying in so many ways. It's clear Nicieza had mapped out this story for a really long time (loved the last panel of the book of the spy spying on the spy spying on Adam -- evocative of X-Men #39). I wished this had been a four-issue mini as Fabian originally planned (the story was so fast-paced...I wished there were more opportunity to expand upon the quieter moments we saw between the characters). And yes, everything in the book tied up neatly as to not disturb current continuity.

I took the grey to denote "alternate reality" regardless if it crosses over into the 616 (not that it necessarily means that it will cross into the main reality). They seemed to focus on including those that did interact with the 616 though (so like Ruby Summers interacted with Layla Miller so she's included even though Megan Summers (Scott and Emma's daughter in another timeline) actually has more in-issue appearances), not that this is predicting Ruby or Rachel will eventually be born in this reality.

I think it interesting they just listed Adam X as "genetic manipulation" stemming from Katherine. Nate Grey/X-Man is conceived in the exact same way so why not just show that he is the son by blood of Katherine and D'Ken?

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    As a long time reader, this book was extremely satisfying in so many ways. It's clear Nicieza had mapped out this story for a really long time (loved the last panel of the book of the spy spying on the spy spying on Adam -- evocative of X-Men #39). I wished this had been a four-issue mini as Fabian originally planned (the story was so fast-paced...I wished there were more opportunity to expand upon the quieter moments we saw between the characters). And yes, everything in the book tied up neatly as to not disturb current continuity.

I took the grey to denote "alternate reality" regardless if it crosses over into the 616 (not that it necessarily means that it will cross into the main reality). They seemed to focus on including those that did interact with the 616 though (so like Ruby Summers interacted with Layla Miller so she's included even though Megan Summers (Scott and Emma's daughter in another timeline) actually has more in-issue appearances), not that this is predicting Ruby or Rachel will eventually be born in this reality.

I think it interesting they just listed Adam X as "genetic manipulation" stemming from Katherine. Nate Grey/X-Man is conceived in the exact same way so why not just show that he is the son by blood of Katherine and D'Ken?
    That makes sense as well. But it's still a little more difficult for my mind to process it that way.

Like the Adam X thing, I was assuming he must have DNA from Corsair, Katherine, and Hezpath, otherwise how is she on the list as a blood relative.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

yeah but if this is in canon the grey color is across reality. That is pretty specific stuff for it to mean nothing. But i feel the franklin/Rachel thing is before things changed in Fantastic Four as this was being solicited before then.

Technically Jean and Scott and Scott and Emma haven't had any kids so i read it as, due to the coloring if they did Scott/Emma would have Ruby, she is inevitable when they produce and Jean/Scott will have Nate/Rachel. Again though i'm not good at these things, i just noticed the color coding description.

And did anyone Notice Hope is considered a relative of cable by blood.
    Hope is actually connected to Cable by a purple line which is noting "family by adoption"

Yeah and I think they included Richard and Hyperstorm because they mean something to Rachel who now is in the 616 (not that they will cross over). There is omission from other alternate realities but they included the main ones that mean something to someone in earth-611. Like also because this is a Summers family tree, they haven't expanded on the Grey side (like Jean's sister or nephew/niece nor her alternate future kids with other men).

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Where the heck is Sara Grey?
    Not relevant to a Summers family tree. Alex, Adam, and Gabriel should all be missing from a Grey family tree if one gets done.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    Hope is actually connected to Cable by a purple line which is noting "family by adoption"

Yeah and I think they included Richard and Hyperstorm because they mean something to Rachel who now is in the 616 (not that they will cross over). There is omission from other alternate realities but they included the main ones that mean something to someone in earth-611. Like also because this is a Summers family tree, they haven't expanded on the Grey side (like Jean's sister or nephew/niece nor her alternate future kids with other men).
    Thanks. Just realized it when you said so about Hope. The other ones they have two lines. Future and across realities that's what makes it feel inevitable or like foreshadowing. Especially since these stories are suppose to be in canon to fit in what we are reading now.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

White Queen and Goblin Queen had a baby and they named her Ruby Summers.

That's what it's saying, right?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    White Queen and Goblin Queen had a baby and they named her Ruby Summers.

That's what it's saying, right?
    Oh SNAP your right!! It is saying Ruby is the product of Emma and Goblin Queen and is inevitable. lmao. What a twist. lmao.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.