Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Weirdest place to retcon Genesis as the biological son of Cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I know right!
    Genesis aka Tyler Dayspring has ALWAYS been Cable's son, I guess they wanted to make it official by making him blood but he's also been mentioned before as being his blood son. So who knows.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 03-31-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Genesis aka Tyler Dayspring has ALWAYS been Cable's son, I guess they wanted to make it official by making him blood but he's also been mentioned before as being his blood son. So who knows.
    It was this ambiguous thing. He seemed to be Aaliya's and adopted by Cable, with various writers going back and forth. This is the first time I see it confirmed like this. Granted, I never followed Genesis that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Though I enjoyed the story I found the ending rather a let down. A third brother is brought in and then by the end everyone agrees to a mind wipe. I do have to wonder just how strong Oracle is that her mid wipe has maintained this long with the number of times that the Summers' boys have been telepathically manipulated. One would think over time that would slip and someone would remember something. Also why would Adam request a memory wipe for himself. Seems he would want to remember what happened so he would know to avoid certain people and cause them to remember who he really is.
    From the last page we can tell that Mr. Sinister knows about Adam and his connection to the Summers but does anyone know who the person that was watching Mr. Sinister was?
    Well, the reason for the mind wipe among them is for their safety. And Adam probably requested it so he never gets a wild hair up his rump to come after the throne. Lilandra literally says - as does Corsair - the whole connection to D'Ken (who was rather insane for power).

And that last page is a reference to another issue - where we see the reverse - Sinister watching Adam, being watched by Erik the Red.

This is a reverse - so it's Erik the Red, watching Sinister, watching Adam. This, I believe is happening a few years later (from when Adam goes back to the farm)

Check out my page where I talk about X-Men #39.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So what happened in issue #2?
    Or was it to boring for a summary?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This was such a fun issue. I love the 90s art style from Brett Booth. And the Summers family dynamics were perfectly done. I admit I'm not a big fan of Adam X. He was very much a product of his time. But these two issues made him likable. He's still kind of goofy, but he fits right in with the Summers family. And I wouldn't mind seeing him come back in some form.
    As someone who got into X-Men in the late 90s, this book was a joyous experience.
    If you ever wanna know more about Adam, I welcome you to check out my site: http://tawmis.com/xtreme/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This sh-t was terrible. We just gonna retcon things into exist and have the characters conveniently have their midns wiped out now?
    Nicieza writes a bad Havok. I was cringing here
    The mind wipe - I'd wager - was not in Fabian's original plans. X-Men Legends #1 and #2, is essentially his original 4 issue LS about Adam - condensed - which would have been released back in the 90s.

So to explain why Scott, Alex, the Shi'ar - and such - don't "know" about Adam - the easiest way to make it fit today is to simply have Oracle wipe those in the "know."

And I love Havok - he was always my preference over Cyclops - and I loved how he was written here.

I just think you and I are destined to disagree (seeing a trend of that in a few threads)
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It always amuses me seeing Rachel & Franklin 1 because she's clearly a closet lesbian & he's a beard, 2 he's currently a whole ass child who should be grown adult at least 20 which he's not so the pairing will never happen.
    She's clearly bisexual. Making her a lesbian would be bi-erasure and that would just be discriminatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    If you ever wanna know more about Adam, I welcome you to check out my site: http://tawmis.com/xtreme/

The mind wipe - I'd wager - was not in Fabian's original plans. X-Men Legends #1 and #2, is essentially his original 4 issue LS about Adam - condensed - which would have been released back in the 90s.

So to explain why Scott, Alex, the Shi'ar - and such - don't "know" about Adam - the easiest way to make it fit today is to simply have Oracle wipe those in the "know."

And I love Havok - he was always my preference over Cyclops - and I loved how he was written here.

I just think you and I are destined to disagree (seeing a trend of that in a few threads)
    29B9811D-E18E-4AF1-8CBF-B6F1D731F585.jpg

Adam has other siblings

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They explain the different coloured connecting lines on the page.
    Ah, okay. Then this is a good example of when it's detrimental to crop to only part of the page.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It was this ambiguous thing. He seemed to be Aaliya's and adopted by Cable, with various writers going back and forth. This is the first time I see it confirmed like this. Granted, I never followed Genesis that much.
    I thought the ambiguity was that Tyler could be Stryfe's son.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Where is Vulcan's bird baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought the ambiguity was that Tyler could be Stryfe's son.
    I think it was very lightly implied that Stryfe had raped Aaliya at some point and Genesis had been the result. I do not know how canonical that was.

Is this the first confirmation we’ve gotten that Ruby is Emma’s future alternate daughter? I think it was always implied but never confirmed by Peter David. Just that she’s the daughter of Scott Summers.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Incredible Member

I think it was very lightly implied that Stryfe had raped Aaliya at some point and Genesis had been the result. I do not know how canonical that was.
    There was some throwaway line by Stryfe that was something like "I took your wife" - which... yeah... really hoping that's not the case.

Here's the quote from Cable #63, as Stryfe telekinetically attacks Cable and Big Nate: "Look at the two of you, cowering like children. Your wife, Dayspring, cowered like this the night I took her. Ah, how sweet Aliya struggled."

Cable then has a violent reaction and vows to make Stryfe pay... so yeah, unfortuantely he probably did. But the implication never was that Tyler was Stryfe's son, that was just something else that came of that quote to which fans used to correct Cable acting like an ass regarding Tyler being his son.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 03-31-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    She's clearly bisexual. Making her a lesbian would be bi-erasure and that would just be discriminatory.
    Indeed. But, y'know, bi-erasure happens...

[Also, why is she listed as Rachel Grey on the timeline? She's back to calling herself Rachel Summers now]

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    There was some throwaway line by Stryfe that was something like "I took your wife" - which... yeah... really hoping that's not the case.

Here's the quote from Cable #63, as Stryfe telekinetically attacks Cable and Big Nate: "Look at the two of you, cowering like children. Your wife, Dayspring, cowered like this the night I took her. Ah, how sweet Aliya struggled."

Cable then has a violent reaction and vows to make Stryfe pay... so yeah, unfortuantely he probably did. But the implication never was that Tyler was Stryfe's son, that was just something else that came of that quote to which fans used to correct Cable acting like an ass regarding Tyler being his son.
    Och, that is not what I would call "implied". I remembered it being less overt. The rape refference I mean. But yes, at the time, I understood that as an explanation of all the weirdness around Genesis and Cable: as Stryfe was a clone, Genesis was his son but also not.
    But that was unnecesary, and Genesis being just the biological son of Cable is easier. Aaliya was already dead on arrival, no need to saddle her with that.