Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

With all of the crap that people like to pile on the 90's era writers Nicieza wrote two really fun issues that actually added much needed info.

I also was not expecting Data Pages - that's pretty awesome because in my eyes it adds legitimacy to the 90's stories

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    The mind wipe - I'd wager - was not in Fabian's original plans. X-Men Legends #1 and #2, is essentially his original 4 issue LS about Adam - condensed - which would have been released back in the 90s.

So to explain why Scott, Alex, the Shi'ar - and such - don't "know" about Adam - the easiest way to make it fit today is to simply have Oracle wipe those in the "know."
    That's what I figured too - they needed a way to wrap this neatly in a way to explain how this can be canon yet not addressed by the brothers since that time. I wonder if Fabian decided this on his own or if editorial suggested, but it ends up being a bit of a shame. Years earlier (in historical sequence), Professor X mindwipes your memory of your brother Gabriel; then Oracle mindwipes your memory of your brother Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Attachment 107943

Adam has other siblings
    LOL - I don't think I would count on them showing up any time soon. Adam does say that D'Ken's followers destroyed all evidence of his immoral activities (I presume that would include his eugenics program), but Jonath rescues him as the lab was being destroyed. I do think it's meant to parallel the AOA Secret Wars universe; Adam escaped Dark Beast's lab where he was conceived in but Eve, Cain and Abel perished there. Personally I'm happy with the current set of four brothers and don't think they need to uncover any more siblings lol.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    That's what I figured too - they needed a way to wrap this neatly in a way to explain how this can be canon yet not addressed by the brothers since that time. I wonder if Fabian decided this on his own or if editorial suggested, but it ends up being a bit of a shame. Years earlier (in historical sequence), Professor X mindwipes your memory of your brother Gabriel; then Oracle mindwipes your memory of your brother Adam.

LOL - I don't think I would count on them showing up any time soon. Adam does say that D'Ken's followers destroyed all evidence of his immoral activities (I presume that would include his eugenics program), but Jonath rescues him as the lab was being destroyed. I do think it's meant to parallel the AOA Secret Wars universe; Adam escaped Dark Beast's lab where he was conceived in but Eve, Cain and Abel perished there. Personally I'm happy with the current set of four brothers and don't think they need to uncover any more siblings lol.

94DC4C37-D0D2-48DD-81ED-820918E2FB4C.jpg

If you listen to cerebro podcast my fan question gets answer Eve Cain and Abel

Mighty Member

Was the original plan to have Dken rape Katherine which would be more logical than 'culled cell samples' from Katherine.

Katherine was his prisoner so this doesn't make sense.

I think this is just to please some fans....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

No Major X? Good!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's clear that what they are saying if your particular future kid/relative is not on the chart that means that they are not canon across all timelines and universes. It doesn't mean that they won't show up or be created it just means that the ones are the chart are going to happen 100% at some point.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

94DC4C37-D0D2-48DD-81ED-820918E2FB4C.jpg

This podcast is so amazing the interview with Nicieza is so good; it made me really appreciate him as a creator/writer

Yup, I listened to the podcast. He left it appropriately vague lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Was the original plan to have Dken rape Katherine which would be more logical than 'culled cell samples' from Katherine.

Fabian also stated in the podcast (and has also been consistent in interviews over the years) that Adam was always a product of genetic manipulation. Neither Fabian nor Bob Harris (editor at the time) wanted that treatment of Katherine. Katherine was already forced to be part of D'Ken's harem, but they didn't want Adam to be a direct product of that. It's not unprecedented for the Shi'ar >> Xandar is a product of Lilandra and Charles from their "culled cells", years after their deaths. Unfortunately because that story got left untold, much assumption of Adam's conception in part probably sullied Adam's fan appeal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you think of this Summers Family Tree? Do you think that members are still missing?

It like other Summers Family Tree(s) this one is woefully flawed thus, irrelevant to me. Also, Adam Neramani is not a Summers
    Last edited by Micabe; 04-01-2021 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    No Major X? Good!
    Who??? 10char

The Vulcan retcon makes that impossible
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-01-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Eric the Red, literally hints that Adam was "made" to rule the Shi'ar throne. This was back in the pages of Captain Marvel (#3).

It was pretty clear, even back in the 90s - that some type of genetic tampering was done.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    The mind wipe - I'd wager - was not in Fabian's original plans. X-Men Legends #1 and #2, is essentially his original 4 issue LS about Adam - condensed - which would have been released back in the 90s.

So to explain why Scott, Alex, the Shi'ar - and such - don't "know" about Adam - the easiest way to make it fit today is to simply have Oracle wipe those in the "know."

I take back what I said. I've been revisiting a bunch of press/interviews Fabian did leading up to X-Men Legends, and in an interview he did with the Comic Lounge last month (and it's posted on YouTube) he stated "...it actually ends exactly the way I always originally planned it to end" which I assume includes the mind wipe. That makes it really curious to me then - we know that he did pitch his Adam X 4-issue mini-series 25+ years ago where he probably had to provide his outline, so how much of those story elements directly found its way to Deadly Genesis? Adam, gestated in a lab, is sought after zealously by Erik the Red, only to have memory of Adam wiped by Oracle, as he renounces his claim to the Shi'ar throne as D'Ken's son; Gabriel, placed in an incubation chamber, is sent to earth to serve as a slave for Erik the Red, only to have memory of Gabriel wiped by Professor X, though Gabriel would later claim the Shi'ar throne for himself, assassinating D'Ken himself (likely because Brubaker believed he was definitively solving the story of the "third brother" and wasn't thinking of Adam's potential return at the time). But it makes Gabriel and Adam very weirdly connected - should make for interesting family dinners!!

I take back what I said. I've been revisiting a bunch of press/interviews Fabian did leading up to X-Men Legends, and in an interview he did with the Comic Lounge last month (and it's posted on YouTube) he stated "...it actually ends exactly the way I always originally planned it to end" which I assume includes the mind wipe. That makes it really curious to me then - we know that he did pitch his Adam X 4-issue mini-series 25+ years ago where he probably had to provide his outline, so how much of those story elements directly found its way to Deadly Genesis? Adam, gestated in a lab, is sought after zealously by Erik the Red, only to have memory of Adam wiped by Oracle, as he renounces his claim to the Shi'ar throne as D'Ken's son; Gabriel, placed in an incubation chamber, is sent to earth to serve as a slave for Erik the Red, only to have memory of Gabriel wiped by Professor X, though Gabriel would later claim the Shi'ar throne for himself, assassinating D'Ken himself (likely because Brubaker believed he was definitively solving the story of the "third brother" and wasn't thinking of Adam's potential return at the time). But it makes Gabriel and Adam very weirdly connected - should make for interesting family dinners!!
    Yup - Mind wipe was always planned (I confirmed that on Twitter with him too) -
    https://twitter.com/AdamXNeramani/st...373312001?s=20

And it is indeed odd that both Adam and Vulcan used the "mind wipe" story - to explain why no one had heard of them.

At least with Adam's - the mind wipes were (except for Eric the Red & the Crystal Claws) willingly accepted.

For Vulcan, they had to turn Xavier into a douche and mind wipe people against their will.

Back in 2018 I did a write up about the mess it required to make Vulcan a thing...

http://tawmis.com/xtreme/archives/203
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you think of this Summers Family Tree? Do you think that members are still missing?

Even if you don’t count Havok/Jan’s daughter or Major X (cable/Storm); isn’t Gabriel and Deathbird’s child in continuity in the present?

Also what happened to Nate and Threnody’s baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Even if you don’t count Havok/Jan’s daughter or Major X (cable/Storm); isn’t Gabriel and Deathbird’s child in continuity in the present?

Also what happened to Nate and Threnody’s baby?

Gabe and deathbird child is canon

Not confirmed to be Nate‘s child but Deadpool killed the child

6A73E07A-B4B8-4DEE-A5A6-F6270F5ED766.jpg