Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    This was a touching issue as much as I hope the Children wipe out Krakoa.
    Lol doubt itll happen but the stories will be great.

Spectacular Member

Hope x23 can learn to love Synch again, or remember her love for him

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Hope x23 can learn to love Synch again, or remember her love for him
    She can't ''remember'' it, it never happened to ''her'', it happened to the original Laura. This one was brought back without any memories. We'll see what will happen if Hickman ever decides to adress this line, he could as well forget about it and write about something else.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    She can't ''remember'' it, it never happened to ''her'', it happened to the original Laura. This one was brought back without any memories. We'll see what will happen if Hickman ever decides to adress this line, he could as well forget about it and write about something else.
    Couldn’t one of the telepaths share his memories with Laura and Darwin? Seems to be away for her to her the memories back from the vault.

The Red Dragon

A good writer knows when to show and when to tell. This issue tried to do so much and there was such a heavy reliance in data pages and charts that it just comes off really cold and flat. The cringey predictable “romance” got an eye roll from me as well.

Best thing was the art.

If he had use text boxes or put in dialogue people would have claim it was too exposition heavy and he need to show more, If he had told story out over 4 or 5 issues people would have said the arc was long and he is wasting space on stuff he could tell in shorter story. At the end of the day somebody would complain about something.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If he had use text boxes or put in dialogue people would have claim it was too exposition heavy and he need to show more, If he had told story out over 4 or 5 issues people would have said the arc was long and he is wasting space on stuff he could tell in shorter story. At the end of the day somebody would complain about something.
    Maybe work on his pacing and not cram everything in a 2 parter into the 2nd part. Or add a 3rd issue if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    A good writer knows when to show and when to tell. This issue tried to do so much and there was such a heavy reliance in data pages and charts that it just comes off really cold and flat. The cringey predictable “romance” got an eye roll from me as well.

Best thing was the art.

"Cold And Flat..." in the world that exists inside of The Vault.

Yeah, that's not a completely logical artistic choice or anything...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Couldn’t one of the telepaths share his memories with Laura and Darwin? Seems to be away for her to her the memories back from the vault.
    The point is they are his memories not hers, I mean yes they share the memories, but that is first of all reviving a husk with someone else's memories which just looks bad for Krakoa, like if they can't find a way to get her own memories ,they should just chill because that is not only super contrived, but is also a slippery slope, once Krakoa goes that route, then the whole process is a sham. There is a tenuous sell already that one husk is as 'original' as the preceding because the memories are transferred, but there is always a time lag and so blindspot in memory logs on the updates so this is just cloning(the vault is impregnegnable to Cerebro anyway so plot rules should stand we can't suddenly negate what was set up for fan service..I digress), but using memories of one identity for another is just disingenuous so they should steer clear of this.I am not against this status quo remaining as some bitter-sweet remnant of an Alzheimer's scenario of the notebook.I mean Joanna didn't get her happy ending after Age of X, why should Everett? Drama makes the story besides, at some point Synch will die too and maybe in his will, he will want a clean slate(500 year plus recall wipe)
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-01-2021 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    .I mean Joanna didn't get her happy ending after Age of X, why should Everett?
    Uhmmm because Laura is single, Cyclops was not there is big difference. Plus there is a real sweet story of a person trying to win over again person who is kinda of your soul mate rather than messy love triangle.

Astonishing Member

Uhmmm because Laura is single, Cyclops was not there is big difference. Plus there is a real sweet story of a person trying to win over again person who is kinda of your soul mate rather than messy love triangle.
    As a big fan of Joanna, I'm not throwing shade or anything like that. I kind of know what you mean but there are two problems that are equivalent to Everett's story. First of all in Age of X for whatever reason Frost was not there (or I don't remember her being at all prominent) yes it was a fake reality , but they spent there what 1000 or 10,000 days? Even spending 3 years plus in that hell hole , fighting every day of your life..means Joanna's story has more in common with Everett than the traditional basic drama he has with Jean or Frost.To say it wasn't real or didn't 'happen' to make it less poignant is just hand waiving by writers ,and I don't really understand why Cyclops dropped the whole experience like it was nothing.Like it looks funny now Joanna who can't be hurt had that experience stay with her( coz of her unrequited feelings, having an escape in that reality no doubt) but Cyke is just like nah that was nothing..Like that is what the writers wanted ,but it was short changing the fans and 2.It may not be worth it for Joanna now that we are on Krakoa, Cyke is pretty comfortable in his new arrangement, but for me the whole open marriage thing feels somewhat hollow because I didn't see the journey to this reality, it just is without any emotional investment or consequences, meaning Joanna though having an opening to explore this drama from an outsider's standpoint, will also be a hollow effort because Cyke's relationships now with Jean or Frost lack the weight they had before for me at least.In Everett's case it is an an extraordinary scenario that cannot be replicated even if Laura has some interest in him, because he lived with and loved her for centuries and yet this Laura cannot feel the same , even if she did like him.Like it's not impossible for him to get a happy ending, but she is not the same Laura so it feels like he is trying read her the last chapter of a long book he wrote, and get the story without reading 98% of the book? It's an uncomfortable scenario meaning a little like Joanna he feels what he feels but she like Cyke won't but unlike Cyke it's not out of an informed choice and stand.At this rate he seems better off just admiring her from afar and leaving her to live this new life without the baggage of being beholden to some timeless love she doesn't know.Like I just feel if the writers hand waved Joanna's story, nothing makes me think Everett will fare better.There is no difference between him and Joanna , unless writers try to explore that relationship by re-treading it.I know imperfect love stories (unrequited love included) pull at the heart strings, so I can sort of get that they are putting this scenario for the drama.So ultimately no harm, but yeah I think to dive a little deeper into both stories would be better even if the dynamics won't change ultimately, but I don't trust the writers to even try.
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-01-2021 at 01:35 AM.

Damned if you do, damned of you don't.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Like I just feel if the writers hand waved Joanna's story, nothing makes me think Everett will fare better.There is no difference between him and Joanna , unless writers try to explore that relationship by re-treading it.I know imperfect love stories (unrequited love included) pull at the heart strings, so I can sort of get that they are putting this scenario for the drama.So ultimately no harm, but yeah I think to dive a little deeper into both stories would be better even if the dynamics won't change ultimately, but I don't trust the writers to even try.
    Of course there is Joanna would be stepping into the biggest relationship in the franchise Jean/Scott, Another really big relationship Emma/Scott. I like Frenzy but her relationship with Scott didn't real add anything to franchise that wasn't already happening. Now course it should have been explored in a good story where at least she got rejected but I can see why writers didn't follow up on it.

If Everett and Laura don't get some follow up it will be because they aren't a book(probably Synch) not because it is messing with biggest relationship in the franchise. You can't compare Cyclops/Frenzy or Jean/Bishop or even Blob/Betsy to this even though that one is more relevant to this subject. It is two characters who could be dating not in relationship and one character isn't a former villain. Out of all them this is the most optimistic base one and can played in many different ways. It is not any of them are less real, It is this one is one that has the least real world and comic politics and where a good relationship can boost both characters profiles.

Now in all honesty this ship shouldn't go anywhere because Everett is mentally a 500 year old man and I will bet money that Laura is going to reverted to be non socially adjusted teen.

Astonishing Member

Of course there is Joanna would be stepping into the biggest relationship in the franchise Jean/Scott, Another really big relationship Emma/Scott. I like Frenzy but her relationship with Scott didn't real add anything to franchise that wasn't already happening. Now course it should have been explored in a good story where at least she got rejected but I can see why writers didn't follow up on it.

If Everett and Laura don't get some follow up it will be because they aren't a book(probably Synch) not because it is messing with biggest relationship in the franchise. You can't compare Cyclops/Frenzy or Jean/Bishop or even Blob/Betsy to this even though that one is more relevant to this subject. It is two characters who could be dating not in relationship and one character isn't a former villain. Out of all them this is the most optimistic base one and can played in many different ways. It is not any of them are less real, It is this one is one that has the least real world and comic politics and where a good relationship can boost both characters profiles.

Now in all honesty this ship shouldn't go anywhere because Everett is mentally a 500 year old man and I will bet money that Laura is going to reverted to be non socially adjusted teen.
    Yes I agree on the last part with Synch being 500 year old mentally, so he better let her be. As for making Jean/ Emma some holy 'cannon' that is the end all and be all, that personally doesn't sit well with me.Just like how unique Everett's relationship was with Laura on a day to day, Cyke's and Joanna's bond forged in the crucible of Age of X, to me is no less valid than countless stories of him and Jean.I mean maybe I'm swimming against the 'accepted' current but yeah just making a relationship inconsequential as a one off (despite that experience being in some ways more heavy than the basic run of the mill life Cyke has with Jean/Emma) kind of upsets me because of nothing but contrivance on the part of the writers, but yeah it's my personal gripe so yeah cool if for others Jean/Emma and Scott are written in the stars.

The woman Synch loved is gone. What remains is a girl with the potential to be her. Or to be someone else who he might not love.

Their love, as it was portrayed, was under very intense, unique and specific circumenstances. In a world, our, with so many more variables it might never start. The odds are against it.

Love is many things but it's also the freedom to love and live as you want. With freedom to live and experience so many different things that the vault never allowed it's highly likely that Laura never exists.