Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's totally mean to Synch, but I kind of prefer the angst of it being unrequited, to the magical telepathy
    Ehhhh he kinda had that already. He just got back from the dead He has a better chance of becoming a stronger char/bigger Xpresence if he does some Feats on his own. Besides most X relationships comes at the cost of one of the characters. Def don't want it happening to my boy Synch and don't want ano chars fandom to start hating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    God no, not that bull.Let him just opt to join the council, now that he's mentally older and likely wiser than all but Exodus on there.Maybe thinking of the big stuff won't make him sweat the on the matters of the heart.
    Nah I want my boy in the ACTION! Lol
    GrindrStone(D)

God no, not that bull.Let him just opt to join the council, now that he's mentally older and likely wiser than all but Exodus on there.Maybe thinking of the big stuff won't make him sweat the on the matters of the heart.
    Being older doesn't mean wiser, especially if you spent decades in the same place, doing the same things with the same concerns.

Anyway, he can't be worse than the resident fanatic, the serial traitor or the eugenic fake mutant.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Being older doesn't mean wiser, especially if you spent decades in the same place, doing the same things with the same concerns.

Anyway, he can't be worse than the resident fanatic, the serial traitor or the eugenic fake mutant.
    In terms of having centuries worth of survival skills, and being battle hardened, he deserves to be on the council.i don't think we should judge wisdom even in the real world based on how widely travelled you are ,sure it opens you to a richer experience but in all cultures any very old person in a community (even one who has lived an entire life in one village) are usually members of councils or tribal/clan leadership structure for this reason. Synch has not logged decades worth of knowledge and perspective but centuries, I say he's earned a council spot to replace Apocalypse at least, and yes he's definitely more trustworthy than the likes of Selene(although I want her on the council as well for the hellfire drama)
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-03-2021 at 09:13 PM.

In terms of having centuries worth of survival skills, and being battle hardened, he deserves to be on the council.i don't think we should judge wisdom even in the real world based on how widely travelled you are ,sure it opens you to a richer experience but in all cultures any very old person in a community (even one who has lived an entire life in one village) are usually members of councils or tribal/clan leadership structure for this reason. Synch has not logged decades worth of knowledge and perspective but centuries, I say he's earned a council spot to replace Apocalypse at least, and yes he's definitely more trustworthy than the likes of Selene(although I want her on the council as well for the hellfire drama)
    What if he’s garnered enough wisdom to understand that the council is a farce and wants to go in the direction of tearing it down?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What if he’s garnered enough wisdom to understand that the council is a farce and wants to go in the direction of tearing it down?
    He would need motive, the only one I can come up with is Xavier planted feelings and thoughts of attraction towards Laura as a ploy because he wanted to send her and him into the vault ,to evolve as post mutants and repopulate the mutant race(as post mutants) in case the mutants fail to overcome their enemies and go extinct.That is a VERY dark tale painting Xavier as a villain.I don't think writers will go this twisted. However from a writing standpoint ,it seems repetitive and wasteful to tell the same story and give the same motivation to two characters Synch and Mystique.So it's unlikely this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

There is also the pstd traume he should have

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There is also the pstd traume he should have
    They scrubbed that away Alá Domino in XForce
    GrindrStone(D)

The council wasnt picked based on people that have good combat and survival skills. Sycnh definitely has alot of experience, but that experience would be best used as a member of the new X-men team, not the QC. He was isolated for 100 years in the vault and very far removed from Krakoa and the world to be of any real use on the QC. He's very ignorant about the politics and doesnt have the proper perspective necessary to be a good choice. If there wer to be someone to represent the younger mutants, a choice like Dani would be more fitting than Synch. He needs to be on a team, not sitting at a chair discussing the government

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The council wasnt picked based on people that have good combat and survival skills. Sycnh definitely has alot of experience, but that experience would be best used as a member of the new X-men team, not the QC. He was isolated for 100 years in the vault and very far removed from Krakoa and the world to be of any real use on the QC. He's very ignorant about the politics and doesnt have the proper perspective necessary to be a good choice. If there wer to be someone to represent the younger mutants, a choice like Dani would be more fitting than Synch. He needs to be on a team, not sitting at a chair discussing the government
    Yeah it's not like I want him not to have any of the action, perhaps ,Krakoa bodyguard instead of Gorgon(I know it's mostly a token title so a captain like Ilyana or Scott fits better, if we want him on the action) I'm kind of trying to put myself in his head, coming out with that much experience ,will he take orders from the likes of Scott and Wolverine? Will he be a team player or only try to go it alone because he feels he's battled worse scenarios or odds? Will he side with Laura over others?(we know her penchant for recklessness)I think in terms of his experience he deserves a council spot, if fans want more action from him, sure I'm game. I figured maybe he's got to be on the council ,not so much because of leadership acumen(though who knows) but as reliable voice for all field teams, he'd be the voice of Krakoa's 'men at arms' on the council, he would help balance the egos on there or liaise with the captains. Maybe this is the only thing some die hard fans won't take well to, a junior like Synch suddenly being at least equal if not higher rank to classic names like Cyke and Wolverine. Speaking of the council, I only trust Exodus and Nightcrawler having Krakoa's interest out front and speaking truth to power, and I'd prefer one more character who knows how to fight for a cause .The rest just have too many secrets and the duplicitous characters need to be balanced with frank ones(ever since the weird game with Shaw and not revealing truth to their peers,I trust none of the ladies even though all but Mystique seemed good fits)
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-05-2021 at 03:02 AM.

One thing that every member of the Council except arguably Kate (who was chosen by Emma) has is a great reputation, good or bad.

Synch has a lot of experience but is not recognized.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's totally mean to Synch, but I kind of prefer the angst of it being unrequited, to the magical telepathy 'Jean has the memories of Madelyne, and her replacement Phoenix doppleganger, and raising Cable as Redd, and teen Jean and somehow 'counts' as all these other women who she ****ing isn't...' BS.
    Although ,I'm not certain, you may find that in some penultimate battle, for example if they have a scenario where the 5 or resurrection protocols are down again and he is inhibited from using his power and is dying or knows he will die, maybe he may ask Laura for permission to have a telepath transfer his memories of their time together to her, before he dies.Though that is again one of those bittersweet but mostly bitter moments.Let's hope it doesn't come to that,but would be a real movie moment there
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-05-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    One thing that every member of the Council except arguably Kate (who was chosen by Emma) has is a great reputation, good or bad.

Synch has a lot of experience but is not recognized.
    id say being a leader is the most important factor, which synch probably didn't actually do for most of the time in the vault anyway if he even did since I feel like laura was probably the leader when they didn't start getting split up.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    They scrubbed that away Alá Domino in XForce
    He still has all memories, so he has all the traumas. Except if Hickman decides to ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    He still has all memories, so he has all the traumas. Except if Hickman decides to ignore it
    Domino and/or Colossus have the memories just not the feelings attached....I think...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    id say being a leader is the most important factor, which synch probably didn't actually do for most of the time in the vault anyway if he even did since I feel like laura was probably the leader when they didn't start getting split up.
    Even if Synch had been the leader, it wouldn't matter, because the other mutants wouldn't have seen him lead. That's what reputation is.