Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

One thing though. We did know Orichis had the children of the vault, those were the people we saw Storm, Cyclops, Magneto and Polaris rescue in an issue of Xmen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And it needed to happen. they had more reason to go into the vault despite the risks than we had to go into say, Iraq.
    Serafina entered the Vault with information about Krakoa in X-Men #4. The Children of the Vault already knew about Krakoa but the mutants knew nothing of the Vault. The only difference if they had not entered would probably have been that the City would have taken longer to create the fourth generation of Children by not having Darwin but the mutants would have no idea what they would be up against.

So, it would have been delaying a problem until it got worse.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

One of the most interesting issues since the run began. Hope Hickman finds his stride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Serafina entered the Vault with information about Krakoa in X-Men #4. The Children of the Vault already knew about Krakoa but the mutants knew nothing of the Vault. The only difference if they had not entered would probably have been that the City would have taken longer to create the fourth generation of Children by not having Darwin but the mutants would have no idea what they would be up against.

So, it would have been delaying a problem until it got worse.
    Especially when this also directly connects to the virus Storm got. This was an absolute necessary mission imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Was I the only 1 bored? After months of waiting this was so lackluster to me.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What was boring exactly? It explained what was going on in the vault and did a good job giving Synch some depth

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It smacks of mental/telepathic manipulation, after she already was deprived of a voice in the development during the story itself.

It's ABSOLUTELY a horrible idea.
    Precisely! Imagine the drama of it all, that would be juicy as hell.

Especially when this also directly connects to the virus Storm got. This was an absolute necessary mission imo.
    In hindsight NOW they know that if they had launched a full invasion in the Vault against the second generation, they would have won, but it is something they know NOW, not before.

I am not feeling the pairing but this issue was really good. Some good building too.

Astonishing Member

I could also see him going up to her and having a real conversation about what he experiened and her wanting to experience it and maybe it being showed to her. Or her wanting to think about it. Or her saying it's not for her and him moving on or it going the other way. a lot of potential that has me excited to see how it actually goes. If it's not picked up by hickman in the future i will be shocked and disappointed. This felt like his most personal take on something he's trying to say about the difference between humans and mutants and relationships and ideas on that.
    Knowing Marvel ,they'll pull off an Age of X move where just like Cyke she'll be like, (instead of it was all a lie or dream , none of it was real) it was another life, unfortunately I don't remember any of it. Get a grip buddy

Perhaps Synch just accepts what happened and moves on. The "Wanting to live for someone" gives me the feeling of something like that, of not being tied to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    What was boring exactly? It explained what was going on in the vault and did a good job giving Synch some depth
    Well for 1 like I said it's been months damn near forgot about this plot, art wasn't all that attention grabbing, I barely know **** about Synch so I didn't particularlycare for POV (but that's on me), & this kind of cameoff like basically they just lived a life in an "Age of Apocalypse" type world for years, now they wanna wipe out mutants feel like it's a set up for another extinction plot, & then they all just die which I'm so sick of how easily characters kick the bucket these days.

Well for 1 like I said it's been months damn near forgot about this plot, art wasn't all that attention grabbing, I barely know **** about Synch so I didn't particularlycare for POV (but that's on me), & this kind of cameoff like basically they just lived a life in an "Age of Apocalypse" type world for years, now they wanna wipe out mutants feel like it's a set up for another extinction plot, & then they all just die which I'm so sick of how easily characters kick the bucket these days.
    "Bad guys want to wipe out mutants" is basically the concept of the franchise. The other half is "bad guys want to wipe out humans".

The Children of the Vault specifically want to do both.

Astonishing Member

It wasn't boring but my problem is how lopsided this issue was , looking at this one issue, the first is either completely irrelevant or worse incredibly thread bare.With so much happening in the second issue, at least as much or more of the recon should have been done in issue one and it should have ended with Darwin's capture, not that nuke blast. Having said that the first issue gave no respect to the CoV at all, even if they were 1st gen.A battle with the second gen conquistador group , to showcase the capture of Darwin could have done more to show the threat level, and proceed from there.It was a good conclusion, but I feel the first part was really poor, so it remains just an ok issue(yet it could have been stellar ,coz definitely they had a great tale , but just didn't tell it as well as they could have imo)

Fantastic Member

Seems a very polarizing issue. I loved it. The way it played out has so much potential for both sides, plus ambiguous deaths can lead to some revival shenanigans. Was hoping old Laura would make it out alive, the design intrigued me. I couldn't decide while reading if I wanted that change to stick.

The only issue I had was that Synch apparently escapes the vault for a week...why not contact xavier and have a backup done to get some of the info then? And how long can he hold powers?

It also seems like there would be a lot of information for Xavier to backup and not much time...it would be interesting if Synch had gaps in his memory, where Xavier copied as much as he could but couldn't get it all.

Buy both those gripes are revival mechanic based, which I know means I'm just supposed to accept it and move on, so I will.