Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    One thing that every member of the Council except arguably Kate (who was chosen by Emma) has is a great reputation, good or bad.

Synch has a lot of experience but is not recognized.
    The mission was also likely secret, so it's not that the population would know of what he did yet and lost for the mission.

However from what we can see so far, i'm not sure reputation or even leading ability are the main reason for someone being chosen for the council, which is a sham anyway.

The main qualities as far as i can see it are nepotism (Storm, Emma, Kitty, Jean, Nightcrawler) and realpolitik (Apocalypse, Exodus, Mystique, Shaw, Sinister), with Xavier and Magneto being there because they are the de-facto leaders anyway and Krakoa because... well obvious.

Though with that in mind Everett could make it to the Council, but only if either of the above reasons is big enough for him to be thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The mission was also likely secret, so it's not that the population would know of what he did yet and lost for the mission.

However from what we can see so far, i'm not sure reputation or even leading ability are the main reason for someone being chosen for the council, which is a sham anyway.

The main qualities as far as i can see it are nepotism (Storm, Emma, Kitty, Jean, Nightcrawler) and realpolitik (Apocalypse, Exodus, Mystique, Shaw, Sinister), with Xavier and Magneto being there because they are the de-facto leaders anyway and Krakoa because... well obvious.

Though with that in mind Everett could make it to the Council, but only if either of the above reasons is big enough for him to be thrown in.
    Just had an odd thought. I would like to see Magneto make a move to approach Synch with the intention of grooming him to be a prominent leader/influencer amongst the island. Taking stock of the experience Everett had as an avenue to low key start his own covert faction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Just had an odd thought. I would like to see Magneto make a move to approach Synch with the intention of grooming him to be a prominent leader/influencer amongst the island. Taking stock of the experience Everett had as an avenue to low key start his own covert faction.
    Agree, the only thing is, Magneto has been getting a lot of panel time since Hickman ,took over yet my boy Exodus is missing , like seriously he would be the perfect candidate for what you are saying(being an ancient warrior himself).I kind of wanted a special mutant squad answering expressly to Exodus. The whole council is playing games and being duplicitous. I trust Exodus only, by now he should not be satisfied with the blunders of X-Force under Beast , Hellions resurrecting problems for themselves in Amenth or Xavier losing Darwin to the vault.I want Exodus to do his own recruitment to keep everyone in line. This is getting serious and Synch looks the perfect soldier to do what it takes ,while others clown around.

Extraordinary Member

IMO, it makes the most sense for Emma to reacquaint herself with Synch. He was literally her student.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    IMO, it makes the most sense for Emma to reacquaint herself with Synch. He was literally her student.
    Yeah, but the type of shenanigans that she is into are sus! I could settle for the suggestion of Exodus though. Heck that could change the whole perception of Exodus that most of us have now, and would allow the further sight into what his motivations are. Having a mentor/partner like Exodus would make for interesting development to Synch that could play up his experience in the Vault.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but the type of shenanigans that she is into are sus! I could settle for the suggestion of Exodus though. Heck that could change the whole perception of Exodus that most of us have now, and would allow the further sight into what his motivations are. Having a mentor/partner like Exodus would make for interesting development to Synch that could play up his experience in the Vault.
    You make great points. Perhaps Synch could further humanize Exodus. Now that I think about it, Exodus is far older than he looks. That could blossom into an unexpected, yet totally interesting bromance.

Ultimate Member

Exodus has great power, but really seems to need someone with vision to glom onto. He's a knight, not a king, and he'll happily take up the sword, but kind of needs someone to point him at who or what needs stabbing (or defending).

It would be an interesting twist if, after all these years, Synch recognizes that the man, for all his power and position, just needs direction and steps up to 'serve' him while more or less giving him direction and being the power behind the throne.

Synch should replace Gorgon as one of Krakoa's Great Captains

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Exodus has great power, but really seems to need someone with vision to glom onto. He's a knight, not a king, and he'll happily take up the sword, but kind of needs someone to point him at who or what needs stabbing (or defending).

It would be an interesting twist if, after all these years, Synch recognizes that the man, for all his power and position, just needs direction and steps up to 'serve' him while more or less giving him direction and being the power behind the throne.
    Agree in a way because ,Exodus always seems to beat the drum for others, never himself.So yes Synch could definitely open his perspective maybe, but I don't want Synch to be written like Cortez, more like some trusted confidante ,so that you have them play off each other. Maybe they can follow the Vault model ,not exactly but push for more mutants being resurrected with more powers, feeling that for the survival of the race, there needs to be flexibility and learning how to use newer powers than one's own.It would be like training a warrior in use of many weapons instead of one.I would love for this story to be explored with Exodus and Synch themselves having several abilities and trying to engender that in their comrades. It would be a new angle on a Krakoan council member's intentions being a little too Avant Garde and getting pushback and how Exodus negotiates that (either overtly or running some programme with Synch in secret,let's say if they don't have the five's approval they use a power enhancing or transferring mutant to do this with living volunteers)So in life X we have Synch and Exodus leading the push for a chimera programme (not Sinister) and we deal with the repercussions down the line
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-09-2021 at 01:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Agree in a way because, Exodus always seems to beat the drum for others, never himself. So yes Synch could definitely open his perspective maybe, but I don't want Synch to be written like Cortez, more like some trusted confidante, so that you have them play off each other.
    Oh, total agreement there. We've already got one Cortez too many. I was thinking more of a situation like in the TV show the Expanse, where one of the characters comes to the realization that, left to his own devices, he makes terrible choices, but by partnering up with someone whose moral compass is more functional, he can use his skills on people that deserve them.

I think it would be interesting if Exodus recognizes this about himself. That he's a big damn gun, but doesn't always have the best ideas about where to point it. And left to his own devices, he can all too readily fall under the sway of a dick like Cortez, or Sinister, or any of dozens of sketchy (and / or charismatic) mutants creeping about Krakoa. He's a fairly awesome telepath, and might recognize in Synch, post-Vault, that here is someone who has been through hell, and come out more or less 'okay,' and might serve as a stabilizing factor. They can kind of feed off of each other. (And hanging out with Exodus opens up an Omega level telekinetic potential for him to mimic! Which could be a plus for both of them, as Synch standing at his side essentially doubles his power level, for when truly *big* projects are called for, like constructing buildings.)

Maybe they can follow the Vault model ,not exactly but push for more mutants being resurrected with more powers, feeling that for the survival of the race, there needs to be flexibility and learning how to use newer powers than one's own. It would be like training a warrior in use of many weapons instead of one. I would love for this story to be explored with Exodus and Synch themselves having several abilities and trying to engender that in their comrades. It would be a new angle on a Krakoan council member's intentions being a little too Avant Garde and getting pushback and how Exodus negotiates that (either overtly or running some programme with Synch in secret, let's say if they don't have the five's approval they use a power enhancing or transferring mutant to do this with living volunteers) So in life X we have Synch and Exodus leading the push for a chimera programme (not Sinister) and we deal with the repercussions down the line
    Synch is part of a fairly small clique of mutants whose powers are 'meta,' affecting mutant power itself. People like Hope, Mimic, Rogue, Boost, Chance, Cortez (boo!), Leech, Avenger X/Cressida, Scrambler, Sage, etc. can modify, enhance, negate or duplicate the mutant powers of others, as their primary power, which is an interesting niche and one that could certainly use some exploration.

They kind of *are* 'mutant technology,' by their very nature, and yet also dependent upon other mutants to fully function.

You guys grew the heck out of one basic premise! One more idea to throw in. What if the two of them determined to go back into The Vault to "tame it"? Either the 2 of them, or they gather a small group consisting of some of mutants you guys mentioned. Synch might have the underlying goal of seeking closure for his 2 comrades.

You guys grew the heck out of one basic premise! One more idea to throw in. What if the two of them determined to go back into The Vault to "tame it"? Either the 2 of them, or they gather a small group consisting of some of mutants you guys mentioned. Synch might have the underlying goal of seeking closure for his 2 comrades.
    Im trying to figure out how different the vault is from the world because Storm should be able to wreck that place if she was able to get inside.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Im trying to figure out how different the vault is from the world because Storm should be able to wreck that place if she was able to get inside.
    Ya know, that actually is a question I have been wondering. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Synch noted that the city healed and upgraded along with the children right? For as powerful as The Vault seems to be would it be vulnerable to a single omega level mutants power? I ask that cause if Synch was able "acquire" the power of a few more powerful CoTV members wouldn't he be able to bring it all down then, in theory?

Ya know, that actually is a question I have been wondering. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Synch noted that the city healed and upgraded along with the children right? For as powerful as The Vault seems to be would it be vulnerable to a single omega level mutants power? I ask that cause if Synch was able "acquire" the power of a few more powerful CoTV members wouldn't he be able to bring it all down then, in theory?
    Really would depend on the powers. The reason i think storm would stand a chance is because as you say the city itself heals and upgrades and that is part of the enviornment of the vault. Storm could potentially "poison" that environment by altering it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really would depend on the powers. The reason i think storm would stand a chance is because as you say the city itself heals and upgrades and that is part of the enviornment of the vault. Storm could potentially "poison" that environment by altering it.
    Not to be a party pooper , but as a huge CoV fan myself, I don't think Storm could bring the vault down,I don't think it works on purely hardware that can be fried.It seems to heal from a complete nuclear detonation, meaning it can probably reconstitute itself at quantum level.Or it may be that as long as any part of it is not destroyed , even bits of it out of the blast radius reconstitute themselves.I mean they sent in Darwin,X23,and Synch ,nigh unkillable mutants and it still depowered them all eventually and repurposed Darwin.So perhaps anything short of a Braddock or Franklin in there won't work. The vault may be working on laws and principles that go beyond what's on earth so I think they remain a long term threat, but sure now that Synch knows some weaknesses, it could be foiled but I'm not sure if it can be entirely shut down, but let's wait and see.