Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This issue seems to largely encapsulate the contrary (extreme) reaction to the Krakoa era. hahaha.

Half are "LOVE IT 10/10" while the other half are "FILTH. Kindle for my fireplace!"
    The other half is just Bore-ra stans. They don’t count.

One of the best issues of x-men in a long time. Covered an enormous amount of ground in 22 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I don't think either Laura or Darwin need the memories but didn't Moira do the same thing to Xavier?
    Yes/No. The information Moira was giving to Xavier was to show him what the future would be like and to use that knowledge to take a path that was different than before. That's a lot different than Synch giving Laura memories to try to get her to have the same emotional state as the Laura he was in the vault with.

The equal comparisons would be:
    Moira giving information of previous lives to Xavier and Synch giving his memories to Xavier of the Vault. Both of these are using knowledge in order to gather intel in order to proceed in the best possible manner.
    Moira using her experience from previous lives to manipulate Xavier/Magneto/Apocalypse and Synch giving his memories to Laura. Both of these are using knowledge in order to mentally and emotionally manipulate people to achieve Moira/Synch's personal goal(s).

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I could also see him going up to her and having a real conversation about what he experiened and her wanting to experience it and maybe it being showed to her. Or her wanting to think about it. Or her saying it's not for her and him moving on or it going the other way. a lot of potential that has me excited to see how it actually goes. If it's not picked up by hickman in the future i will be shocked and disappointed. This felt like his most personal take on something he's trying to say about the difference between humans and mutants and relationships and ideas on that.
    Thanks, I was just wondering if someone else had the ability to think outside the box instead of some fanboy acolyte! Yes there's plenty to bite into and write good stories from where we could see 2 good characters ascend to a higher level importance. However if the other writers have the same thoughts and intentions as some in this thread, they will only see this as female Jr. Wolverine and ugh! Some black guy.

This issue seems to largely encapsulate the contrary (extreme) reaction to the Krakoa era. hahaha.

Half are "LOVE IT 10/10" while the other half are "FILTH. Kindle for my fireplace!"
    I wouldn't say all that I just feel after months of suspense it wasn't all that don't get why everyone seems to think it was just so spectacular it was aight.

Mighty Member

My feelings for this aren't that extreme. This isn't like the 3 back to back Apocalypse and Arrako backstory chapters. I'm mostly just annoyed at how it was paced which kinda derrides any enjoyment i could have gotten from this. If it was like dedicated like 4 or 5 issues.

Thought this was pretty cool. Not much character development except for Synch, but as a story ya pretty cool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    They should have just left Laura’s arm. Wouldn’t Darwin’s powers just unconsciously adapt so that his limb couldn’t be severed anyway? Loved the art and the story but that’s bothering me. Also, has Everett had a reunion with Monet yet? I know creators don’t have a lot of time to depict every emotional meeting but I’m dying to see it.
    Now that I think of it, wouldn't leaving Synch's arm be the best of all? You don't give the Vault access to Darwin's evolutionary powers, and Synch can just use Laura's regen to get his arm back.

This issue epitomizes Hickman's best and worst traits as a writer. Brilliant, symmetrical plot structure, full of clever sci-fi concept, told in a cold, analytical, list-like format, with a clunky understanding of emotion.

I'm glad that he's refocusing on the core theme of the transhumanist threat and Orichis, but damn. And they still couldn't manage a single decent aura shot for Ev.... how 90's digital colorist still better than colorist today? Make it makes sense.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Such a dull issue. Not invested at all in the developments in it.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Now that I think of it, wouldn't leaving Synch's arm be the best of all? You don't give the Vault access to Darwin's evolutionary powers, and Synch can just use Laura's regen to get his arm back.
    I have looked at it again and Synch is hestiant of doing it and Darwin is the one who offers himself for it.

A mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Synch's mutagenic DNA could have been just as useful to the CotV's evolution as Darwin's was. X23's would have been the least novel; they already have regeneration tech.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm a bit sad Serafina lost her ponytail to become bald in her third update

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This issue epitomizes Hickman's best and worst traits as a writer. Brilliant, symmetrical plot structure, full of clever sci-fi concept, told in a cold, analytical, list-like format, with a clunky understanding of emotion.
    Hehe It sure seems that way. Some years ago I would have stated he was a typical left brain person

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Considering the three of them were synced together, The Vault would've figured out Darwin's power no matter who lost their limb.
    "Cable was right!"