Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So Cyclops f**ked up because he sent the key for the Vault Children's evolution straight to them. I also assume that the machine they used on Darwin killed him. I also thought the barrier de-aged Synch since it mostly took away his beard.

I wish the data pages were actually art pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I'm worryed how they handle synch and laura going forward. I could see him trying get her back coming off as very forced, general fear of romance being used to sideline a female character and take there agency away included.
    Either this never comes up again or this is the new Smasher/Cannonball.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This has been excellent. I did not know Synch previously and in three issues I have already become fond of him.

Also, very smart that he keep the memories. Laura and Darwin have too much recent history to add a hundred years of memories but Synch, who was practically a blank canvas after so many years dead, gives an interesting introspection.
    Spot on. And he has also returned with a few ideas on how to combat one of the biggest looming threats to mutants now that they have stage 4 via using Darwin. Synch has gone from off the board to one of the most important players in this era in three issues. If i was to choose a character that is hickman vantage point, surprisingly after this issue it is synch. Someone who hid in humanity, spent centuries in a post human world and never really got to experience mutantdom because he was cut down too early. He gave him knowledge, upgraded his powers and gave him heart in 3 issues.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So Cyclops f**ked up because he sent the key for the Vault Children's evolution straight to them. I also assume that the machine they used on Darwin killed him. I also thought the barrier de-aged Synch since it mostly took away his beard.

I think it was the fire that burned his beard away?

Also how he remembers everything on the fautlt, when the bak up was before it? or they made the back up just after he got out? That would be very dumb.

Smasher/cannonball was so forced, really quick they were married. They didn't even knew each other
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-31-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Could be worse imagin if they rembered laura still had access to the unipower, or that they had several mutants who can learn a objects history by touching it thus making the entire expedition pointless.

Also I hated that that paring took cannonball away for years. I hate when relationships are used to sideline characters, its screams that thr writer just isn't creative enough to do anything

These data pages pack a ton of exposition and events into just a few pages.

Without data pages this story would have lasted twice as long and would have been too slow.

Could be worse imagin if they rembered laura still had access to the unipower, or that they had several mutants who can learn a objects history by touching it thus making the entire expedition pointless.

Also I hated that that paring took cannonball away for years. I hate when relationships are used to sideline characters, its screams that thr writer just isn't creative enough to do anything
    But Cannonball was in New Avengers and USAvengers.

Mighty Member

But that relationship didn't sideline cannonball. He was very active during that entire thing. Contrived and random, sure. But him marrying her didn't put him out of action... until this era where it did.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    But that relationship didn't sideline cannonball. He was very active during that entire thing. Contrived and random, sure. But him marrying her didn't put him out of action... until this era where it did.
    He was out of comics for a long time after Hickman ended his run on avengers. he returned on Brisson X-force

Mighty Member

These data pages pack a ton of exposition and events into just a few pages.

Without data pages this story would have lasted twice as long and would have been too slow.
    See, you're on the opposite end of me, where I think this story is so fast that i don't care about it.

My favorite issue since the Crucible. I truly hope Ev continues to shine and gets chosen to be on the X-Men at the Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think it was the fire that burned his beard away?

Also how he remembers everything on the fautlt, when the bak up was before it? or they made the back up just after he got out? That would be very dumb.

Smasher/cannonball was so forced, really quick they were married. They didn't even knew each other
    Synch died. They killed him right outside the vault door. He was able to contact Xavier as soon as he got out and luckily Xavier was listening so he got all the info right before they killed him. That is also why Synch is shown hatching first.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    He was out of comics for a long time after Hickman ended his run on avengers. he returned on Brisson X-force
    No, he explicitly was not. he might have been out of comics you read but he definitely was not out of comics.

Loved this one a lot. Really well-executed Sci-fi concept. Poor Darwin though, having to endure hundreds of years as the third wheel lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    See, you're on the opposite end of me, where I think this story is so fast that i don't care about it.
    I think dedicating four or five issues to the story would have become tedious. It would have been Remender's Captain America, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Synch died. They killed him right outside the vault door. He was able to contact Xavier as soon as he got out and luckily Xavier was listening so he got all the info right before they killed him. That is also why Synch is shown hatching first.
    Alright, Xavier was fast then to do the back up. he mistake is not using a old back up to put on Synch and use the cerebro to look the memories. So now they have a trojan horse

Mighty Member

I think dedicating four or five issues to the story would have become tedious. It would have been Remender's Captain America, actually.
    I... don't mind that?