Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

The problem is that Darwin was the only one who could guarantee that the mission would be successful. Synch comments that he and Laura are practically his assistants. They were extremely lucky that Synch mutation evolved and worked with something other than mutants.

So, it was a mistake but they didn't have many other options.

A lot of big info was in the data pages, particularly in regards to future threats:
    -Orchis has access to the second gen bodies of the Children of the Vault which is absolutely going to help elevate them as a threat along with Nimrod’s looming activation
    -The Vault was able to progress from third gen Children to fourth gen Children thanks to Darwin’s DNA
    -Synch has all his memories and his experience makes him the natural choice to take point on how to deal with both Orchis and the Vault, it will be disappointing if he’s not on the X-Men team

Pretty good issue but I agree that we really didn’t need to wait so long to return to what happened in the Vault.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nope. I was hoping we saw Cadena and Liz.

The wait for this story has been long but in my opinion, it is difficult to know how long it would have feel without a pandemic, it was a break of months. In that sense, I can't be too harsh about it.

I thought that he resurrected in the body of the future.
    Krakoa also allows youth forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It ain’t the worst idea. I think Laura and Darwin would be at least a bit curious to see what went on in there.
    It smacks of mental/telepathic manipulation, after she already was deprived of a voice in the development during the story itself.

It's ABSOLUTELY a horrible idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The wait for this story has been long but in my opinion, it is difficult to know how long it would have feel without a pandemic, it was a break of months. In that sense, I can't be too harsh about it.
    They went into the vault in issue 5. If you take out the gap on the issues that were delayed due to Covid it STILL would have been a year before this plot was picked up (#5 dropped in January 2020. If the schedule remained the same otherwise, without the delay #18 would have released January 2021).

Spectacular Member

It was a good issue for completing the story that it told. The problem for me was that I knew the ending before starting the issue and that always makes the read less interesting. You knew at the start of last issue that Synch was the only one who made it out as he was the one recalling the mission. Since you knew that he escaped, you knew the mission was a success and the other two didn't make it. Learning when/how Wolverine and Darwin died was the only high points.

Am curious just what knowledge Synch learned that will help the X-Men defeat the Children in the future. All he knows is that the fourth generation of Children will have acquired some improvements given by Darwin's DNA being added to the mix. He never actually encountered the 4th generation so he has no idea of their power sets or their weaknesses. Does Darwin even have a weakness?

As for the potential relationship between him and Laura it is tragic that he is the only one to remember. I wish him the best and hope he is patient enough to win her over but I fear he will be too eager and initially scare Laura off. Was a nice touch to have the last scene of Issue 19 being the exact way the two started the mission in Issue 18.

Does the print version have the “Next” page? It’s missing in Comixology.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So... didn't this venture just make the whole situation worse? According to the data pages, if no one came into the Vault, the CoV would have been working on Pre-Krakoa info and would have gotten squashed.
    yup, x-men screwed up BIG lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They went into the vault in issue 5. If you take out the gap on the issues that were delayed due to Covid it STILL would have been a year before this plot was picked up (#5 dropped in January 2020. If the schedule remained the same otherwise, without the delay #18 would have released January 2021).
    So, pretty normal for Hickman or anyone with a similar approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It smacks of mental/telepathic manipulation, after she already was deprived of a voice in the development during the story itself.

It's ABSOLUTELY a horrible idea.
    This.

A future issue in one of the comics can have them sit down and talk to each other about his experiences but I'm not even sure that is necessary.

This story is the equivalent of character a going to a timeline where they are married to character b. But in their native timeline they have little to no interaction with each other. Sure you can try to write a storyline about the two falling in love but Rezzed Laura is a different person from Vault Laura. Rezzed Laura will never have those experiences (and you can't force them on her either) and Synch might come to realize that he has feelings for her just because she was the only non-hostile woman he was around for 500 years or maybe its not feelings of romantic love but familial love. There's plenty of other story opportunities that can be explored to help flesh Synch out aside from "Synch and Laura fall in love". Especially when the falling in love story reduces Laura to just an object of his affection he needs to win. Had Hickman let them both keep their memories and then they go abck to Krakoa in younger bodies a love story would be more interesting because it would be about them both trying to adjust to a world that only had months past while they were gone for 500 years.

Either way he needs to just relax on the island with other people for a while and sort stuff out cause being in that Vault for 500 years is an incredibly long time just being around three people.
    Last edited by JamJams; 03-31-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    yup, x-men screwed up BIG lol
    The situation is not that simple. The Children of the Vault are now more powerful but now the mutants know what they are up against.

The Children gained power but the mutants gained knowledge. Yeah, the Children now have better powers but Synch knows exactly how The Vault and the City works.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The situation is not that simple. The Children of the Vault are now more powerful but now the mutants know what they are up against.

The Children gained power but the mutants gained knowledge. Yeah, the Children now have better powers but Synch knows exactly how The Vault and the City works.
    And it needed to happen. they had more reason to go into the vault despite the risks than we had to go into say, Iraq.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I was so bored while reading this.