Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Considering the three of them were synced together, The Vault would've figured out Darwin's power no matter who lost their limb.
    To be fair, just their normal skin flakes should have been leaving a trail of DNA samples, let alone their refuse. Darwin's 'bio chaff' may have masked them from passive detection, but thorough forensics could have found some dandruff/hair. A whole limb just was more obvious I guess.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This issue epitomizes Hickman's best and worst traits as a writer. Brilliant, symmetrical plot structure, full of clever sci-fi concept, told in a cold, analytical, list-like format, with a clunky understanding of emotion.

I'm glad that he's refocusing on the core theme of the transhumanist threat and Orichis, but damn. And they still couldn't manage a single decent aura shot for Ev.... how 90's digital colorist still better than colorist today? Make it makes sense.
    Interesting sci-fi beats, not very good on the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    One of the best issues so far. LOVE.
    Same. I found it absolutely beautiful and it kept me guessing throughout. It's going to be very interesting to see what's done with all the knowledge Everett has.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same. I found it absolutely beautiful and it kept me guessing throughout. It's going to be very interesting to see what's done with all the knowledge Everett has.
    And hickman made Everetty a jack of all trades. He was building equipment. His powers evolved. Like Hickman really did that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

In a perfect world, Hickman would write every X-Book. This was glorious. And equally horrifying.

This is what you get from a good writer, The highs are sky-high, The lows are average. It is fine if you don't like Hickman apparently I am learning good isn't universal for everyone but the best of his stuff for people who do like his good stuff is energizing. This about the 4th or 5th X-men comic from Hickman that could be made into a movie that I want to see. Even better this run would be good as a TV show this run would kill as a TV show. An adult focus X-men cartoon on this era would fine as well.

Fantastic Member

I'm also curious if them all being captured will have some significance, or if that was just to keep the story going. I get the children killing them as they are escaping the vault, but why keep them all in cells the first time they trapped them?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    I'm also curious if them all being captured will have some significance, or if that was just to keep the story going. I get the children killing them as they are escaping the vault, but why keep them all in cells the first time they trapped them?
    Studying there powers. Synch and Darwin are basically each a half of nimrod and laura healing factor is stronger the logans.

Also now word on how the bathroom worked their or if robot people needed to poop. Giving the context i assume they just light themselves on fire to clean them selves

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was such a beautiful issue, definitely in my top 5 Hickman-written from X-Men. I loved how he explained things neatly, methodically, threw around a lot of cool concepts but also took the time to flesh out Everett who frankly I've never loved in Generation X but who I can't wait to see more of now.

And that beautiful, tragic ending with a boy who's really more than 100 years old who found the love of his life only for her to forever lose her memory of the century they spent together? That damn-near brought a tear to my eye.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

This was a touching issue as much as I hope the Children wipe out Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Of course Laura's uniform is reduced to hotpants and top while Synch and Darwin both managed to retain most of their uniforms. One of the secret laws of super hero comic universes in action. Guess Wolverine would be bare chested and in loincloth at this point too though.

Also while i know casual large scale time passing is normal in sci-fi and fantasy, i have to wonder what they actualy did each day those 365000 days they spend in the Vault, considering it's an enclosed environment, entirely controlled by the enemy, who should know at any point where they are. So no place to rest, no place to eat and drink proper food, no place to hide.

Feels a bit like a randomly large passing of time, just for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-31-2021 at 02:19 PM.

This was a pretty good read. I really do like what Hickman is doing with the Children of the Vault, and I'm both excited and tired that the CotV story isn't over. Before this issue came out, and I saw next month's solicit, I was surprised Hickman would wrap up the CotV so fast, so I'm excited to see what's ahead. On the other hand, I'm tired of 80% of Hickman's issues being set up for something else.

I also feel like issue #18 was a waste, issue #19 should have been issue #18 instead, specially if it was just gonna be more setup. Either that, or both should have done in the style of this issue, so we got more info.

Why didn't they just tunnel their way out? If Synch managed to get out of the temporal shield, shouldn't he also be able to escape using those powers? Or at the very least, call for help?

Also, I guess this confirms that this scene takes place during this issue? Or right after?

If i were to read the issues of X-men i would say we have our X-men. Jean, Cyclops, Laura, Synch, Polaris, storm (not directly on the team but i feel she will float through books.) and Darwin. Lorna is one of the voted characters which i feel she won and it really seems looking back his X-men run was setting up what his x-men team was dealing with. So i think the members will be those who got a trickle of something in this run.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If i were to read the issues of X-men i would say we have our X-men. Jean, Cyclops, Laura, Synch, Polaris, storm (not directly on the team but i feel she will float through books.) and Darwin. Lorna is one of the voted characters which i feel she won and it really seems looking back his X-men run was setting up what his x-men team was dealing with. So i think the members will be those who got a trickle of something in this run.
    That doesn't have enough wild cards and Hellfire(not Storm) and Sinister areas are going to come into play. Lorna would be from Magneto's area. Laura and Synch are from the same area. I don't think you can read too much into X-men run for clues on the team. They are going to have it look like it represents the will of people of Krakoa.

That said Laura seems like a good choice she is a Wolverine, every team needs a Wolverine. Synch would be amazing and frustrating because now he represents one of the most experienced X-characters and to see him not used as such will be pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Of course Laura's uniform is reduced to hotpants and top while Synch and Darwin both managed to retain most of their uniforms. One of the secret laws of super hero comic universes in action. Guess Wolverine would be bare chested and in loincloth at this point too though.

Also while i know casual large scale time passing is normal in sci-fi and fantasy, i have to wonder what they actualy did each day those 365000 days they spend in the Vault, considering it's an enclosed environment, entirely controlled by the enemy, who should know at any point where they are. So no place to rest, no place to eat and drink proper food, no place to hide.

Feels a bit like a randomly large passing of time, just for the sake of it.
    Given how difficult it is to evade cameras, drones, and satellites in the real world, it is a bit unbelievable that a completely enclosed, super-advanced/artificial, AI-controlled environment lost track of them for such huge volumes of time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!