Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Blue Beetle is winning on Twitter with 67% but Suicide Squad is in the lead on Instagram and that will get more overall votes.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I have ZERO interest in reading a Harley book, but I would definitely pick up the Kyle/Kilowog and Blue Beetle books!
    I would also check out Robins just out of curiosity.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

To be honest i would have purchased all these if they had been produced as limited series. Some had some interesting pitches. Robin was my least favorite but i would have still picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Blue Beetle is winning on Twitter with 67% but Suicide Squad is in the lead on Instagram and that will get more overall votes.
    Yeah, Twitter's useless. Zatanna won the previous round with 60% against Green Lanterns but it didn't seem to have made a difference against the Insta numbers.

Looking at how this is going, people sadly have no right to complain about too many Bat books anymore when DC gives them the option to choose something else and they don't show up for it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-06-2021 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Looking at how this is going, people sadly have no right to complain about too many Bat books anymore when DC gives them the option to choose something else and they don't show up for it.
    Batman haters are a minority because how else would Batman be #1? I doubt that most of the people who vote for Harley or Robins are actually going to buy their books though. Still wish this Round Robin didn’t have any Batbooks in it, not like that corner of the DCU is hurting for rep.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's a vicious cycle. DC mostly exposes people to Bat characters. So those Bat characters become the most popular. So then DC decides that if Bat-peeps are the most popular, why even bother with the rest. Reset to DC mostly pushing Bat characters.

When you have an entire stable of brands, it is bad business to rely on just one franchise. Marvel imploded in the 90's when everything was only about the X-Men (well, there were other financially stupid decisions that contributed but overreliance on X was a factor too). And now DC is wondering why their comics readership is not growing.

I really hope Robins doesn't win. I'm not a hater and i'm a fan of all of them but thats the one we don't need. The other characters on that list deserve a shot.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I really hope Robins doesn't win. I'm not a hater and i'm a fan of all of them but thats the one we don't need. The other characters on that list deserve a shot.
    It's also written by Tim Seeley who had rapey ladies name Dick Grayson's butt cheeks on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's also written by Tim Seeley who had rapey ladies name Dick Grayson's butt cheeks on panel.
    Was that Grayson? I feel like I remember that happening
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Was that Grayson? I feel like I remember that happening
    Yes. I wish people had made some noise about that. I'm so sick of the "Dick's so hott, horny women assault him for the lulz" recurring theme. It's the third time something similar has happened after Mirage in the 80's and Tarantula in the 00's straight up raped him.

Please stop this. Grayson was written by two writers.

Your choice to selectively pick and choose who demonise says more about you and your bias.

Deliberately Calling out Seeley whilst ignoring King [the other half of the Grayson title] speaks volumes about your bias.

Objectification is common place in comics esp with the female characters. It's not cool but it's a very common thing in comics.

You are mad? You want to name and shame creators who you think are problematic? That's your choice but be Honest, be fair.

Stop this.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I hope Green Lanterns win. Looks really good.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Yes. I wish people had made some noise about that. I'm so sick of the "Dick's so hott, horny women assault him for the lulz" recurring theme. It's the third time something similar has happened after Mirage in the 80's and Tarantula in the 00's straight up raped him.
    There was also that issue where Selina attempted to force herself on him. Rape and assault are serious and should not be trivialised.

however there is a HUGE difference between rape, assault, attempted rape and spy school girls admiring/fangirling over a new gym teacher played for comedic effect.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-06-2021 at 04:33 AM.

joe public has now upfront and confidently told DC what they want?
    Can you imagine what DC's line would look like if they used popular consensus for all their decisions?

They can leave the rest of the DC characters at the door