Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast

Yeah kinda shocked seeing Zachary problem there, although he is kinda arrogant and problematic boy. Then again hopefully there are some hint of him talking this problem with Zatanna in that SS book or any other Zach appereance

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

they are doing another Robins team up in Damian's book. something about that, and the branding if this contest with "Robin", makes me feel like DC was banking on Robins team up book happening regardless. which begs the question, why not just do the book you want to do instead of putting it in this contest against underserved characters/book ideas? especially considering they put it against a title like JLQ off the bat, which could've spoke to a demographic that still goes relatively underserved in comics.

tho, admittedly, I am part of the problem considering I did vote Robin that round.
    This was announced a while ago and it very clearly not a team up.

it is the opposite of what fans voting for the Robins title want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Wow this contest is looking like a total rig job for Robins
    Not sure why they couldn't have just announced this mini and avoided all the controversy
    What's the point of advertising this on twitter and ig if you have to be in the US to even access DC infinite
    They votes should have always been restricted to a comic centric forum. The intent is to sell comics so they should have only targeted comic readers in the 1st place.

Allowing casuals was a mistake since casuals don't buy comics so their vote is worthless.

let the actual consumers decide.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    They votes should have always been restricted to a comic centric forum. The intent is to sell comics so they should have only targeted comic readers in the 1st place.

Allowing casuals was a mistake since casuals don't buy comics so their vote is worthless.

Agreed 100% with this.

Quoted for the truth my guy

DC infinite is not comic centric though
    Its just the leftover vestiges of DC universe the old streaming service. Its just a casuals den for DC fans with a comic veneer but as a business you are admitting defeat or using unsound logic when you trade the ocean for a tiny pool.
    Casual fans are not the enemy they are the last bastion of hope for weekly comics before they go away and become monthly anthology books
    I don't care about the outcome so much anymore even though the preview for SS7 looks good. If it loses its entirely because DC crafted the final round in a way to limit people interested in these properties

When will we be able to see the first look at how the poll between Robins vs. SS7 is going?

Maybe this is their big "outreach" program to people who don't normally buy comics, but feel invested/interested enough to vote, which might motivate them to pick up the book when "their" winner comics out?

I wonder how it feels to be a fan of any of the characters featured in SS7 (aside from Harley), voting to see a character you like, but then opening the door for them to be killed, since y'know ... Suicide Squad...

Astonishing Member

The whole thing is to promote DC Universe, isn't it? Make a headline or two, get people who voted in Round 1 on Twitter to pay attention to Round 3 on the DC specific site.

It's not open to me as a Brit, but it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Based on the previews, I'm kinda on team SS. Even if you don't care for Harley, the collection of other characters, including some Latin American faves, feels pretty worth it. Also nice to Zachary Zatara in something after forever.
    Yeah, its nice to see representation in a book where most of the cast are meant to die. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy to see Zachary but I'm kind of shocked how off the rails his life has gone. Like, was Zatanna too busy with JLD to help her cousin?

I wish these characters didn't have to get stuck with Harley...
    Are these books even canon?

There better be more to Zach's story than what's stated. But I'm not expecting much, this stuff looks like teen edge lord crap to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe this is their big "outreach" program to people who don't normally buy comics, but feel invested/interested enough to vote, which might motivate them to pick up the book when "their" winner comics out?
    If that was an outreach-it would have failed.

Not one black lead book? That does send a message to a certain segment.

Ambush Bug?

Where was Young Justice? Doom Patrol? Black Lightning? The folks with tv shows that are fresh in folks minds.

Why not have this be linked to the CW shows? You don't have to set them to the CW universe but say inspired by the shows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy to see Zachary but I'm kind of shocked how off the rails his life has gone. Like, was Zatanna too busy with JLD to help her cousin?
    To be honest, Zachary really is and feels like that type of guy who's life easily goes off the rails, especially when left to his own devices, so it makes all of the sense to me that that seems to be the case here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, its nice to see representation in a book where most of the cast are meant to die. /sarcasm

There better be more to Zach's story than what's stated. But I'm not expecting much, this stuff looks like teen edge lord crap to me.
    Proably not which works for SS
    Cuz the anyone can die angle is perfect for it

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Harley's currently in Gotham trying to redeem herself by cleaning up Joker War leftovers, trying to approach the people he hurt in the past, and helping Batman when he needs it and for once she's not in Suicide Squad at all, so if it's canon it's not during the time of the current ongoing. It's either the future or the past.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If that was an outreach-it would have failed.

Not one black lead book? That does send a message to a certain segment.

Ambush Bug?

Where was Young Justice? Doom Patrol? Black Lightning? The folks with tv shows that are fresh in folks minds.

Why not have this be linked to the CW shows? You don't have to set them to the CW universe but say inspired by the shows.
    If they wanted to attract new people they should've done a lineup more like this
    1. Young Justice
    2. Doom Patrol
    3. Black Lightning
    4. The Flash (Barry)
    5. A Superman and Lois mini with kid Jon (family book/CW inspiration)
    6. Steel
    7. The Atom (Ryan Choi)
    8. Suicide Squad Seven (for Harley Fans)
    9. Swamp Thing
    10. Stargirl