Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It wasn't an ongoing comic, OGN = Original Graphic Novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    OGN is original graphic novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Original graphic novel, not an ongoing.
    Oh, Ok. My bad. I didn't expect 3 replies tho. lol
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not really. That is just a ploy to get sales.

We have had Batwoman who is LGBTQA with a few runs that were NOT derailed by editorial.
    Joe Glass's Pride is still ongoing.
    Aqualad had a successful OGN.
    Lumberjanes went 75 issues BEFORE getting a tv deal.
    Papergirl too.
    We have had plenty of books with LGBTQ leads that have lasted beyond 6 issues.

The guy writing Batman right now has done a few of those and one almost became a series.

The audience has always been there. Especially for a 6 issue mini series.
    Does Wonder Woman not count as a lgbt lead? When was the last time she was in a relationship ?
    I would love for midnighter to return

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh, Ok. My bad. I didn't expect 3 replies tho. lol
    Now you'll never forget!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Does Wonder Woman not count as a lgbt lead? When was the last time she was in a relationship ?
    She was still with Steve Trevor as recent as Orlando's run.

Although I'm drawing a blank as to whether he's the one who broke them up when he left...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I would love for midnighter to return
    Not really. I mean, certain writers get to occasionally allude to it, fans' head canon is that she absolutely is, but frankly the content just doesn't depict it so its kinda an empty check mark.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Now that round 2 is over I think I can laugh at how pathetic it is for Superman to be losing to the Suicide Squad
    I mean DC's biggest character behind Batman can't even beat Harley Quinn and some D listers
    What a poor showing
    Now I see multiple pages of people pretending suicide squad is some huge team property from DC when they were legit in limbo before 2011. Honestly even the JSA and LOSH are probably more well known

The Suicide Squad move made more money that the Man of Steel movie, and that was without it being released in China I think. There is also a new Suicide Squad movie by Gunn that just had its trailer drop recently and one of the smaller characters in it is getting their own HBO Max spinoff series. They have a Suicide Squad video game coming out too by the Arkham creators before any Superman video game has been made, and while I can't stand Harley as a character she sells a TON of merch. Maybe only behind Batman in sales in that area and she has gotten loads of exposure. I don't think it is a surprise at all that a Suicide Squad book with Harley front and center beat a Superman and Lois book in a poll. Suicide Squad is probably DC's second or third most well known team now depending on where you rank the Titans. No way LOSH and the JSA come close to any of those properties, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Now that round 2 is over I think I can laugh at how pathetic it is for Superman to be losing to the Suicide Squad
    I mean DC's biggest character behind Batman can't even beat Harley Quinn and some D listers
    What a poor showing
    Now I see multiple pages of people pretending suicide squad is some huge team property from DC when they were legit in limbo before 2011. Honestly even the JSA and LOSH are probably more well known
    A decade of usage and outside media is more than enough to raise the profile of a team and/or franchise. Suicide Squad is now easily DC’s third biggest team! Ahead of JSA and way ahead of LOSH. Heck I think Doom Patrol is above LOSH. To say otherwise is to just ignore current reality. We aren’t in the 2000’s anymore (evidenced by Powergirl’s fall from grace and the current state of the Green Lantern franchise).

1) Justice League
    2) Titans/Teen Titans
    3) Suicide Squad
    4) Justice Society
    5) Doom Patrol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    A decade of usage and outside media is more than enough to raise the profile of a team and/or franchise. Suicide Squad is now easily DC’s third biggest team! Ahead of JSA and way ahead of LOSH. Heck I think Doom Patrol is above LOSH. To say otherwise is to just ignore current reality. We aren’t in the 2000’s anymore (evidenced by Powergirl’s fall from grace and the current state of the Green Lantern franchise).

1) Justice League
    2) Titans/Teen Titans
    3) Suicide Squad
    4) Justice Society
    5) Doom Patrol
    A decade of usage is still just a decade
    GL was huge during the 2000s and had an even bigger push but come the 2010s no one even talks about the characters that much anymore in comparison when view the franchise now
    Titans, JSA, LOSH all have been proven commodities for decades. Never been in limbo always had content no matter how bad its been
    Suicide Squad's rise in popularity is also buffeted by Joker and Harley Quinn's rise in profile.

I still maintain the team is full of D and E list villains apart from Harley and maybe a few others. Under no circumstance should the group be considered huge enough to be beating Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    What a poor showing
    The Suicide Squad were D-Listers. But before the MCU, barely a decade ago, the most popular Marvel characters were Spidey, Hulk, and Wolverine. Nobody cared about Cap and Iron Man, now look at them. Harley and Deadshot are huge by virtue of being Batcharacters, the Squad being Batman-adjacent has caused its profile to rise massively. Batman’s brand is pretty much the only thing DC has done a good job maintaining. Also Harley and Deadshot are everywhere: Movies, video games, cartoons, etc. DC meanwhile has pretty consistently run Superman into the ground and well, here are the effects. It’s annoying but Supes would’ve lost to Robins if he made it to the final round anyway.

Plus we’ve got 5 Superbooks and that’s pretty damn good considering Aquaman and Green Arrow have none.

DC is in a really bad place right now. People love the Marvel Universe as a whole. DC? Most of the fans and hell the creators too only care about Batman and his world.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-15-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

I zatanna lost that round

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

1) Justice League
    2) Titans/Teen Titans
    3) Suicide Squad
    4) Justice Society
    5) Doom Patrol
    Because DC has chosen to market the Squad aggressively, while neglecting the JSA. But I'd say the JSA are a far more popular and important team among comic readers. Which is important on some level given that they are bothering to publish comics at all and this is a thread about a poll for which comic gets made.

So did Zatanna and Superman/Lois win their respective rounds or not?

So there are 14K votes in the Zatanna/Kyle poll and 13K votes in the Harley/Clois poll while only 12K votes in the Robins/Lobo/Animal Man poll. Are you guys sure Robins is going to crush this?