Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Robins winning is no surprise but I am kinda surprised a GL title starring Kyle is beating Zatanna. I would’ve thought she was more popular.
    Of course he is winning. The man had an ongoing from the 90's to the early 00's, he's tied to some of the biggest events in DC (Emerald Twilight, Final Night, Blackest Night), he was an important player in the critically acclaimed Morrison/Waid/Johns era JLA, he was the star of GLC during Johns GL run, he is the reason we have the 'Women in Refrigerators' trope (although that's not a badge of honor), a few years of absence and a decade of an extremely watered down version of Zatanna used to prop up Constantine isn't going to beat that.

The only silver lining is if Kyle and the Robin fans go to war, will it split the fan base? Both of them have huge female fan bases who thirst over them for the same reasons. I can see Robins pulling ahead because it's a team book with multiple fan favorites but I can see the votes being split more evenly in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The unfinished artwork might be against her
    We have writer and cover pages
    Plus the writer for GL is campaigning
    Yeah, the Kyle side came out stronger and did more to promote the book.

Not to downplay Kyle’s accomplishments but trust me, the Zoomers on Instagram have never read ANY of those stories. They know John through the JL cartoon, Hal through the comics and Injustice games, but Kyle isn’t anywhere near as popular. I’d say he’s the fourth most popular behind Hal, John, and Jess. Part of it might be that “Green Lantern” used to be a massive brand at DC, and even though DC has botched it all post Johns Era there’s still a lot of nostalgia for the brand alone.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The only silver lining is if Kyle and the Robin fans go to war, will it split the fan base? Both of them have huge female fan bases who thirst over them for the same reasons. I can see Robins pulling ahead because it's a team book with multiple fan favorites but I can see the votes being split more evenly in the beginning.
    Good point. When Dick lost his memory and Titans had to write him out, who did they replace him with? Kyle. Mr Rayner was considered a like for like replacement for Mr Grayson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good point. When Dick lost his memory and Titans had to write him out, who did they replace him with? Kyle. Mr Rayner was considered a like for like replacement for Mr Grayson.
    Well its who they tried to replace him with, but then the book didn’t really make it past an arc with him.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-09-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    During the Dixon run on Nightwing, the editor in the letters page would refer to fans writing in as "Wingnuts" and it's been my favorite name for us since.
    Eh, that only works as long as he's Nightwing. Dickers, now there's a name that works no matter the identity he chooses!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, that only works as long as he's Nightwing. Dickers, now there's a name that works no matter the identity he chooses!
    Are the conspiracy theorists among us known as "Deep Dickers?"

Asking for a friend.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Maybe it's the Brit in me, but Dick Heads, surely?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh this Dick Grayson fan name can go south real fast

So let me take it there faster

I consider myself a Swallower

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh this Dick Grayson fan name can go south real fast

So let me take it there faster

I consider myself a Swallower
    What's that an extension of the The Deep Dickers?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What's that an extension of the The Deep Dickers?
    While giving Dick Heads resulting in Wingnut
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-10-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    While giving Dick Heads resulting in Wingnut
    How did we get here ? Lol

Twitter is experiencing less votes then before, I wonder if with JLQ elimination many of those that rallied to vote lost intrest. The polls seem consistent everywhere except Santana vs gl on dcuniverse and Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    . . . The polls seem consistent everywhere except Santana vs gl on dcuniverse and Instagram
    I'd vote in favor of a Carlos Santana comic book!

Zatanna has pulled WAY ahead of Green Lanterns now. Looks like it was just a case of her fans not knowing Round 2 voting started yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Zatanna has pulled WAY ahead of Green Lanterns now. Looks like it was just a case of her fans not knowing Round 2 voting started yesterday.
    On twitter or Instagram ?

Final 4 looking like Zatanna, Robins, Blue Beetle and Harley's Suicide Squad. Speaking of the last one, it's kind of surprising Swamp Thing was giving Harley a tougher fight in the previous round than Lois & Clark are giving her in this one. Seeing how they barely beat Asteria, a brand new character who just had a cameo in the movies, are people more fatigued with Lois & Clark than they are with Harley?