Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    JLQ supporters are signal boosting and asking comic creators to join in, and I think I saw someone said they'll vote in multiple accounts, but I don't remember which side they are
    JLQ is still losing though.
    I think both parties are using some shady tactics.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 04-03-2021 at 02:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    JLQ is still losing though.
    Yes, well, they are the minority, so if they're both signal boosting, lobbying and using multiple accounts, they're still losing.

Some of the LGBTQ fans even decided to go with Robins because with that one they know what to expect while JLQ can be like Marvel's Snowflake and Safe Space, the worst stereotype and tone-deaf rep possible. Also by the comments I don't think some of them even know the Instagram poll exist.

Extraordinary Member

Some of the LGBTQ fans even decided to go with Robins because with that one they know what to expect while JLQ can be like Marvel's Snowflake and Safe Space, the worst stereotype and tone-deaf rep possible. Also by the comments I don't think some of them even know the Instagram poll exist.
    I think there is in general not enough information given (like creative teams), to really make a judgment.

That in some cases you don't even know for what characters you are voting makes it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Latino team has 2 GLs and 2 El Diablos? DC really needs to diversify their diversity.
    I only put one El Diablo, whether it’s Chato or Rafael doesn’t matter to me. The other one was El Dorado lol I put him instead of Superman (Hernan Guerra) because i didn’t want all legacies on the Latino one. If we turn the Latino one into an Indigenous/Mestizo team it’d go:

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
    Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
    Dawnstar
    Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)
    El Dorado
    Wonder Woman ((Yara Flor)
    Arak
    Black Condor (John Trujillo)

You can throw in Vibe, Black Orchid (Alba Garcia), and El Diablo (Chato or Rafael) but I’m not sure what their race is, though I think they’re all Mestizo. Honestly this list looks more impressive than my first one

Ultimate Member

Yes, well, they are the minority, so if they're both signal boosting, lobbying and using multiple accounts, they're still losing.

How are they the worst when that book NEVER came out? So those screaming that don't know what the heck they are talking about and are NO better than the gators who throw fits about books before they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How are they the worst when that book NEVER came out? So those screaming that don't know what the heck they are talking about and are NO better than the gators who throw fits about books before they came out.
    Coz they took insults toward the LGBT community and decided to reclaim it as a power name BEFORE the community itself decided to do so. Some have, a lot haven't. At least with "Queer" half of the community are already using them. Even then it's still debatable.

It's like when you're trying to help but not listening to the people who need help

Astonishing Member

Coz they took insults toward the LGBT community and decided to reclaim it as a power name BEFORE the community itself decided to do so. Some have, a lot haven't. At least with "Queer" half of the community are already using them. Even then it's still debatable.

It's like when you're trying to help but not listening to the people who need help
    People clowned on them, but I agree with skyvolt in general on this one.

I would have liked to have seen the actual book, story, and characters in action. I personally found what was there intriguing, and I wanted to see where it all was going. After seeing the execution, then I would be able to properly judge things.

Furthermore, some of the "backlash" was for ultra petty stuff that was opportunistically meshed into and piggybacked on top of the voices of those who had more genuinely-held reservations. So the "They Changed it, So it Sucks" crowd, for one, used this as a chance to "legitimize" themselves never having an inkling of giving things a chance in the first place. Then there's, basically, all the people who came out of the woodwork to bash Screentime and the short-form origin in his bio (so not his full story, but just the blurb) suddenly who have apparently never read a superhero comic story in their lives, ever.

Honestly, I think the backlash New Warriors was made to face sets a bad precedent of reactionary actions ultimately impeding progress.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-03-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

So, this came up recently from writer Joe Glass.

Hey fam!

Bit of a little weird one, to be fair, but I'm trying to get something important onto comic shops stands!

So in case you missed it, DC are doing a rather peculiar thing where they are presenting a number of pitches for the public to vote on in competition with each other, to decide which one pitch will get made.

There are a ton of really great submissions there, and I have some suspicions and rumblings on the people involved so there's some really great creators behind these pitches too. But perhaps the one most interesting to me given my long time in comics working towards the very same thing is JUSTICE LEAGUE QUEER or JLQ.

Basically sounding like 'DC does The Pride', the title would be the first mainstream universe DC book featuring an all queer cast of characters - basically the complete lack of this at DC (and at the time, Marvel) being the whole reason I made The Pride in the first place! We don't know much at this stage, as more gets revealed about each pitch as it progresses through the competition, but we know Aqualad and Traci 13 will be two of the characters involved (and I have my suspicions about the creators involved too!)

However, JLQ has been placed up against ROBINS, a new Batman book focusing on the many Robins that there's been. Despite there being numerous books featuring Robins compared to little with queer characters and even less featuring queer cast who aren't romantic interests sharing the page together, it's super close at the moment. I for one would love to see a book like JLQ come out from DC, and I cannot express how much it would mean to so many young queer readers to see a book like that on the stands.

So, I would like to ask all our backers to show JLQ some love and vote for it in the #DCRoundRobin. Let's bring something new to the stands from DC and give some queer comics fans something special!

PLEASE VOTE JLQ TODAY!
    (I would like to note that I am NOT the writer of JLQ - as I say, I've basically already been writing this book for ten years in The Pride, but I cannot wait to see what the JLQ turns out to be!)

-Joe
    So, Aqualad and Traci 13? Definitely a good start.

Ultimate Member

EVERYBODY including folks who PAID for the first issue or the subscription that Marvel STILL has up-needs to see it.

And yes that includes me who PREORDERED the book.
    I TIRE of books being attacked before they come out.

Especially when I see comments like

"I read Batman or Green Lantern for 30 years and now I am DONE because Duke Thomas or John Stewart or Teen Lantern are in it."

Then the Batman book comes out-Duke does NOTHING and is gone in 2018 in that book and is now an after thought.
    How many books do I need to list that have had POC or LGBTQ or women on the cover ALONE getting attacked before a single issue.

Instead of fussing ask DC why are we even DOING this in the first place?

OHHHH that's right-it's DC's way of avoiding the REAL conversation.

Put the blame on the fans if the book doesn't win. While ignoring the fact not all fans use Twitter or Instagram.

Like Joe Glass said-he's being doing that book for 10 years.

Dc has bigger names and a WIDER range to reach folks. What is their excuse?

A digital series could not work? OGN? Black Label?

Or a LGBTQ One shot for LGBTQ month?

You have to introduce them anyway-do a one shot. Then go from there to a mini or OGN.

Anybody have screen shots of the Twitter poll?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Anybody have screen shots of the Twitter poll?
    I don’t have screen shots but so far it’s going like this:

Green Lanterns (73.8%) vs Etta Candy (26.2%)— 18.5K votes
    Zatanna (78.7%) vs Ambush Bug (21.3%)— 19.5K votes
    Lobo/Animal Man (63.1%) vs Son of Creeper (26.9%)— 17.6K votes
    Robins (54.7%) vs JLQ (45.3%) — 34.2K votes
    Jesse Quick (58.9%) vs Paws off the JL (41.1%)— 18.2K votes
    Blue Beetle (70.2%) vs Nightrunner (29.8%)— 18.3K votes
    Suicide Squad (50.1%) vs Swamp Thing (49.9%)— 19.1K votes
    Asteria (51.8K) vs Superman and Lois (48.2K%)— 16.9K votes

Next round, combing the IG results with Twitter, looks like it’ll be:

Green Lanterns vs Zatanna
    Lobo/Animal Man vs Robins
    Jesse Quick vs Blue Beetle
    Superman/Lois vs Suicide Squad

Should be interesting, especially since we will get some creative teams announced!

Incredible Member

Does anyone know what Animal Man's story is in the book with Lobo? The text only mentioned Lobo.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    People clowned on them, but I agree with skyvolt in general on this one.

I would have liked to have seen the actual book, story, and characters in action. I personally found what was there intriguing, and I wanted to see where it all was going. After seeing the execution, then I would be able to properly judge things.

Furthermore, some of the "backlash" was for ultra petty stuff that was opportunistically meshed into and piggybacked on top of the voices of those who had more genuinely-held reservations. So the "They Changed it, So it Sucks" crowd, for one, used this as a chance to "legitimize" themselves never having an inkling of giving things a chance in the first place. Then there's, basically, all the people who came out of the woodwork to bash Screentime and the short-form origin in his bio (so not his full story, but just the blurb) suddenly who have apparently never read a superhero comic story in their lives, ever.

Honestly, I think the backlash New Warriors was made to face sets a bad precedent of reactionary actions ultimately impeding progress.
    The other backlash is not my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    EVERYBODY including folks who PAID for the first issue or the subscription that Marvel STILL has up-needs to see it.

And yes that includes me who PREORDERED the book.
    I TIRE of books being attacked before they come out.

Especially when I see comments like

"I read Batman or Green Lantern for 30 years and now I am DONE because Duke Thomas or John Stewart or Teen Lantern are in it."

Then the Batman book comes out-Duke does NOTHING and is gone in 2018 in that book and is now an after thought.
    How many books do I need to list that have had POC or LGBTQ or women on the cover ALONE getting attacked before a single issue.

Instead of fussing ask DC why are we even DOING this in the first place?

OHHHH that's right-it's DC's way of avoiding the REAL conversation.

Put the blame on the fans if the book doesn't win. While ignoring the fact not all fans use Twitter or Instagram.

Like Joe Glass said-he's being doing that book for 10 years.

Dc has bigger names and a WIDER range to reach folks. What is their excuse?

A digital series could not work? OGN? Black Label?

Or a LGBTQ One shot for LGBTQ month?

You have to introduce them anyway-do a one shot. Then go from there to a mini or OGN.
    Uh, if you paid for it, and the book is cancelled, but they don't pay you back, that's the problem with publisher/store.

Too bad. I'm not lowering standard for DC/Marvel. No one should have to. It's them that has to keep up. There are other entertainment out there and if I want legit rep all I have to do is buy books from independent LGBT authors. We're talking about DC/Marvel only because they happen to be offering. So we look at that offer, and we judge if it's right. It is as simple as that.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-03-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Where are these votes happening?

If it's only on Twitter, they do know that 'pitch information' is meaningless.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-03-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Futbol View Post
    I don’t have screen shots but so far it’s going like this:

Green Lanterns (73.8%) vs Etta Candy (26.2%)— 18.5K votes
    Zatanna (78.7%) vs Ambush Bug (21.3%)— 19.5K votes
    Lobo/Animal Man (63.1%) vs Son of Creeper (26.9%)— 17.6K votes
    Robins (54.7%) vs JLQ (45.3%) — 34.2K votes
    Jesse Quick (58.9%) vs Paws off the JL (41.1%)— 18.2K votes
    Blue Beetle (70.2%) vs Nightrunner (29.8%)— 18.3K votes
    Suicide Squad (50.1%) vs Swamp Thing (49.9%)— 19.1K votes
    Asteria (51.8K) vs Superman and Lois (48.2K%)— 16.9K votes

Next round, combing the IG results with Twitter, looks like it’ll be:

Green Lanterns vs Zatanna
    Lobo/Animal Man vs Robins
    Jesse Quick vs Blue Beetle
    Superman/Lois vs Suicide Squad

Should be interesting, especially since we will get some creative teams announced!
    Should be interesting to see Zatanna vs Green Lanterns and Jesse quick vs Blue Beetle.

Robins is probably going to beat Lobo/Animal Man, and I think Superman might have the edge, but you never know.