Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    On twitter or Instagram ?
    Twitter...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    On twitter or Instagram ?
    Twitter. She lost on Instagram (42% to 58%) which likely means Green Lanterns is advancing, unless she can increase that margin of victory on Twitter. Robins won theirs on both platforms.

Blue Beetle vs Jesse Quick and Suicide Squad vs Superman/Lois haven’t been posted on IG yet but Blue Beetle and Suicide Squad are winning on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Twitter. She lost on Instagram (42% to 58%) which likely means Green Lanterns is advancing, unless she can increase that margin of victory on Twitter. Robins won theirs on both platforms.
    I keep forgetting about the Instagram poll. Twitter is currently 60% in Zatanna's favor so it will be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Final 4 looking like Zatanna, Robins, Blue Beetle and Harley's Suicide Squad. Speaking of the last one, it's kind of surprising Swamp Thing was giving Harley a tougher fight in the previous round than Lois & Clark are giving her in this one. Seeing how they barely beat Asteria, a brand new character who just had a cameo in the movies, are people more fatigued with Lois & Clark than they are with Harley?
    S&L crushed Asteria on Instagram. It’s moreso that Twitter has very niche tastes. Twitter basically got colonized by Tumblr, so a lot of people on there prefer books with women, LGBT, PoC books which is why the voting between JLQ and Robins was so tight there but Robins blew JLQ away on Instagram which is more mainstream.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This Round Robin format is a mess. Most of the victories are just barely wins so it would have been better if all 16 titles had been placed on DC's website with sufficient information on each of them and people could have simply voted for their favorite. At least then the true ranking of each title's popularity would have been more accurately gauged.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    S&L crushed Asteria on Instagram. It’s moreso that Twitter has very niche tastes. Twitter basically got colonized by Tumblr, so a lot of people on there prefer books with women, LGBT, PoC books which is why the voting between JLQ and Robins was so tight there but Robins blew JLQ away on Instagram which is more mainstream.
    ...I wouldn't call books with women, LGBT, POC as "very niche" tastes. Even Asteria I can see the appeal, it's just that I was surprised she performed so well against S&L themselves.

...I wouldn't call books with women, LGBT, POC as "very niche" tastes. Even Asteria I can see the appeal, it's just that I was surprised she performed so well against S&L themselves.
    Neither would I, I was referring to Asteria. A mini on an obscure Amazon is a niche book. Harley though has mainstream appeal so I’m expecting her to make it to the finals only to lose to Robins.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

I keep forgetting about the Instagram poll. Twitter is currently 60% in Zatanna's favor so it will be close.
    Check the one on dcuniverse too

This Round Robin format is a mess. Most of the victories are just barely wins so it would have been better if all 16 titles had been placed on DC's website with sufficient information on each of them and people could have simply voted for their favorite. At least then the true ranking of each title's popularity would have been more accurately gauged.
    I don't think the DC website gets anywhere as much traffic as twitter, Instagram or the regular social media sites. So that would have only sampled a very niche portion of the audience. That would be like running the competition just on CBR.

Something like this you want to reach as broad and large enough audience to get as a near as possible to an accurate result of what's going to really sell.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't think the DC website gets anywhere as much traffic as twitter, Instagram or the regular social media sites. So that would have only sampled a very niche portion of the audience. That would be like running the competition just on CBR.

Something like this you want to reach as broad and large enough audience to get as a near as possible to an accurate result of what's going to really sell.
    If they had redirection posts and stories on social media taking people to the site poll then it would have been fine. It's what Marvel did with their recent Pick a mutant for the new X-Men line-up poll and it made so much more sense.

I believe what the poster meant was that certain social media sites have a higher concentration of progressives. Tumblr and Twitter i would say has a higher % of younger more open minded users than say facebook so will get more votes from fans who have a strong interest in diversity and positive representation.

If they had redirection posts and stories on social media taking people to the site poll then it would have been fine. It's what Marvel did with their recent Pick a mutant for the new X-Men line-up poll and it made so much more sense.
    Yeah that's actually a decent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    While giving Dick Heads resulting in Wingnut
    Lol. So many Dick fans. Not surprised though. Dick Grayson is great and has been going for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Which means Instagram is the main one. I’m surprised they didn’t also do one on Facebook... DC on each social media platform:

Instagram: 11.1M
    Facebook: 6.2M
    Twitter: 4M
    YouTube: 3.5M

You’re able to create polls on all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Which means Instagram is the main one. I’m surprised they didn’t also do one on Facebook... DC on each social media platform:

Instagram: 11.1M
    Facebook: 6.2M
    Twitter: 4M
    YouTube: 3.5M

You’re able to create polls on all of the above.

Exactly. I only have YT.
    Shame there isn't one on YT.
    ooh well.