Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I'm not seeing much controversy either.

But I'm still expecting more of these books getting made then I think people are assuming.

Yeah, the winner's the only one guaranteed to get made, but that doesn't mean the other 15 pitches go straight in the bin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Do they really care that much to make "Batman" win when he's not even a main character or might only appear in flashbacks?
    Only takes a second to vote for the Batfamily, and it costs you nothing. No different than hashtagging. But when it comes time to actually put money down? You’ll see far less people do that than the ones who voted.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only takes a second to vote for the Batfamily, and it costs you nothing. No different than hashtagging. But when it comes time to actually put money down? You’ll see far less people do that than the ones who voted.
    Eh, people are weird.
    I'd probably vote for a Batman story I was interested in, but the Robins do nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not seeing much controversy either.

But I'm still expecting more of these books getting made then I think people are assuming.
    Me too. I'll be surprised if it's just the winner.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I don’t see the controversy, beyond adding a Robins book. If anything this will give DC some research on the demographics of each character
    As David Walker said DC DOES research.

The 3rd most popular character in all demographics and gender was CYBORG. How did THAT work out?

Where was he in this?

I agree with Nite-Wing this was stupid. Not everyone uses Twitter or Instagram.

How many of those folks are going to BUY these books that were voted on?

Heck DC would have been better doing like Boom and others have done and kickstarting books to get made.

Just say the funds are paying for it to get printed. DC handles the payments to the creative teams.

Do a set of variants that ONLY those who kickstart will get.

Heck if they all get funded-more the better.

Do they really care that much to make "Batman" win when he's not even a main character or might only appear in flashbacks?
    If they are one of the folks who HATED diverse books and if voting for a Batman book keeps JLQ from getting made-they care.

If they are store owners who already know or ASSUME a Blue Beetle or JLQ will not sell in the store and a Batman book will-guess what happens. Sure they can just not order JLQ or Ambush Bug but they want something to order.

Those are two of the types of folks this attracts.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If they are one of the folks who HATED diverse books and if voting for a Batman book keeps JLQ from getting made-they care.

If they are store owners who already know or ASSUME a Blue Beetle or JLQ will not sell in the store and a Batman book will-guess what happens. Sure they can just not order JLQ or Ambush Bug but they want something to order.

Those are two of the types of folks this attracts.
    I'd think we'd have heard about those trolls getting all up in arms if that was the case.
    God I hate that the bigots have all found each other...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    whoever placed the brackets was an idiot and created even more controversy and division than you would have normally seen from a contest like this
    Maybe next month DC can hold a contest where the fans vote to kill off one of several LGBTQI, POC, or alien characters to see who the fans like most
    I'm surprised DC couldn't rig their own contest.
    Even if anti-queer bias didn't exist, any book with Dick Grayson in it would win a poll.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Heck DC would have been better doing like Boom and others have done and kickstarting books to get made.

Just say the funds are paying for it to get printed. DC handles the payments to the creative teams.

Do a set of variants that ONLY those who kickstart will get.

Heck if they all get funded-more the better..
    If they did, we would be complaining about how we have to pay a kickstarter to get our favorite books published and then later pay for it anyway to buy it. Unless DC gives us a free copy.

Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised DC couldn't rig their own contest.
    Even if anti-queer bias didn't exist, any book with Dick Grayson in it would win a poll.
    Everyone loves Dick. >_>

Keanu Reeves Kickstarter comic is doing insanely well and getting a netflix show
    If the industry shifts to a crowdfunding sort of deal to avoid bad contests like this then I won't feel too bad

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Keanu Reeves Kickstarter comic is doing insanely well and getting a netflix show
    If the industry shifts to a crowdfunding sort of deal to avoid bad contests like this then I won't feel too bad
    I've always seen crowdfunding as an indie thing, even outside of comics with video games.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I've always seen crowdfunding as an indie thing, even outside of comics with video games.
    This. It just feels wrong for divisions of multi-billion dollar corporations to be asking for money to fund things to then sell to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This. It just feels wrong for divisions of multi-billion dollar corporations to be asking for money to fund things to then sell to us.
    Comics are not making money sooner or later creators and even DC and Marvel will ask for the money upfront

Incredible Member

Any updates for us non-US folks who can't access the DC online platform?