Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Wait a second, spoilers:
    these are April fool's jokes, right?
    end of spoilers
    I thought so at first but if so it’s a very elaborate one. Editors on Twitter are acting like it’s real, Hester says he’s involved in one of the pitches. I think this is legit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wait a second, spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Something like that would generate more negative PR than DC can risk these days...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Jesse Quick is JSA related...
    Well played Digifiend, well played...

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Never heard of "market research"?

This isn't anything new.
    When the competition can greenlight books for characters without doing this then I don't see the excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    When the competition can greenlight books for characters without doing this then I don't see the excuse.
    So they should greenlight 16 new series without gauging interest in them first? Sounds like an easy way to set a book up for failure and for a company to take a financial loss.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

So happy that Blue Beetle is an option.

That Ambush Bug story sounds amazing! Too bad it’s not going to win.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Something like that would generate more negative PR than DC can risk these days...
    Unless they top it off with a big, real announcement right after.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 03-31-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So they should greenlight 16 new series without gauging interest in them first? Sounds like an easy way to set a book up for failure and for a company to take a financial loss.
    That has NOT stopped them in the past.....

And what market research would DC be using?

Nightrunner: Love in Paris - All of Paris is obsessed with an intoxicating virtual songstress, whose holographic stage shows are lighting up the City of Love. But when the “vocaloid” ingenue’s fans start to disappear, Nightrunner must track down the infamous developer behind the eerily realistic celebrity AI.
    He has 6 appearances. So being in Batman justifies him a shot over Duke Thomas? Tim Drake?

Justice League Queer - Eight young queer heroes investigate a series of monstrous manifestations around the world and discover that something much more terrifying is coming.
    Asteria: The Last Amazon - An immortal Amazonian champion returns to Man’s World to discover her and the Amazons’ sacrifice now forgotten; a new breed of hero seeking power, glory, and dominance; and the secret family she left behind offering one last chance at redemption.
    She has ONE appearance and was in WW 84

Robins - In the Blüdhaven apartment of Dick Grayson, a group of young people meets for coffee, doughnuts, and kvetching (between long, awkward silences.) The only thing they have in common? All were once Kid Wonders. Sidekicks to Batman. Robins.
    Son of the Creeper - An awkward teenager’s life is turned upside down when he inherits his dad’s chaotic powers. With his family in danger, Kieran Millar must save a father he doesn’t know from the monster he’s become.]
    Etta Candy: Holliday Hero, Inc. - On summer break from Holliday College, an accident grants Etta Candy her very own superpowers! Taking on the new superhero mantle of Candy Stripe, Etta joins forces with Wonder Woman, Amanda Waller, and her Beeta Lambda sorority sisters to create Holliday Hero Inc.—an all-girls agency sworn to protect and assist anyone in need. WOO WOO!
    The Brave and the Bug: Crisis on Infinite Ambush - Ambush Bug must team up with some of DC’s greatest heroes to survive an attack by revenge-seeking Ambush Bugs from across the MULTIVERSE who never got to exist thanks to AB’s refusal to be rebooted.

How would a marketing firm come up with Nightrunner and Asteria?

Some of these sound FAKE.

Who are the creative teams? Why are they not pitching this stuff with videos?

They want folks to blindly vote for books that could have Scott Lodbell as writer.

Now some of those have ZERO business being a comic. Now an OGN-different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I thought this was an April Fool joke but it's not April yet.
    Tomorrow is.

Wait a second, spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have a suspicion they are, but we'll have to wait and see.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That has NOT stopped them in the past.....
    Yeah, and then those books fail and comic companies use that failure as an excuse to barely use the characters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And what market research would DC be using?
    Let's say Zatanna wins this thing and gets the book. If, say, Ambush Bug get the runner up spot, or even makes it to the top 4, DC could view that as strong interest in the character and use him more in other books. That's market research.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Looks like next week Monday is when they’ll announce creative teams for the books that make it past the first round.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

My votes:

Green Lanterns
    Brave and the Bug
    Lobo/Animal Man
    Robins
    Jesse Quick
    Blue Beetle
    Swamp Thing
    Superman and Lois

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    This is so stupid. DC fans gotta fight for a series now? Lmao.
    it's dumb but hey, at least this way no one can say "who wanted this!?" when the series drops. it's gimmicky but it's fun, I love these little competitions. it's some promotional hunger games type situation, I dig it.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-31-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

It’s funny to compare the votes on Twitter to the ones on Instagram. I could see JLQ winning the Twitter poll but losing overall still because of Instagram votes.

Robins - I'm really pulling for this one (fingers crossed Duke in this bitch highkey)
    Son of the Creeper
    Ambush Bug
    Blue Beetle
    Swamp Thing
    Jesse Quick
    Green Lanterns
    Asteria
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."