Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This will be the easiest rounds to pick now
    IG votes are deciding the contests wholesale Twitter and dc infinite votes are useless
    I doubt Robins is going to beat suicide squad if it comes down to ig votes.
    I think you're right. IG's Hot Topic Squad may end up besting Robin fangirls and fanboys at the end.

Even if they end up losing, at least this competition confirms that there is interest in diverse characters like Jaime and Kyle if the right amount of effort is put behind them (a Kyle/Jaime team up book titled Green and Blue? Sign me up!).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think you're right. IG's Hot Topic Squad may end up besting Robin fangirls and fanboys at the end.
    I guess we will see
    I think the robins have it, the previews pages will be a big factor

Maybe they could move Dark to it's own title, and use Queer as JL's new backup?

I do think some of the losers will end up being done as one-shots, backups, or anthology features, as they've paid for art already.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess we'll at least know what the team roster would've been.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping to see this team fleshed out at the very least.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe they could move Dark to it's own title, and use Queer as JL's new backup?
    I wonder how that might impact the sales for Justice League if there are readers who are mainly buying it right now because of the JLDark back-up feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ugh, I would rather have Robins over Harley Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder how that might impact the sales for Justice League if there are readers who are mainly buying it right now because of the JLDark back-up feature?
    This is something I wonder sometimes. Are there that many people who buy 30 pages issue for 6 pages backup?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This is something I wonder sometimes. Are there that many people who buy 30 pages issue for 6 pages backup?
    Well, there might be people who are primarily interested in the back-up feature and don't mind the main feature, but if the back-up feature was changed they may not be as willing to buy the book.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, there might be people who are primarily interested in the back-up feature and don't mind the main feature, but if the back-up feature was changed they may not be as willing to buy the book.
    Maybe all the losing pitches will appear as backups in other titles??
    I know if the Kyle/Kilowog story appeared in the monthly GL book it'd be enough to get me to buy it again.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Maybe all the losing pitches will appear as backups in other titles??
    I know if the Kyle/Kilowog story appeared in the monthly GL book it'd be enough to get me to buy it again.
    I have a feeling the Kyle/Kilowog story will see print one way or another. It's a GL book with a strong premise and built-in audience. Personally I think it deserves its own mini, but I'll take it as a back up if necessary.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Sure, it's a gamble. But JL double ships anyway, so Dark is already producing enough content to fill a monthly book. It had one until a few months ago, and it's sales weren't so low as to warrant cancellation. And moving it to it's own book again would free up space in JL for something else. Sounds like the best way to get JLQ out there. If JL's sales tank without Dark as a backup, well, that won't reflect well on Bendis will it? But I don't think most readers are buying it just for Dark. People complained when it was relegated to a backup.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sure, it's a gamble. But JL double ships anyway, so Dark is already producing enough content to fill a monthly book. It had one until a few months ago, and it's sales weren't so low as to warrant cancellation. And moving it to it's own book again would free up space in JL for something else. Sounds like the best way to get JLQ out there. If JL's sales tank without Dark as a backup, well, that won't reflect well on Bendis will it? But I don't think most readers are buying it just for Dark. People complained when it was relegated to a backup.
    Not confirmed to double ship consistently, just June and July after 3 months of single shipping