Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I voted on IG for Green Lantern and Zatanna.

Is Nightrunner the French muslim Batman from Batman Inc? Bilal Asselah? That Nightrunner. If so I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers him. Of all the Batman Inc characters, he's one of the few that really grabbed my attention.

I don't hate this but I'm not in love with it either. I will judge after the dust has settled. I suspect they might reveal more details about the titles as the competition heats up. I hope the runner ups gets published as well. Maybe the winner gets their own solo mini but the runner ups are all compiled into one book?

JLQ (Voting against all Bat-related titles)
    Green Lanterns
    Zatanna
    Asteria

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Well played Digifiend, well played...
    I wasn't even kidding. She's married to Hourman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Since all the “color” anthologies are minis, why not simply replace them with the pitches involving the Trinity once they’re done?
    Batman B&W -> Robins
    Superman R&B -> Superman & Lois or Paws Off
    WW B&G -> Etta or Asteria

And let the rest of the non-Trinity pitches compete?
    Nightrunner is a bat character.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if the April Fools joke is all these pitches have been stealth approved, or most of them are .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the April Fools joke is all these pitches have been stealth approved, or most of them are .
    That would be nice. Saw some people say that instead of “winner gets published” it should be “winner gets published first”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I suspect they might reveal more details about the titles as the competition heats up.
    Yes - for the winners at least:

Stay tuned, as these will be revealed at the end of each round for the remaining contenders!

April 8, 2021 (Los Angeles) : TALENT TEAMS, SPOT ART
    DATE TBD: ONE-PAGE PREVIEWS
    DATE TBD: TEN-PAGE PREVIEWS

So final two are getting 10 pages previews? 100% that runner up either gets series as well at later date or is published in Let Them Live!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nightrunner is a bat character.
    Brain fart by me to make the thread in the Batman forum Robins specific.

Astonishing Member

Why'd they have to pit Jaime against Nightrunner! Nightrunner is one of the Batman Incorporated heroes I grew to love the most, and I've always wanted more stories and adventures with him.

But I ain't going to miss the chance to push Jaime into college-aged! That's too valuable story-progression to pass up.

I'm not sure how the initial matchups were chosen, but pitting Nightrunner against Jaime feels unfair.

On another note, I also don't like that they put the LGBT+ young heroes story against a Robin's story. At this point, I'd like to see who they'd tell a story about and which young LGBT+ heroes would be used, or even revealed and introduced. But the temptation of a Robin's night out, especially for those who assume it'll just be the "accepted Robins", might be too strong. And those who already headcanon them all as being ("safely") LGBT+ anyway could easily hamper us getting an actual LGBTQ+ young JL-potential heroes story.

The lack of any explicitly mention for Black and Asian characters within these pitches (other than Amanda Waller as a "safe" example who's not even the main protagonist of the pitch) is also extremely disappointing. I'd have liked to see more Nightrunner and Creeper-tier picks that included more of the Black and Asian superhero DC cast.

All that said, I am intrigued by the "Son of Creeper" story. I'm all for legacy heroes and legacy progeny stories, and this seems like a fun way for me to get into The Creeper's mythos.

Speaking of, though, pairing the "Son of Creeper" pitch next to something with Lobo and Animal Man in it also feels unfair.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-31-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Why'd they have to pit Jaime against Nightrunner! Nightrunner is one of the Batman Incorporated heroes I grew to love the most, and I've always wanted more stories and adventures with him.

But I ain't going to miss the chance to push Jaime into college-aged! That's too valuable story-progression to pass up.

I'm not sure how the initial matchups were chosen, but pitting Nightrunner against Jaime feels unfair.

On another note, I also don't like that they put the LGBT+ young heroes story against a Robin's story. At this point, I'd like to see who they'd tell a story about and which young LGBT+ heroes would be used, or even revealed and introduced. But the temptation of a Robin's night out, especially for those who assume it'll just be the "accepted Robins", might be too strong. And those who already headcanon them all as being ("safely") LGBT+ anyway could easily hamper us getting an actual LGBTQ+ young JL-potential heroes story.

The lack of any explicitly mention for Black and Asian characters within these pitches (other than Amanda Waller as a "safe" example who's not even the main protagonist of the pitch) is also extremely disappointing. I'd have liked to see more Nightrunner and Creeper-tier picks that included more of the Black and Asian superhero DC cast.

All that said, I am intrigued by the "Son of Creeper" story. I'm all for legacy heroes and legacy progeny stories, and this seems like a fun way for me to get into The Creeper's mythos.

Speaking of, though, pairing the "Son of Creeper" pitch next to something with Lobo and Animal Man in it also feels unfair.
    Yeah it sucks to dangle a lot of really interesting story concepts in front of fans and then say well you only get one. But we’ll give you 10 Batman books.

They are too vulnerable though to try them them all out and see which one’s flop or not.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-01-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Zatanna and GL, the rest get a hard "NO" from me.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah it sucks to dangle a lot of really interesting story concepts in front of fans and then say well you only get one. But we’ll give you 10 Batman books.
    Yep! It's agonizing me the more I dwell on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They are too venerable though to try them them all out and see which one’s flop or not.
    I wouldn't really see this as "venerable" in such a context.

Extraordinary Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steph_Sma...07003144523776

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    wouldn't really see this as "venerable" in such a context.
    Fairly certain he means vulnerable as in DC financially cannot afford to roll the dice on several titles that may bomb.

The two I want the most are pitted against each other, and they’re the only POC on the list! What a bummer! I voted for Blue Beetle! It’s time we see him in college