Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it might win too which would truly be the worst case scenario lmao. Casuals treat this like a popularity contest and I think Harley is more popular than the Robins.
    This is essentially a popularity contest though
    I was never buying this whole let's give spotlight to lesser characters spiel
    The most popular characters minus superman made it to the final

I think it might win too which would truly be the worst case scenario lmao. Casuals treat this like a popularity contest and I think Harley is more popular than the Robins.
    Isn't getting people to buy comic books all about popularity of the comic book titles?

Actually looking at the ig post I take my pick back
    Final contest is only happening on dc community so that pretty much means only 1000+ people are picking the final series
    I think Robins can easily win with such a biased final round

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't getting people to buy comic books all about popularity of the comic book titles?
    The problem is that probably the majority of the people who voted wont buy those comics and would rather catch Covid19 than buying a comic.

I can't say I'm interested in either, but well deserved for all the scamming and petty votes from other fans.

It's one thing to dislike a fictional character, it's completely a different matter to hate people for liking things you don't.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Worst case scenerio! I don't get it. It's not like DC is about to come to your house and force you to read it the fans aren't getting a Harley comic for free. They still have to pay for it.

Harley being popular is a positive AT&T needs every penny

I hope SS 7 will win because it seems a lot more interesting than the Robin series, which seems to be very basic sadly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I can't say I'm interested in either, but well deserved for all the scamming and petty votes from other fans.

It's one thing to dislike a fictional character, it's completely a different matter to hate people for liking things you don't.
    The green lantern author was cheating
    he cant encourage people to vote by promising them prizes

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I hope SS 7 will win because it seems a lot more interesting than the Robin series, which seems to be very basic sadly.
    we gonna get a 4-8 page preview next week so we shall see which is more compelling

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post

Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Actually looking at the ig post I take my pick back
    Final contest is only happening on dc community so that pretty much means only 1000+ people are picking the final series
    I think Robins can easily win with such a biased final round
    that's such weird move, why switching to that now when these titles are only in the final spot off the strength of the polls that weren't on DC community?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that's such weird move, why switching to that now when these titles are only in the final spot off the strength of the polls that weren't on DC community?
    And the cummnity itself hates both those titles too

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Anyone notice that the final round voting is DC Community only? It feels like they finally realized how toxic this whole experiment has become and they’re cutting the Instagram/Robins-heavy vote and trying to curb some of the negative reactions on Twitter. No matter who wins it’ll still have the feeling of a tainted victory.

The Round Robin tournament was definitely an interesting idea to try and harness fan engagement and have people campaign for their favorite characters. Too bad blew up in their faces right from round 1 (and it got bad when homophobic hate groups got involved), and DC had no choice but to drag the tournament on for weeks. Hopefully the PR team learned the right lessons here. What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Anyone notice that the final round voting is DC Community only? It feels like they finally realized how toxic this whole experiment has become and they’re cutting the Instagram/Robins-heavy vote and trying to curb some of the negative reactions on Twitter. No matter who wins it’ll still have the feeling of a tainted victory.

The Round Robin tournament was definitely an interesting idea to try and harness fan engagement and have people campaign for their favorite characters. Too bad blew up in their faces right from round 1 (and it got bad when homophobic hate groups got involved), and DC had no choice but to drag the tournament on for weeks. Hopefully the PR team learned the right lessons here. What a mess.
    Your right.

DC shouldn't have tried to seek out any feedback on potential projects.

Fans are just a bunch of ungrateful little snots who will whine and complain no matter what DC does.

I feel like that's a incredibly biased way to end the tournament
    Twitter and ig are blocked from participating and only 1000 people on dc community get to decide now
    Well congrats robins DC just handed them the worthless victory