Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    If they wanted to attract new people they should've done a lineup more like this
    1. Young Justice
    2. Doom Patrol
    3. Black Lightning
    4. The Flash (Barry)
    5. A Superman and Lois mini with kid Jon (family book/CW inspiration)
    6. Steel
    7. The Atom (Ryan Choi)
    8. Suicide Squad Seven (for Harley Fans)
    9. Swamp Thing
    10. Stargirl
    The Young Justice group has a few issues it needs to sort out first.
    Doom Patrol needs to be re-established.
    Black Lightning needs to be the father of Thunder and Lightning again (they were made into his cousins in New52, and I don't know if they were turned back).
    The Flash... I haven't touched it in awhile. No idea where it is.
    That was literally how Superman and Action Comics Rebirth began, but Bendis nixed it to make Jon the 39,276th teen hero with no personality with a widely unpopular age-up.
    Steel would need to be re-established.
    Haven't heard a peep from Ryan Choice since JLA Rebirth.
    No. No more Harley for me.
    Isn't Swamp Thing more horror related than kid centric?
    Yes. With Geoff Johns writing her, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    If they wanted to attract new people they should've done a lineup more like this
    1. Young Justice
    2. Doom Patrol
    3. Black Lightning
    4. The Flash (Barry)
    5. A Superman and Lois mini with kid Jon (family book/CW inspiration)
    6. Steel
    7. The Atom (Ryan Choi)
    8. Suicide Squad Seven (for Harley Fans)
    9. Swamp Thing
    10. Stargirl
    If you're going for characters being used on TV, then Steel would've been a spoiler, as we only learned this week that he's in the Arrowverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Black Lightning needs to be the father of Thunder and Lightning again (they were made into his cousins in New52, and I don't know if they were turned back).
    That was literally how Superman and Action Comics Rebirth began, but Bendis nixed it to make Jon the 39,276th teen hero with no personality with a widely unpopular age-up.
    Black Lightning has been reverted to being Thunder and Lightning's father, did you read their story in the Asian heroes special (it was justified by the story also including Grace Choi)?

The mainline Flash comic now stars Wally. Barry's to be in the Infinite Frontier mini, he's joining the Justice Incarnate team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You don't need to do any of that.

Where was Ambush Bug established at? Or Jaime Reyes? Guys that have not been active in years.

There is no need to establish. Just tell a story.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    To be honest, Zachary really is and feels like that type of guy who's life easily goes off the rails, especially when left to his own devices, so it makes all of the sense to me that that seems to be the case here.
    I guess early on, but I thought he was kind of past that. Just seems like a bit much even for him.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Harley's currently in Gotham trying to redeem herself by cleaning up Joker War leftovers, trying to approach the people he hurt in the past, and helping Batman when he needs it and for once she's not in Suicide Squad at all, so if it's canon it's not during the time of the current ongoing. It's either the future or the past.
    Wait nevermind I just actually read the preview lol

Harley crashes this Suicide Squad Seven to teach the Squad as the eighth person by her own volition. She's not even supposed to be there. So it can happen in canon present day.

Omigosh she's not even supposed to be there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess early on, but I thought he was kind of past that. Just seems like a bit much even for him.
    He hasn't been in the limelight (or just the light of day in general) since forever ago, so who knows what's been going down for him seemingly on his own. Again, some people just slip easily in this way (they are more common than most might imagine they would be), and Zachary feels like one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If you're going for characters being used on TV, then Steel would've been a spoiler, as we only learned this week that he's in the Arrowverse.
    Black Lightning has been reverted to being Thunder and Lightning's father, did you read their story in the Asian heroes special (it was justified by the story also including Grace Choi)?

The mainline Flash comic now stars Wally. Barry's to be in the Infinite Frontier mini, he's joining the Justice Incarnate team.
    I'll have to go read that then, but glad they were made his daughters again.

He hasn't been in the limelight (or just the light of day in general) since forever ago, so who knows what's been going down for him seemingly on his own. Again, some people just slip easily in this way (they are more common than most might imagine they would be), and Zachary feels like one of those people.
    Maybe. Just not sure if this was the best way to re-introduce him.

Maybe. Just not sure if this was the best way to re-introduce him.
    Well, considering it's Suicide Squad, you may not see him for long anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, considering it's Suicide Squad, you may not see him for long anyway.
    This has been thrown around a lot, but exactly how many characters in the various Suicide Squad incarnations actually die? And of them, how many of those actually stayed dead? (I can only think of Reverse Flash Daniel West.

Deadshot was killed off last year.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Floyd_Lawton_(Prime_Earth)

Five years ago they introduced another Deadshot... but he didn't survive the mini he was introduced in.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Will_Evans_(Prime_Earth)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-30-2021 at 06:49 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Deadshot was killed off last year.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Floyd_Lawton_(Prime_Earth)

Five years ago they introduced another Deadshot... but he didn't survive the mini he was introduced in.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Will_Evans_(Prime_Earth)
    Deadshot is a notable one, yeah, but I do wonder how long he'll stay dead, considering he's pretty iconic to the Suicide Squad.

That's still just three characters, though, and with the way others have been wording things, one would think the count would be considerably higher.

Deadshot is a notable one, yeah, but I do wonder how long he'll stay dead, considering he's pretty iconic to the Suicide Squad.

That's still just three characters, though, and with the way others have been wording things, one would think the count would be considerably higher.
    It is considerably higher. Fortunately Den of Geek had already compiled a pretty comprehensive list of Squad deaths until August 2016 (in time for the release of the first movie):

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...suicide-squad/

A vast majority of these characters have still not been revived. A C/D-List character like Zachary could easily be killed off and forgotten about for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It is considerably higher. Fortunately Den of Geek had already compiled a pretty comprehensive list of Squad deaths until August 2016 (in time for the release of the first movie):

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...suicide-squad/

A vast majority of these characters have still not been revived. A C/D-List character like Zachary could easily be killed off and forgotten about for decades.
    Well, Zachary's relevant to Zatanna and has magic so he's probably more likely to come back, if possible.

Well, Zachary's relevant to Zatanna and has magic so he's probably more likely to come back, if possible.
    I mean, depends. Christian Frost who was relevant to Emma disappeared for a good 15-16 years or so and was then brought back primarily because they needed an LGBT+ mutant from the past for one of Iceman's solos.