Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Twitter poll update after 24 hours
    Might want to go grab the Instagram votes too while you’re at it.

Edit: What the hell I’ll do it myself
    F10B1399-EC23-4566-8191-4B46E0E3481A.jpg
    1F72001C-C826-4CCF-A2F8-67EE965A81D1.jpg
    A47E93BF-0EE7-4382-87DE-F9D52ACCB57D.jpg
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-01-2021 at 09:59 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might want to go grab the Instagram votes too while you’re at it.
    Too much effort.

7D584EA2-EC7E-4A67-B8F3-7DCA9783C5AD.jpg
    1E6FC6C6-A7F9-4CCA-80A1-C27FBD5E0365.jpg

Robins won surprising absolutely no one. Also Instagram has better taste than Twitter, Jimmy Olsen deserves to win damnit!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

No surprise Zatanna and Blue Beetle stole the show.

I wonder what the cast for JLQ would've been.

I'm happy for Kyle and Jesse fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Still shocked that Swamp Thing is beating Suicide Squad.
    Not even just Suicide Squad, but basically a Harley Quinn book.

Robins is going to win huh? And we’re going to get stuck with another Bat book... boring!

Also something has to be going on with the Twitter poll for JLQ vs Robins. It has like almost 10K more votes than everything else... but which side are the inflated numbers coming from... hmm
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Robins is going to win huh? And we’re going to get stuck with another Bat book... boring!

Also something has to be going on with the Twitter poll for JLQ vs Robins. It has like almost 10K more votes than everything else... but which side are the inflated numbers coming from... hmm
    Botting or brigading and I think it’s on the side of JLQ. No offense to those who want that book but no way in hell would it ever be close if this was a vote where everyone could only vote once.

Ultimate Member

A someone pointed out on Twitter

You have a book that is all LGBTQA with no one knowing who the cast is.

If that is not a MAGNET for a certain group to scream "this proves no one wants a LGBTQA hero book!" if it loses.

If it wins "this was an attack on Robin because they have been WHITE (We Are Robin and Carrie say HI)."

..Either something screwy *is* going on, or DC pitted its two strongest competitors against each other in the first round, or there really are just a whole bunch of people who would join exclusively to vote for or against more Batbooks... but not Nightrunner.
    Nightrunner has not been in a book for 10 years.

Asteria has ONE appearance. Not sure how she is giving Superman and Lois a battle.

JLQ caught the attention of Twitterverse. I've seen many people make jokes on its name saying if Batman told them to join "Justice League Queer" (Queer isn't exactly considered an incredibly polite word for individuals who aren't LGBTQIA+ to use) they would become a straight up villain. So those people are voting for it to lose while its supporters are voting for it to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    JLQ caught the attention of Twitterverse. I've seen many people make jokes on its name saying if Batman told them to join "Justice League Queer" (Queer isn't exactly considered an incredibly polite word for individuals who aren't LGBTQIA+ to use) they would become a straight up villain. So those people are voting for it to lose while its supporters are voting for it to win.
    But there has been the TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Asteria has ONE appearance. Not sure how she is giving Superman and Lois a battle.
    Probably says more about Superman than about Asteria.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Very interested to see how it does on Instagram. I’m expecting S&L to win but perhaps the WW movies improved the Wonderverse standing more than we thought? Also Supes has a ton of books so I shouldn’t really begrudge this losing. But I do begrudge it because I want it to make it to Round 2 so I can figure out who is writing it! No way will it win but I want to know who pitched it because they need to be given a shot at the main Superbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Very interested to see how it does on Instagram. I’m expecting S&L to win but perhaps the WW movies improved the Wonderverse standing more than we thought? Also Supes has a ton of books so I shouldn’t really begrudge this losing. But I do begrudge it because I want it to make it to Round 2 so I can figure out who is writing it! No way will it win but I want to know who pitched it because they need to be given a shot at the main Superbooks.
    I don't know, we got another WW book getting blown out by Kyle/Kilowog team-up. Thou maybe there is a big demand for Kyle focused book.

I don't know, we got another WW book getting blown out by Kyle/Kilowog team-up. Thou maybe there is a big demand for Kyle focused book.
    Twitter isn’t really a good indicator of what people will buy. If that JLQ book had won I doubt all the people who voted for it would’ve even bothered to show up and buy it. And I know some of the votes against S&L came from crazy Supergirl fans who blame the show for Supergirl ending and took “revenge” . It’s insane but all the Tumblr nut jobs migrated to Twitter. Still interested to see how the Instagram votes go though.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or rather, its an indicator of the demand for more WW content.

Asteria is fresh in people's mind because she was in a movie played by a beloved actress (even if it was a cameo).

Etta Candy is supposed to be WW's best pal but the movies barely featured her so of course, there wasn't a huge push. It shows how much of a difference, an adaptation can make.